What's new

Something on my mind that I just want to share

After my first regional tournament (winterfest), I have leveled up a lot since then. I am very shitty at online play... but offline I could say that Ive leveled up a lot after the tournament.
If you think you have nothing to improve upon then let me give you this training tutorial. Practice your footsies.

Online might be impossible to practice this, but heres what you are going to do to practice for your next offline tournament.

But first let me explain what footsies means. Footsies means both players are around mid screen moving back and fourth in and out of attack ranges then harass whenever possible. They use long range pokes to control the pace of the match (in this case reptile D4/D4 ah). Footsies can be used to punish mistakes.

Now go to training mode, pick your character (in this case reptile) and if you are new to this then pick sheeva for the computer and turn her into "expert level". Now your goal is to stay around jumping distance without getting hit, punish wiff attacks and use D4 whenever you can then move out. When sheeva jumps in use 2 ex FB for a juggle, when she does her leg stomp/fireball JIP for punish (dont do a full combo so you dont waste time), when she wiffs then punish her with dash, and dash when she does air stomp. Your goal is to have more life than her without using any combos. From there move onto other character with jax I believe is the hardest.

Train and LEVEL UP. PEACE AND LOVE!!!

McNasty

Moist.
Nice write up this is something I do a lot actually and can say has helped a lot. I like to give the AI unlimited meter to help with reacting to random ex and wake ups as well(stuffing certain ex moves too!) Good practice for AA's, spacing, when where and how to utilize your best normals/specials. This is definitely a good first step for online players prepping to make waves at a tournament.