What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Matchup Discussion Thread

Deity

Noob
ok...I must have the timing wrong then. Her uppercut is 10 frames right? should be able to do the trick
I use d1, dagger cancel, 1,1,2 to punish both mileena's regular teleport and En teleport. Once you get it down its easier to time than uppercut.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I use d1, dagger cancel, 1,1,2 to punish both mileena's regular teleport and En teleport. Once you get it down its easier to time than uppercut.
Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try this out. Reset > uppercut for sure. Does it evade an immediate Air Sai from Mileena?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I havent played against much sektor, but it seems like it would be a tough match due to his quick teleport and good normals. Stryker is annoying, you can't really zone him well. skarlet has the edge in close though. Mileena makes me wanna quit skarlet lol.

Thoughts on the sub zero matchup? I honestly believe its still in favor of skarlet. She zones the shit out of him even with the dagger nerf. The startup on his projectile is too slow to trade. Slide helps him out from midscreen, but if skarlet does F4,3 then sub is right back out. Sub also can't corner skarlet as long as she has meter. You can just en red dash into slide as soon as he clones. It's not helpless for sub, but it seems like an uphill battle.
I play Sub.. just played Dink tonight actually. I don't think she fairs as well as you think. Her cancel nerf made it possible to navigate the Kuni's. He can dash d4 to get closer. I'm pretty sure they are like Sektor's missiles... there is a sweet spot where he can actually slide one... and at mid screen slide can hit before another comes out (granted you cancel it).
He can corner her... because you can fuzzy guard the slide. I know it is not punishable... but you won't be getting out for free. (what is the advantage on block for this move?)

I think Skarlet can create situations in which Sub Zero has to take a risk, and the guess here determines what happens in the match. Sub can pressure her fairly well, because she has to pick and choose when to actually Red Dash, whether it be after blocked 2,1 pressure.. or through a clone. (if you guess wrong on the 2,1 and I finish with 4... you'll lose that meter as well).

Someone edu-macate me more!!!!111!1!!1!1!! plzkthx

ryublaze

Noob
I think Skarlet has to be careful when zoning Sub-Zero now. She'll most likely be able to get 1 or 2 daggers in before she has to avoid an ice ball. She won't get much damage by zoning while SZ has the possibility of getting a combo in (daggers don't knock SZ down so he can move in easily after freeze). Her teleport works as a great counter for ice ball and possibly ice clone. Ice clone stops midscreen red dashes too. You can also EX red dash right through a clone and ice ball.

Her close air daggers are pretty useful, since they give her more air time and she can dodge an ice ball. Her close air daggers also provide a way of damaging SZ behind his ice clone. It shouldn't be used too much because a well timed ice ball or EX freeze can catch Skarlet in the air or possibly even a silde.

Btw, does anyone know if Sub-Zero can slide during Skarlet's red dash after a block string? (for example 1,1,4, red dash, red slide)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet Players where you're at! i think this character needs to be explored in depth.

Does the Match up status still stands?
So far, i'm having some hard time dealing with Jax footsies, Rain's Wake up attacks and a few Kano's movements.
Kung Lao is on a serious Situation here, the constant pressure when well played force his to spin leaving himself oppened to counters.

Flagg

Noob
I've been using her for about a week now.

What a breath of fresh air this character is. Just beginning to get the hang of dagger cancels now. Her 23 dagger cancel in particular is very good, especially comboed off a U3. Can lead to some pretty damaging strings.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
yeah, her X Ray can be pulled out from a Red Dash and the 1st hit seems to be over head.
I spend sometime with her yesterday, and my speed has increased a ton.
Honestly, from where i'm standing Skarlet seems to be pretty fast, almost on the same level as Kabal. She has that thing, we use to call limitless speed on MKT the more faster you play with her, her strings input will always follow your speed.

Anyhow, i will work out some combos with her along the week.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey what are your guys thoughts on the Sonya, Skarlett match up
My skarlett is still shit as hell, but I wanna know who has the advantage and what the general idea is for this match up.
Thanks

Ninj

Hey what are your guys thoughts on the Sonya, Skarlett match up
My skarlett is still shit as hell, but I wanna know who has the advantage and what the general idea is for this match up.
Thanks
Skarlet has the advantage in this fight, 6-4 (5.5-4.5 if you use decimals) - skill is a large factor. I typically employ the zoning game + Red Slides to annoy my Sonya opponent, and bait them into trying to get me into a block string/combo setup, which can be countered with EX Red Dash into up/down slash into reset.

