What's new

Strategy Sonya Frame Data

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Somberness, how many frames of recovery does Sonya have on a whiffed Dive Kick when she lands before she can block? Is it instant like Mileena's roll?

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Konqrr wiff dive kicks are definitely punishable by fast normals and specials, don't know the exact data on it tho

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
She has no safe options off of it on block :(
Ehh that sucks. i still may use it to try to check opponents trying to duck my strings. catch them trying to poke out of a frame trap (maybe a hit down poke) and 4xxcartwheel. May also be able to 4xxmsxxback dash and whiff punish something with a d4. Its something that may be worthwhile

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Ehh that sucks. i still may use it to try to check opponents trying to duck my strings. catch them trying to poke out of a frame trap (maybe a hit down poke) and 4xxcartwheel. May also be able to 4xxmsxxback dash and whiff punish something with a d4. Its something that may be worthwhile
The best thing I have found is to mix in 4 ex cw so your opponent will be on their toes in regard to trying to interrupt and punish.

Somberness

Lights
Changes:
- usual multi hit stuff and armor properties
- decreased MS4 duration by 1, also increased advantages by 1
- fixed typo with s2's duration and finally edited fastest dive kick speed with a jump included, lol

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
So let me see if I got this right...
In order to succesfuly connect the AirDrop after a F22xxMS, it must be done PERFECTLY?
F22 has 31 frames of advantage on hit, Military Stance's first "cancelable" frame is its 21st, and the fastest AirDrop's first active frame (already incluiding the forward jump frames) is its 10th.

So... 31-21-10=0. Am I doing this right? lol

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
In order to succesfuly connect the AirDrop after a F22xxMS, it must be done PERFECTLY?
F22 has 31 frames of advantage on hit, Military Stance's first "cancelable" frame is its 21st, and the fastest AirDrop's first active frame (already incluiding the forward jump frames) is its 10th.

Somberness

Somberness

Lights

Yes.

Justice

Noob
Somberness

I was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and double-check the block advantage frames on Kartwheel/EX Kartwheel? I could have sworn that I was told back in 2011 that the EX was +3 on block. Aside from that, I was always told that EX is safe on block and normal was not quite as safe on block but your frame data says they're the same.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Somberness

I was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and double-check the block advantage frames on Kartwheel/EX Kartwheel? I could have sworn that I was told back in 2011 that the EX was +3 on block. Aside from that, I was always told that EX is safe on block and normal was not quite as safe on block but your frame data says they're the same.
I've always head that they're both -3

D4ms cancel repeatedly is a block infinite and so on with hit advantage infinite. D4's hit low and the pressure is inescapable for all characters even mid screen. Is Sonya the best character in mk9?