What's new

Match Footage SonicFox in Neutral

SonicFox in Neutral

Hey...why so few threads?

If you're wondering why I haven't made any threads for MKX currently it's because at the moment I don't own the game. It's the primary reason I haven't posted in any MKX discussions as of late either since I have minimal knowledge of the game. I still play injustice from time to time when I can, so feel free to hit me up if you want. I play cyborg. (PSN: Protagonist_1)

Also for some reason I can't change the font or color on the text below the picture above. If anyone can help with that on why it happens that would be more than helpful... (nevermind fixed it!!!)

WHAT? CRUCIFY HIM!!!

I initially planned on getting the game on PC and decided to wait after I finished with finals and graduated. Unfortunately, the PC version wasn't up to par. I'm not sure when I plan to get MKX on console.

Then....why make this thread?
It's been a while since I've posted a thread so I decided why not make a thread on how one of the top players in MKX plays in neutral? I don't think it takes a player to have MKX to see this kid has an insane neutral game. It's one of many reasons why he's been so successful.

This is less of a breakdown thread, and more of an observation thread to see the way Sonic plays in neutral when put in a neutral situation. These are mainly his highlights. If spoilers are needed to reduce lag, feel free to tell me and I'll do so.

SonicFox Low poke to initiate pressure

SonicFox whiff punish on run in:

SonicFox failed whiff punish attempt:

SonicFox crazy slide in neutral:

SonicFox zoning with normals and reversing position:

Game winning trip-guard on Tyrant:

You plan on making...injustice threads???
In addition, I planned on making a thread about jump in attacks for injustice but kind of lost the motivation since MKX came out. I still might just do it for the hell of it, it will probably be the last thread I make about injustice (not that I hate the game, just not sure if it really matters at this point).

Last edited:
Pressure off of whiff poke:

Trip-guard on Kung-Lao:

Raw reaction of ex-slide to close game:

Blocked Superman:

Run Under Trip-Guard

Whiff Punish on poke to intiate pressure:

Sonicfox getting first hit and winning the neutral battle:

Whiff Punish:

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Nah, he's just a random scrub that spams 50/50s. "Anyone can win in this game", but his worst offline placement is 2nd at the biggest Major
true true, but i think he reads faster than everyone. i would like to see pig or brady win it, or 16bit

delbuster

hungry
Sonic Fox neutral game is off the charts but the question is which characters can legitimately compete with Erron Black in the neutral game.
so the way i see it, EB's neutral game is solid but not super crazy or anything.
erron black's d3 is like... pretty average. his run speed is also matched by most of the cast, there are a few slow runners but yea.

the point of the footsies battle is to get into advantageous positioning, and EB's mixup starter 21122 is REALLY good, other chars don't really match it. getting 21122 off of winning footsies battle is usually how sonicfox wins matches

the char that wins off of suffocating neutral in this game is cassie cage, and the cassie players play too risky or don't play footsies well enough imo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah I keep hearing all this screaming about "mkx is pure 50 50s" and while some characters have strong 50/50s, I saw ECT full of great footsies, and pokes, and frame traps, and grabs, and anti airs, and reversals, and armor interrupts, and stagger strings. But I guess no one sees that because sometimes they get hit with an overhead.