It's critical to understand which Sonya hits are medium and low hits in order to block her setups. Be careful with Sonya, and you should win more often than you lose.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How do you see Skarlet fare vs Shang?

also Subzero has a tough time right?or can he trade without getting iceballs stuffed?

whats her worse MU?

ryublaze

Noob
How do you see Skarlet fare vs Shang?

also Subzero has a tough time right?or can he trade without getting iceballs stuffed?

whats her worse MU?
I see both of them having a hard time against Skarlet. Sub is probably 4-6 against Skarlet but not as bad as it used to be. I'm not sure what her worst matchup is but from my experiences Mileena seems to be the hardest.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I see both of them having a hard time against Skarlet. Sub is probably 4-6 against Skarlet but not as bad as it used to be. I'm not sure what her worst matchup is but from my experiences Mileena seems to be the hardest.
thank you,i appreciate it,why is it than Shang has a hard time vs her?air mobility?

ryublaze

Noob
thank you,i appreciate it,why is it than Shang has a hard time vs her?air mobility?
This is my opinion but I see him having a hard time zoning because of her (EX) Red Dash, and most Shangs don't know how to use Skarlet but that really comes down to the player. If he gets damage boost, Skarlet's original damage output isn't that great anyways unless she can land a full combo which seems kind of difficult in a Skarlet mirror. Shang also has a high hitbox if I'm not mistaken. Don't take my word for this cuz I haven't fought much Shangs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is my opinion but I see him having a hard time zoning because of her (EX) Red Dash, and most Shangs don't know how to use Skarlet but that really comes down to the player. If he gets damage boost, Skarlet's original damage output isn't that great anyways unless she can land a full combo which seems kind of difficult in a Skarlet mirror. Shang also has a high hitbox if I'm not mistaken. Don't take my word for this cuz I haven't fought much Shangs.
red dash hits overhead and is armoured right?

is it easy to punish a blocked teleport?like,7 frames at least?

if the dash is a problem its because it'l go through strings?if that's the case i already don't use string that can be armoured through.

ryublaze

Noob
red dash hits overhead and is armoured right?

is it easy to punish a blocked teleport?like,7 frames at least?

if the dash is a problem its because it'l go through strings?if that's the case i already don't use string that can be armoured through.
Red Dash into Down Slash is overhead while Slide is low. This could be 5-5 so I might be wrong.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Red Dash into Down Slash is overhead while Slide is low. This could be 5-5 so I might be wrong.
Last time i bug you.

she has an up slash which hits low and a down slash which hits high

she also has a slide which hits low but can cancel to the above?

how should i fight vs her?

ryublaze

Noob
Last time i bug you.

she has an up slash which hits low and a down slash which hits high

she also has a slide which hits low but can cancel to the above?

how should i fight vs her?
Umm her up slash hits high, her down slash is an overhead and her slide hits low. Her Red Dash can lead to any of those or she can stop and throw you. When fighting her, you have to make a guess but she will most likely Slide or throw. If you have meter for breaker you can block low. Her regular Down Slash can be read and fuzzy guarded, but her EX Down Slash is faster and requires meter. If she gets you into a blockstring, you want to block low and fuzzy guard the Down Slash otherwise she can EX Dagger into another blockstring. The 2nd to last hit of her F2, 1, 2, 1+2 string is an overhead so fuzzy guard that too.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I'd like to see a breakdown of what most top level Skarlet's believe each match-up is. I've been really thinking about picking her up. She's so unique and fun to play.

Ninj

I'd like to see a breakdown of what most top level Skarlet's believe each match-up is. I've been really thinking about picking her up. She's so unique and fun to play.
Working on this along with the guide. But it's just my opinion...so the guide is taking precedence over its completion. :)

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Working on this along with the guide. But it's just my opinion...so the guide is taking precedence over its completion. :)
aNinj's Skarlet > Everyone elses that I've seen

No one else is more qualified to do so. It made me so upset our connections weren't compatible with each other anymore. :(