Site Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'TYM News & Feedback' started by Juggs, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Dark_Rob

Dark_Rob Lead Moderator Staff Member Lead Moderator

I dont think there are other forum skins, however Im sure the black on black text boxes can be fixed.
  2. STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member Administrator

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Not yet, but it's on our list. ;)
  3. Knives

Knives Noob

thanks for the quick responses guys...

off topic but how old is this site?
  4. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    This site was launched on Nov. Of '09... so it's still a baby but growing fast. :)
  5. The Ghost of Tim Static

The Ghost of Tim Static A Ghost of TYM past... Staff Member Lead Moderator

no, not yet.
  6. Krayzie

Krayzie Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged! Staff Member Administrator

Hopefully in the near future, we will have custom forum skins for everybody.

As far as the text boxes are concerned, thanks for bringing that up to my attention, I will see if I can get that fixed this week.
  7. I'm really enjoying the organization of the site, and the artwork and layout is good.

I would however, change the text "Mortal Kombat Empires" to something more custom. Seems like I see that font everywhere and it has just become cliche.

I know it's classic though, but just a suggestion. I could create some concepts and see if you like em.

By the way, THANKS for using our page for the "Finisher of the Day" yt box.

Its nice to have a great MK site that knows about us.
  8. Krayzie

Actually, we are currently working on a new logo as we speak. If you want to share some ideas, you are more than welcome to do so. We appreciate it. :top:

No problem. Thanks for the videos, they are the best on YouTube from what ive seen.

If there is any interest in being part of the front page with our YouTube team, let us know.
  9. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Yes, and ideas for artwork, logos, banners, etc... if you have anything you think we'll like please show us. We'd love to see your possibilities. :top:
  10. Booya

Booya Banned

I know it has already been discussed but id like to re- suggest the download center for movies be put in general discuss for everyone registered, i'm not going to put as much effort as i did on mku if its for premium only, please just make the general discuss availible to veiw for registered users only, since you dont host the links to the movies you are not liable, its ran smooth like that before and alot more people would benift from wazz's and my effors for requests and new leaks. thanks.
  11. ssub-zzero

ssub-zzero MortalKombatEU

what happend to the mk merchandise museum?

sorry if i post in wrong thread....
  12. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    It's still there. Front page>>Choose Your Destiny>>Merch. Museum
  13. MKF30

MKF30 We Are Many,You Are But 1 Premium Supporter

I have a few good suggestions :) for TYM

1. Allow the thread maker to EDIT their titles like a mod can, or at the very least for Shadow Priests...I've noticed for some reason the only site that allows this is MKO(like nobody else does this) it can be VERY useful for update threads, battle threads, band battle threads, gaming and sports threads as well) Please consider this...

2. Little games on here(like some other sites do) in a forum way some how where you have mini games like Tetris, bowling, shooting pool, pong simple games like this. Nothing fancy :) where us TYM users can compete, face off against one another and has rankings. Not a lot just maybe like 3 or 4 games.

3. Maybe have some kind of Art Contests monthly(weekly is too much I think) where users here who wish to enter have up to 3-5 contestants submit a new MK art themed element, either drawing, painting or sculpture, figurine etc, whatever...Then perhaps have everyone on the site that's registered, vote for who they like the most then award the winner with some kind of TYM perk(Art winner, rank, discount, TYM Artist of the Month etc) whatever...

That's all I have for now, hope TYM reads and considers when they have time :)

Thanks for your time

MKF30
  14. Krayzie

We'll consider this as a Shadow Priest, perk.

I'll add something, and you guys can let me know if you like it. It will be more along the lines of, "Flash Games."

This can definitely be done. Public votes can now be used as well as TYM-Member Votes. I think it will work out well.
  15. MKF30

Glad you like the suggestions and addressed them :)

First one and third ones especially I think would definitely have it's benefits, second one isn't as important IMO but just a cool extra feature for the site, I know you guys had that card game which excited some users. Something like that but with well known games(flash is fine) I know a lot of sites use this as it's the easiest option
  16. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    This isn't a suggestion but I wanted to give everyone heads up that possibly sometime this week, we will be doing some maintenance, therefore we should have a working tournament calendar again. As well as other possibilities.
  17. MKF30

18. The Ghost of Tim Static

The Ghost of Tim Static A Ghost of TYM past... Staff Member Lead Moderator

Change the way the date reads on the Recent posts. For example, today looks like its February 1st, not January 2nd.
  19. Jaybo

Jaybo Noob

Would love to see the Recent Threads section expanded by quite a few - much easier to track the current topics instead of jumping into every section looking to see if anything is new.
  20. Krayzie

Give me a suggested number of threads, and I'll give it a try.
  21. Jaybo

Jaybo Noob

Let's try 8, and if that interferes or looks too ugly, then we can alter it.
  22. Krayzie

You guys can let me know what you think.

There should be 8 up now.
  23. Jaybo

Jaybo Noob

I see 6, but even that looks better - these are just suggestions with a fresh set of eyes - ignore them as needed. I would get rid of the polls thread - seems polls can be made in the topics they are about but that's again just me. I dunno how many regular users would venture to a purely poll section to check out the various polls.
  24. Krayzie

6? hmmm....

As far as the polls go. Those are in its own section alone because other non-members can contribute to them.
  25. Jaybo

Jaybo Noob

Oh that's cool, I didn't realize.