What's new

General/Other Skarlet: I predict will be the next bandwagon

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'd like to predict skarlet will become "the next hot character to play"

People don't understand her

Few are dedicated to her

Many quit her cause she is too hard

I've seen her greatness recently and I no longer wanna hear anyone bitch about her damage, meter, zoning, AA or wakeups because a certain player I've been playing with has shown me no one knows what their talking about

So after forever skar or mosp places high with her or any other dedicated skarlet get ready for that new bandwagon

Previous wagons:

Smoke
Kenshi
Cage
Sektor

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Aren't we currently riding the cage bandwagon? I predict the skarlet bandwagon will be as successful as the Kabal bandwagon.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Until no one get top 8 with her she won't be bandwagon, unless I missunderstand what it means xD

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I predict at Evo and MLG skarlet will maketop 8

I've never seen her played like this until recently

Oh man yesterday at casuals, a couple of the umvc3 guys picked up rocket raccoon for there team
Why are we so vulnerable to the influence of band wagons?
Is it insecurity? Yeah probably that. Y'all have baby dick lol

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
She looks great on paper. Its just a matter of time until someone cliams it in actual practice.

Someone in MD made me a believer of nightwolf as well the other week, not that I see a bandwagon starting anytime soon.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I see what you're saying Pig, but the means of making her function across the baord are waaaay too unconventional, hence why the Sektor bandw..

..actually wait, who's this Sektor fellow? I'll have you know I only confide my tech and fundamentals into Steve..

LEGEND

YES!
Skarlet takes too much effort to be a band wagon character, just knowing her block string BS isn't good enough to make her viable

i could see more high level players giving her a try (i did recently) but after seeing what it takes to truly be great with her i don't want to put the time in and i don't think most people with a solid main will either

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If my memory servers correct, the band wagon since MKs release goes something like:

Kung Lao
Reptile
Kabal
Mileena
Kitana
Rain
Jax
Shang Tsung
Kenshi
Smoke
Sektor

On route- Cage

Next Wagon Stop- Skarlett
First off, this isn't the first time Cage had bw'd, remember what JOP's quasi-infinite F3,2 nutpunch swag got started?

And where on earth is Sub-Zero on this list? The whole forum still reeks of bandwagon syndrome to this day. xD

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I know exactly what you're talking about Pig. I just played said person, and I agree 100%. Skarlet is no joke. Definitely a top 10 character now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'm surprised she hasn't taken off the ground running yet..she's seriously legit her chip damage, couple with her zoning, overwhelming ruhsdown, great armor that leads into full combo + reset and dagger cancels is an amazing combination of awesomeness, she's reminds me of Sonya, Stryker, and Cage rolled up into one.

Her execution heavy playstyle will probably keep her bandwagon toned down a bit, the Cage bandwagon will be going for a good long while too I'm sure.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
bandwagonned or not shes a pain, had no idea just how annoying she was until i got bodied by Glue's skarlet haha

McNasty

Moist.
Im thinking freddy then skarlet

I like karrieds list I would add cyrax subzero and ermac by Kl and reptile.

I hope theres a nightwolf band wagon id love to expose the holes in his game.

Death

Noob
Skarlet is good and her EX Red Dash is so good but everything is so punishable on block from it. That will be her downside and the fact that her zoning trade is never in her favor and her unsafe teleport. Shes good but when people know how to fight her its tough for Skarlet.

Death

Noob
Freddy will be the next bandwagon. Hes ridiculous. He can end every string with EX ground claw or teleport away which makes it safe. He has good anti-cross up. He has probably the best zoning in the game with kenshi and frame traps with projectiles. A really good armored move and even better in the corner. The only thing hurting him is his high hit box. Freddy rushdown is also really good with is low combo starter and overhead starter and a ridiculous damage output as well. Also unbreakable combos with the ground claws. I predicted for a long time how nasty this character is but no1 really used him at his highest potential.

LEGEND

YES!
Freddy will be the next bandwagon. Hes ridiculous. He can end every string with EX ground claw or teleport away which makes it safe. He has good anti-cross up. He has probably the best zoning in the game with kenshi and frame traps with projectiles. A really good armored move and even better in the corner. The only thing hurting him is his high hit box. Freddy rushdown is also really good with is low combo starter and overhead starter and a ridiculous damage output as well. Also unbreakable combos with the ground claws. I predicted for a long time how nasty this character is but no1 really used him at his highest potential.
so true, i have no idea why more people don't play him