Site Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'TYM News & Feedback' started by AK Juggs, Nov 17, 2009.

1. MKillBill

MKillBill Lead Moderator Staff Member

PSN:
    MKillBill

I'm on board for it.
  2. Alien Substance

Alien Substance Evanesce Staff Member

3. RedRaptor10

RedRaptor10 Slips' Protégé Premium Supporter

So every1 agrees with the poll idea? Let's do eeeit. :cool:
  4. ShadowBeatz

ShadowBeatz Dropper of Bass and Bombs

This is more of a pointless suggestion BUT....

I'm a big stat guy. Even in the most trivial situations, I love stats. They interest me. I know this site keeps track of the most active poster, but I've thought of a few others that might be interesting.

- Longest Active Member (which it might have)
    - Most days in a row visited/with a post
    - Most likes
    - Highest like/message ratio
    - Most liked post
    - Your own most liked post
    - Your own most active day

That sort of stuff. Again, kinda pointless (okay, absolutely pointless), but I think it'd be cool :rolleyes:
    NickDaGreek1983 and RunwayMafia like this.
  5. MAPUSA

MAPUSA MK Aristocrat

first i want to say thank for this website which i am since 2 years now, its very comfortable here :)
    i would love an function to disable the "recent status updates"
    8/10 only facepalm messages :(
    every time i come to TYM then i can not avoid reading their daily shit (status updates) sure not everybody but some guys are nothing but annoying (they are on my ignore list of course)
    thanks!
  6. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Member

I beleive the video or media section should be reorginized. I would lay it out like you do the forums. Recently uploaded would be showed but when you scroll down there will be game specific sections that include tourney matchs, online casuals, and character categories for videos to be uploaded and sorted into. I feel if it is done this way it would help a lot of players out especially if they are visual learners.
    Zoidberg747 likes this.
  7. RedRaptor10

RedRaptor10 Slips' Protégé Premium Supporter

Have you guys decided on it by any chance?

Also what is wrong with editting posts? It comes out blank so I have to click More Options to edit a post.
  8. STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    our focus is on other things right now but it won't be forgotten.

Also, sometimes you just have to wait a second for the edit to work.
    RedRaptor10 likes this.
  9. smokey

smokey MONEY POWER DEATH

Any chance of the Wiki being updated for DLC characters?

Also is there any way to embed the wiki tables into forum posts, like the SCV frame data threads on 8wayrun?
  10. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

The edit button has been completely non-functional for me for over a week. Overlay window pops up and the editing controls are all visible, but the text box remains white (with no actual text loaded). It used to take 1-2 seconds to populate, but I've tried leaving it for 30+ and it just freezes without the text loading into the white box.
  11. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

CrimsonShadow STORMS @everyone else

This is still happening and it's not just me it's affecting. Happens on FF (past god-knows how many versions, not using the beta) for me.
    Braindead likes this.
  12. Braindead

Braindead Unbreakable

Steam:
    braindead2009
    yes same here.
  13. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Still happening :)

CrimsonShadow STORMS Tim Static @help

In addition, as we have NRS games coming out on Steam now could we get Steam ID added to the list of identities?

Thank you :)
  14. STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Lots coming soon. You'll see
  15. Chaosphere

Chaosphere The MAIN Main Man Premium Supporter

Ok. So... ever since the big changes, this site has been absolutely horrendous to use, ESPECIALLY on mobile.

PC Issues: TYM crashes internet explorer 11. I had to download another browser just to get on TYM.

Mobile Issues: Where do I begin? The site takes forever to load. Whenever you are typing a response, you can only type 1 character every couple seconds otherwise it will somehow screw up everything you're typing or it will double add characters. Data usage has gone up dramatically from before when I used tapatalk. I love tapatalk so much and how it worked with TYM. I think it was a TERRIBLE idea to remove tapatalk functionality. Tapatalk is super fast, processes responses on your phone as opposed to doing it live on the site and you didn't have to load every pointless graphic on the page including avatars. You have to wait for the entire page and every graphic to load which can take a minute or longer before you can touch anything. Everything shifts around a lot while it's loading so when you go to hit reply, it turns out the site shifted without you knowing and you clicked the "report thread" button. Sometimes when I go to check TYM on my phone, I have to think about whether or not I want to sit there and deal with the problems. Usually I'll just wait until I get home. It's soooo frustrating. I used to be on TYM all day on my phone when tapatalk was around.

Overall: Everything is slow. The interface constantly shifts around. Crashes internet explorer. Can't see who made last posts. Have to type responses one letter at a time and wait for it to register before you can move on to the next letter. And data usage is through the roof. Please do something and at least give me a response back and say what you will or won't do. I'm extremely frustrated.
    BNA Dislexsik likes this.
  16. Sasarix

Sasarix "Heaven Will Fall!"

PSN:
    Sasarix
    Though I have not had the PC problems yet I 2nd the mobile issues. the mobile site is horrible now whenever I navigate around it I have to wait like 2 mins for the screen to zoom in really far then zoom back out and load. i had just got tapatalk so i could use my iphone for the site and then the site changed lol
  17. NRF CharlieMurphy

NRF CharlieMurphy Kindergarten Meta

using internet explorer is wrong and no matter what version of it you use, you should feel awful about yourself.
  18. Chaosphere

Why? Because that statement you just made comes from like 2003. Get with the times.
  19. NRF CharlieMurphy

because I work with ti every day and STILL have to write specific code for it to function properly

They need to get with the times

I do have suggestions as I just hopped on the mobile version. There is no need to display the character forum icons... just a quick link to get to the list for each would do.
    I'd also not even load that sidebar option...... as that is what is taking up the most bandwidth.

The only slow thing for me was the navigation buttons.... for some reason they are really slow when you click them.
  20. Chaosphere

Can you be specific? Internet explorer has worked better than any other browser or me over the last 2-3 years as far as compatibility goes. Security is not a concern like it was 10 years ago. It seems faster than other browsers to me. Although all studies done on browsers recently show them all to be the same and it just comes down to user preference. Since I'm Microsoft certified and do IT for businesses... I deal with IE every single day. It's the easiest to configure, IMO.
  21. NRF CharlieMurphy

The newer versions are much better, but they always have small things that make you want to pull your hair out in regards to javascript type languages.

Needless to say.... the fact that it doesn't handle this site means it has something small that crashes it that doesn't fit the mold.

I do agree with you on the bandwidth part of the site though. Most of the stuff doesn't even need to be loaded.
  22. Chaosphere

For sure. Also, as far as java goes... HTML5 is supposed to have all of that integrated. At some point... java installs won't even be required.
  23. Chaosphere

Yeah there's definitely something wrong with the input box for mobile users. As I've typed this, I've had to go back and retype missed letters 8 times. That's in 2 sentences. Make it 10 now. Ok 11.
  24. Gh0sty

Gh0sty ばかみたいに無料

The ONLY thing I miss from the Tapatalk version was the native image hosting. Other than that, the site looks great running on iPhone 5, iOS 7 Safari.
  25. Gh0sty

Gh0sty ばかみたいに無料

I haven't experienced this problem ever. What hardware/firmware are you using?