Other Skarlet: I predict will be the next bandwagon

Discussion in 'Skarlet' started by AK Pig Of The Hut, Apr 26, 2012.

1. LEGEND

LEGEND YES! Staff Member

doesn't Sektor's BS hitbox negate more than half Skarlet's shit anyway?
  2. Ninj

Ninj Where art thou, MKX Skarlet? Staff Member

XBL:
    aNinj
    I've just been bought in the online mercenary tournament for CEO - I'm guessing that will be streamed. It's next wednesday.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Pig Of The Hut likes this.
  3. IKizzLE

IKizzLE BloodHound

No clue since I don't fight her often enough. And im not trying to experiment in an actual match against Ninj lol.
  4. LEGEND

LEGEND YES! Staff Member

wise

anyway, i was watching Mosp play Red reaper and alot of EX daggers and parts of block strings where going straight over Sektor's head. You should look into it
    IKizzLE likes this.
  5. AK Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut Kryptonian General - Kneel Before Me

It was really weird up slash not connecting on sektor up missle animation
    Mosp, IKizzLE and LETHAL LEGEND like this.
  6. IKizzLE

IKizzLE BloodHound

PHANTOM HITBOX FTW!!
    Man, all we need now is BookBurning to go to EVO and the DLC characters will be WELL represented. HYPE!!!!!!
  7. swag1

swag1 EX smash solves all

PSN:
    Swag1_07
    for the record, when the sonya bandwagon begins, i was first (one of) to say she is one of the best (top 3)
  8. Saint

Saint Active Member

here have a cookie
    MK Peanuts likes this.
  9. Skitzo

Skitzo Well-Known Member

XBL:
    C88 Skitzo
    There's a bunch of hipsters on this thread lolol

"i played them before there was a bandwagon" "i've used them since the launch of the game/release of the character"
    BodamEscapePlan and Kidigital like this.
  10. KRYS9984

KRYS9984 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    KRYS9984
    Pig Of The Hut is on to something; The past week I've been playing against Skarlet's quite frequently.
  11. Kidigital

Kidigital Member

Haven't really notice much but I did recently start using her a couple months ago. Maybe ivve been riding on the wagon without knowing lol.
  12. AK L0rdoftheFLY

AK L0rdoftheFLY Yea I killed Dick Grayson...so what? Premium Supporter

Low hit box characters make her life hard. F212 strings don't work with dc. You are stuck with b11f4 rd slide or bait them blocking and do 114 while standing. Then f212 will hit.

She is a force. She is harder to use than Kabal but I think the reward is higher. Kabal is good without dash cancels. Skarlet has to have high execution to be viable at all.
    OneBoxyRobot and Eddy Wang like this.
  13. RedRaptor10

RedRaptor10 Slips' Protégé Premium Supporter

Sorry it wasn't directed at you but like half of the MK community underrates her while the other half overrates her but only a few know how to fight/fight against Skarlet. We'll never know her true potential until EVO I guess.
  14. Flagg

Flagg Well-Known Member

Been saying for the longest time that Skarlet is severely underated, as is Rain.

Difference between a Cage and Skarlet bandwagon, any moron can pick up Cage easy enough. Skarlet, not so easy.

Yeah she's hard to use and hard to win with if you're still learning, however if you're a player that likes to play the game on the fly, she really comes into her own.

Her normals are ridiculous and she has several ways to just about punish anything in this game.
  15. CD jr

CD jr Well-Known Member

no jax?
    Pig Of The Hut likes this.
  16. blueNINE

blueNINE RPD.MCZ|Alex Smith

I think she is too difficult to play for people to start playing her en masse. I do consider her a decent character with a lot of potential. She has some problems, though. Still, I plan to do it up with her this year. Going to hit the lab hard again.

I'm really interested to see this Skarlet player you're referring to, Pig. I have a guess or two as to who it might be.
    I think that's actually very accurate! Except for...Shang Tsung? When did that happen?
  17. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

Didn't Kung Lao, Kabal, and Raiden all have bandwagons too?
  18. General M2Dave

General M2Dave Interactables Master Premium Supporter

PSN:
    m2dave
    XBL:
    m2dave
    Skarlet can zone? LOL. What is wrong with you fools? Daggers do chip damage on hit. Cage can outzone this character with his awful projectiles.

Also, Freddy will never be a bandwagon character because he has a few difficult match ups. Once people realize they cannot sit back and throw projectiles vs. the likes of Kung Lao and Smoke, time to go back to f+3 and d+4 xx MS f+1 as IKizzle says. LOL. Besides, you have to block a lot with Freddy because he has no armor moves, and scrubs do not like blocking.
    BodamEscapePlan likes this.
  19. SaJa

SaJa FH_FenriR

Df4 isn't armored ? :p

Freddy has one of the best starters in the game with his b2 and d3. His zoning is also quite good.

If you spam properly at the right distance, normally cage can't do shit. Her projectiles are kind of distance pokes.

Yeah, they forgot him however I'm not agreed with Rain. Except you in 1 or 2 tournaments, no one played him in high level.. -.-
    I'm still hoping you'll play him one day, at least against weaker player than you.

Rain is midtier no matter what.
  20. Khaotic_xShangx

Khaotic_xShangx Fear the Skulls

well im on it already on it for bout a month and a half now and love her. execution with her is hard but once muscle memory kicks in she does wonders. I got to find a way to stop people from poking my ex dagger cancels now. I have an idea just have to test it first.
  21. AssassiN

AssassiN Premium Supporter Premium Supporter

I'm planning on using only her in a tournament in May, gonna fuck some shit up with her :D.
    People won't know what hit them, she is as an awesome character and people will start using her and bitch about her pretty soon.

Think I'm gonna main her instead of Liu Kang, she has much moor tools than her.
    And people bitch about Liu Kang being too easy to play with...
  22. crosstalk

crosstalk Johnny Cage <3

XBL:
    Null3yte
    Steam:
    crosstalk45
    Wait, I'm confused. I thought we were riding the Sektor bandwagon... Cage's stop was like 2 weeks ago.
    BodamEscapePlan likes this.
  23. RampaginDragon

RampaginDragon Well-Known Member

Didnt Shao Kahn make her? Wha'd you guys expect? When Shao Kahn decides to follow in the footsteps of Frankenstein, blood fetish's will comence.
  24. Cat

Cat This guy looks kind of tuff...

Ha. Can't wait for MLg Anaheim.
  25. Metzos

Metzos Ultimate Destruction Staff Member Premium Supporter

I cant say i ll be surprised. She is a beast and very unexplored.