What's new

So they have like 300 beta testers, yet...

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
None of them decided to reveal confidential stuff over the internet? Like, how does NRS manage this shit? Are they being held hostage at the NRS building being forced to play the game and having all their activities monitored very rigorously? Or do they send them home and threaten their families and loved ones if they're ever caught leaking stuff? Do they send surveillance SUVs outside of their houses to keep them in place? I mean 300 people is a lot to control... do they hire blind beta testers, Imean, what's going on?

Or maybe Im just not keeping up with news and shits been leaked already.

E

Eldriken

Or, the people they have testing the game are the reliable type.

Take @GGA 16 Bit for example. The dude just simply doesn't crack when asked about things over and over and over again in Twitch stream chats when we have Injustice tournaments and such going on. If they have 299 more people like him testing the game, then that's why no details are leaking. Which is a good thing. Those are the type of people you want working for you because they're doing their job.

Don't get me wrong, however. I do wish we were getting a steady stream of information regularly, but I guess Boon just doesn't want to do that.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Im glad they're doing their job well, I just find it strange that there are practically no leaks with so many testers who have access to the full roster

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
People who ask this question have never been in a position to be entitled to confidential information lol.

If I get caught talking about a criminal investigation I could face criminal charges. If an employee of a company gets caught leaking information they could face termination or a civil suit.

Most REASONABLE adults can keep their mouths shut when something is actually on the line.

coolwhip

Noob
None of them decided to reveal confidential stuff over the internet? Like, how does NRS manage this shit? Are they being held hostage at the NRS building being forced to play the game and having all their activities monitored very rigorously? Or do they send them home and threaten their families and loved ones if they're ever caught leaking stuff? Do they send surveillance SUVs outside of their houses to keep them in place? I mean 300 people is a lot to control... do they hire blind beta testers, Imean, what's going on?

Have you ever encountered real life? Try it sometimes. Over there, keeping a job is important.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
They have to sign an agreement to stay silent, if they dont they can lose their job and face a civil suit.

They also have ways to track IP addresses and find out who if anyone did release information. Not worth it.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
It should actually be uncommon for leaks not uncommon that there haven't been any. You sign a contract, you tend to follow it through. Putting your job on the line simply because others can't wait a few months is silly. Unless the testers aren't adults, I think they would prioritize their income instead of satiating the curious and impatient.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Most likely just the QA actually valuing their future careers. Not too ridiculous really.

Because they are mature adults that understand their responsibility and would like to keep their job over pleasing gamers for a few months...

Dust

Iron Dragon
Awesome testers that is why. As for the getting fired all it takes to avoid is a whisper to a friend who whispers to another friend who then post or sends stuff anonymously. But these gents are respecting Netherrealms wishes and I respect them for doing so.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
All this talk about milk gives me a craving for Pineapple juice.

Oh yeah, and real men don't leak. About game info or in the bathroom.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Well they could get fired and sued soooo imean, it's just a video game so it isn't that deep and isn't worth the risk if you ask me..

If I got to test a video game, especially an MK or NRS made game, I would never violate their trust and respect by leaking stuff. It would be disrespectful to Ed Boon, all the people at NRS, the game itself, and it would show just the type of person you really are. Not to mention, who knows if they can sue them now after what happened with IGAU.

Bottom line, I would be so appreciative having a temporary job like that. There's no way I would violate that trust.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
In the nicest possible way, this is why they have the job and you don't.

As much as it would be nice to get hands on with the full roster 2-18 months early, I have to hold my hands up and admit I'm not someone who specializes in going over everything with a fine toothed comb tenfold to decipher questionable game mechanics, I'm more about taking established tech, breaking down the properties and see where/how else they come in play. But that's not what NRS are looking for, pre-release no less.

Your best bet for leaks of this nature is someone who has a J-tagged Xbox that's able to get a hold of the game when it "goes gold" in March or so.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If I got to test a video game, especially an MK or NRS made game, I would never violate their trust and respect by leaking stuff. It would be disrespectful to Ed Boon, all the people at NRS, the game itself, and it would show just the type of person you really are. Not to mention, who knows if they can sue them now after what happened with IGAU.

Bottom line, I would be so appreciative having a temporary job like that. There's no way I would violate that trust.
I came here to say exactly this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

You've heard of a NDC (not nomad dash cancel lol) right? Most of the "leaks" come from outside media sources and/or salty former employees of said companies who don't care about what they signed and aren't linked in any way to NRS. Being a tester in-house is a completely different story.

If you are fortunate enough to be a tester on something like this... would you risk your job talking about it? If you blab and get caught, there goes every future opportunity to do so in the future for that company and possibly others. It would be very difficult to move up in the industry with that broken trust hanging over your head.