What's new

So if I don't post this area dies?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
L0rdoftheFLY, what do you have to say about Foxy's description of Nightwolf: "an inferior Jax who just does more damage mid screen"? I guess dash punch and EX punch are better than shoulder ram and EX shoulder ram. Jax also has a better projectile and his unblockable special move can be canceled. He can reliably do JK -> aerial throw versus low pokes for 16% of damage. f+4,1,3 hits low unlike f+3, is a little bit faster, and gives better frames rates on block than f+3,1. Nightwolf is perhaps superior at mid range versus low hitbox characters, but Jax has better armor moves and is arguably the best character in the corner.

I think Foxy has a good point in this case.

NKZero

Noob
L0rdoftheFLY, what do you have to say about Foxy's description of Nightwolf: "an inferior Jax who just does more damage mid screen"? I guess dash punch and EX punch are better than shoulder ram and EX shoulder ram. Jax also has a better projectile and his unblockable special move can be canceled. He can reliably do JK -> aerial throw versus low pokes for 16% of damage. f+4,1,3 hits low unlike f+3, is a little bit faster, and gives better frames rates on block than f+3,1. Nightwolf is perhaps superior at mid range versus low hitbox characters, but Jax has better armor moves and is arguably the best character in the corner.

If you don't mind my take on this as well, I agree entirely. That projectile thing is huge because it allows Jax to zone. Nightwolf cannot zone with arrow. The only thing I see in Nightwolf's favour is that F31 string. I think it's a great string because you can stutter between any hit without the opponent knowing when to poke out. F413 has some holes. I don't think there is much difference between dash punch and shoulder charge. Also EX shoulder goes full screen. Plus Nightwolf has reflect. You could also compare how they both have grab type moves (Jax's gotcha grab vs Nightwolf's choke). Jax's grab is way better. Faster start-up plus he has an aerial one at his disposal if need be. Jax also has better movement. So yeah pretty much Jax is Nightwolf but better.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Plus Nightwolf has reflect.
Good post, but reflect is overrated unless you're dealing with generic fireballs. The top three zoning characters - Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy - make reflect pretty risky to use. Besides, each has fireballs that can't be reflected.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I think he is dead Spot on

If f3 were a low and arrow speed of sonya's projectile or even jaxs he'd be top 5-8

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Good post, but reflect is overrated unless you're dealing with generic fireballs. The top three zoning characters - Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy - make reflect pretty risky to use. Besides, each has fireballs that can't be reflected.
Nw is the better character mid screen. He has better footsies but his weakness is zoning but only against certain characters.

In the corner jax excels. And his up close pressure can seem more over whelming. In reality they are both dangerous up close in different ways and when nw gets a hit it hurts more.

But I still think jax is the better charcter. This is only due to zoning ability and his low hit box. But that's it.

Tolkeen

/wrists
It's gonna be okay NW players....Fly, do you need a SHOULDER to cry on?

See what I did there?

I tried to pick up NW because he's a native and his character design is cool, but his strings feel clunky to me, so he didn't really stick. Glad to see there are still people who play him though.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Nw actually gets a bunch on damage off a Jk. He gets 1x4 into 122 shoulder for mid 24% I think.

But I do think f3 should be 10 frames and a low

NKZero

Noob
Nw actually gets a bunch on damage off a Jk. He gets 1x4 into 122 shoulder for mid 24% I think.

But I do think f3 should be 10 frames and a low
Isn't F3 11 frames? I don't think it being low would make a huge difference. I'd always block low vs Nightwolf anyways. That eliminates many of his options up close. But I would like it low simply because he could do with that option to give the opponent a hit level to worry about rather than just saying I can block it standing or crouching.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I've a;ways thought NW was a great fighter. All this "he's bottom tier" or "seond worst fighter in the game" shit is so stupid. I feel like he is top 15. Somwhere around 12 or 13. He is really good. He gets out clased in some spots by Jax, but that can be said the other way around as well. I agree, if he was low hitbox, and f3 was low, he'd be top 8. He has decent mix up and pressure and does shit tons of dmg EVERY time he touch's you.

But fuck NW, shoulder needs to be punishable on block :( But so does superman punch. :( :( :(

jk I have mad respect for this fighter.

McNasty

Moist.
F3 should be nuetral on block. The days of people not knowing the match up are over. He just doesnt cut the mustard in the bs department. Unfortunately he didnt get buffed 13 times./endrant

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think he is dead Spot on

If f3 were a low and arrow speed of sonya's projectile or even jaxs he'd be top 5-8
The following would be my buffs:

- cancelable lightning (a la Jax's cancelable ground pound). Most obvious buff in the world.

- arrow has same start up and speed as Jax's projectile.

- hatchet is -3 on block; EX hatchet is +6 on block.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

- cancelable lightning (a la Jax's cancelable ground pound). Most obvious buff in the world.

- Neutral on block low F3

Please, NRS. I will play the SHIT out of Nightwolf. Honestly, I think a lot of people, including myself really dig Nightwolf's concept but he just isn't finished.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I would love all this. My list of buffs would be:

-Faster start up on lightning (a little slower than rains)

-Arrow start up is fine but being safe on block would be good. ( I would love kratos arrows honestly)

-f2 is 15 frames instead of 20 and hits overhead

-f3 is a low, 10 frames, and neutral on block

-d1 is 6 frames

-giving axe a faster start up for more viable AA (it wouldn't take much)

-eh axe a +3 on block would be real nice. + 6 would be a bit much.

I think these are all reasonable buffs that would help make him more dangerous across the board but not OP.

NKZero

Noob
The more I think about it I would take f2 being overhead and faster as opposed to f3 being a low.

People are ducking shoulder so f2 hitting mid would be perfect to counter that.
Does F2 hit neutral crouch? Or even crouch block for that matter?