What's new

So about them Cross-over-ers on wake-up.

Error

DF2+R2
Well, since word got out that Ermac has no armored wake-up attack people have been crossing him over left and right after a knockdown. I've heard d1 and d3 work, but I've never heard mention of using a reverse lift. I remember hearing about it some time ago, but never tried it, but now that I've managed to pull it off a few times, this option seems great.

I'd like someone with irl friends to try this out offline, because I'm not sure if I was only catching my opponents because of empty cross-over jumps.

If this is legit, Ermac would no longer have to fear bullying when knocked down.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I do it a lot because I figure a lot of people will cross jump when Im down and I cant remember a time it didnt actually work.
People will then blame the game for autocorrecting you but deep in your heart you'll be smiling :D

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
well if it works that would be awesome, but a d1 into lift works consistently for me. Just the possibility of the lift going the other way around would be a free full combo, so it sounds risky unless its very easy/consistent.
Also, uppercuts are good for crossup defense.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I do it a lot because I figure a lot of people will cross jump when Im down and I cant remember a time it didnt actually work.
People will then blame the game for autocorrecting you but deep in your heart you'll be smiling :D
I blame autocorrect for NOT correcting me. I swear sometimes I'll be playing my friend and be all the way on the other side of him and either punch or kick (in the air past him) and my character doesn't turn around so I whiff the attack and just land behind him.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I blame autocorrect for NOT correcting me. I swear sometimes I'll be playing my friend and be all the way on the other side of him and either punch or kick (in the air past him) and my character doesn't turn around so I whiff the attack and just land behind him.
That happens to me a lot. When I cross jump and punch and it fails hoprribly. But sometimes it works. I dunno what the game bases its decision on but fuck it would be nice to know lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Just stay down. Most players tend to whiff the punch and go into a string. There is no reason to always attack at wakeup. You'd be surprised at how many people you can punish for crossing you up that way.
You can also NJ punch every now and then as well.

zaf

professor
You can use tks and buffer it the other way, it is still not 100% consistent though.

other options:
- like sub_crash says, just lay there on the ground.
-tech roll. If you know your opponent likes to do this to you, just tech roll everything. As far as I know there are only a few chars that can still pressure if you tech roll. ( ermac mirror, shang, jax, cyrax,sektor,noob)
-just like tks, you can buffer teleport. It can surprise people some time and hit them out the air.
-uppcerut. just do it. this alone can be enough to scare someone from stopping.
-d1, same as uppercut, but not as damaging

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is simple fundamentals that you just have to learn. Dealing with wake up cross over is a skill you just have to have at this point in the game. Every character has to deal.

Error

DF2+R2
the revervse TKS has been working consistently for me, so I guess I'll stick with it. I'd save the d1's for offline whenever I get the chance.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Reverse TKS works very well, I've been using it for a long time now. You can catch people waaaay at the top of the jump arc, they're basically right above you. Honestly though, considering the faults it can have, your best bet is to uppercut and combo, or AA D+1~lift.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
metzos13 has been doing this in his games. Its not as easy as it sounds but not altogether so hard not to try.

Yeap. Its not hard to do it at all. But lift whiffs in the corner if you try a reverse wake up attack but TKP doesnt i think. Generally Ermac doesnt have problems in crossup wake up pressure. You just have to be careful.

You know, I was thinking about this just recently and seeing as the game give wake up attacks invincibility frames, would it be possible to do a wake up hover, cancel it fast enough and still have enough time to get down to punish a cross over with an uppercut?

Has anyone tried this? Is it even possible to do a wake up hover? And if it is possible, will there be enough frames left from the invincibility for you to get down and anti air the opponent?

zaf

professor
Wake up hover gets beat out.

It is possible to do, but when you do this and someone starts their jump, they can hit you out of the air before you return to the ground. EX Levitate may be fast enough, but it uses a meter when you can just TKS.

This is something i was trying and looking into before I started to just stay on the ground and let them d3 me up, or stay and catch their cross over with tks. I was tired of the free jump ins people got on ermac, but levitate never worked, i always got hit.... I also did try wakeup levitate into teleport, but this also does not work.

Your best option on your wake up, is to reverse input for tks, or just get up uppercut.