What's new

Tech Some Stryker tele 'os'

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
forward back 4 (it WILL be a sweep unless they cross you up or teleport)
down forward 4 (if your crouching for the forward already it will just be a d4, if your standing it will be a 4 but either will turn into baton sweep)

Also its good vs characters with a custum tele like Freddy where they can ambiguously teleport.

Against Kung Lao the down forward 4 stuff is funny because all of his teleport options wiff if you do this. I did this just a game ago and he just started spamming it so I got too NJP and get a full combo. It makes teleporting frustrating :)

Use it to hit him with standing 4 and d4. It will stuff dive kicks and if he teleports baton sweep will come out and all 4 of his options wiff. It also works for forward back 4 and you will always get a sweep unless they tele then you rolltoss them.

If you do it right it will just looking a standard 4 but if they tele it will be quick start up on a rolltoss (or like, think like the moment the teleport happens Strykers animation starts too and Stryker will recover and get meter in time for when they crossup)

Problem is that for the toss version I get a sweep instead of a 4 yet. If I can make it so I don't get a sweep for the back part of 4 and just get a 4 the ambiguousness of this would be epic.

It makes a better sweep, d4 and 4 in my opinion because it makes 3 options even safer then they already are (they are Strykers best pokes imo)

I cannot tell if you can use EX versions with this yet I will need a human opponent.

Good vs smoke where I can just roll toss him rolltossed into the corner or take my safe normal sweep.

The baton version is less obviously less safe unless you input the 4 with a block which won't waste your meter if you get the normal which is sick.

edit: Vulcan Hades should get credit for inspiring me to figure this out. His old tech was the ground work for it.

These are the ones I posted in my old thread:

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:d:r:bk:blk (Gun cancel into standing 4 or EX baton)

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:d:r:fp (Gun cancel into standing 1 or low grenade)

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:l :bk (Gun cancel into Sweep or Roll Toss)

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:l :fp:blk (Gun cancel into Beatdown or EX Gun Shot)

We just need enough frame advantage to be able to take our gun out safely. Baton Sweep again seems to work good for this. (but that's character specific)

I haven't explored the other ones I posted but I know you can't OS vs teleports if the first poke whiffs. They need to teleport after blocking a poke or before the poke comes out. Not sure if I'm being clear enough.