What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should S.B. military stance be normalized?

Should S.B. military stance be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 91 92.9%

• Total voters
No. Trolling. Just honest opinion.
i just watched sonya take 90% of life with mix up into mix up blender. so painful to watch. I felt physical pain.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
As a person who plays Sonya Blade Covert Ops, I will honestly say no. Please no. The B14 to Military Stance Cartwheel is extremely punishable and it's somewhat predictable. Stance changes really shouldn't be that normalized in my opinion, and it's all Covert Ops Sonya Blade has to mount any type of offensive... Sure, you have lots of mixup potential because you can either Kick low and keep the combo going, or you can grab in corner. Before thinking about normalizing, what would you propose to be done?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i dont play sonya and before you yell "gtfo then " at me hear me out.
I hate fighting sonya as a johnny main but all i can say is that she really needs that. Its not rly broken or something and therefore it doesnt need to be normalized.

In what way? Doesn't it have a gap?
it has but only handful of fastest specials can knock it out. Not even armor helps. MS into low doesn't have gap. MS into overhead beats slow armored specials with its dual hit. Only gap it has is between MS and grab, in here it is possible both poke and do armor.
Wtf

Every option is unsafe. Canceling into it on block is unsafe on most cases.

She's very mixup heavy, but like ermac, she lives and dies by it. One wrong guess and her momentum is over.

Leave it as is
are grab and low punishable? if they are in all match footages and streams i've never seen anyone punishing them.

Wigy

There it is...
Think the whiff frames on her dive kick need looked at again, and i hate playing against her but her miliary stance is fine

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
it has but only handful of fastest specials can knock it out. Not even armor helps. MS into low doesn't have gap. MS into overhead beats slow armored specials with its dual hit. Only gap it has is between MS and grab, in here it is possible both poke and do armor.

are grab and low punishable? if they are in all match footages and streams i've never seen anyone punishing them.
Both are unsafe. You can punish the low on block and if you read the grab, you can duck and punish

Kayriss

Tanya needs buffs
If you're fast enough you can hit her out of the oberhead without using armor. And for the low you just have to punish. After her overhead or low starter in MS I just block low until I see the over head animation. Also If she delays the MS at all you can try to combo punish, NJP punish or jump to the other side and punish (The last two i know work for sure)

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
She's what you would call fair. Characters like her and Ermac should be examples as to what other characters should be like. Balanced Risk/reward.

Great mixups, but MS options are fairly unsafe. The low attack is safer, but doesnt lead to tons of damage.

Wtf

Every option is unsafe. Canceling into it on block is unsafe on most cases.

She's very mixup heavy, but like ermac, she lives and dies by it. One wrong guess and her momentum is over.

Leave it as is
False.. An instant MS Block cancel is 100% safe so if you try to armor out of MS she can block and you die. Armor between B14 is possible but not from range and she can always do B1~MS~Instant block cancel and then you die after she blocked the armor launcher.

Sonya Players should be hit confirming into MS and then doing the instant MS block cancel. This allows them to use the 50/50 for a combo but block out of MS should the 50/50 string get blocked. Instead they CHOOSE to go with the MS 50/50 afterwards. Choosing to be unsafe doesnt really mean she is unsafe.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
No. Trolling. Just honest opinion.
i just watched sonya take 90% of life with mix up into mix up blender. so painful to watch. I felt physical pain.
First: learn her frame data. Then if you got owned so hard by Sonya, follow my advise: JUMP ALL DAY. Her normals cancelled into MS will fail to combo you and her max damage will be like 15%-10% (but don't be too predictable, if her 21 hits you in the air you can eat big damage)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
False.. An instant MS Block cancel is 100% safe so if you try to armor out of MS she can block and you die. Armor between B14 is possible but not from range and she can always do B1~MS~Instant block cancel and then you die after she blocked the armor launcher.

Sonya Players should be hit confirming into MS and then doing the instant MS block cancel. This allows them to use the 50/50 for a combo but block out of MS should the 50/50 string get blocked. Instead they CHOOSE to go with the MS 50/50 afterwards. Choosing to be unsafe doesnt really mean she is unsafe.
I really doubt the option of hit confirming MS. I saw people in tournament drop combos because situation like this happened: the overhead B1 is block, the low of B14 is not blocked but after MS Sonya hit 4 too late and the MS cartwheel didn't connect into combo
And a commentator of GGA team said this: you duck block first because the cartwheel is reactable. Does this make her unsafe?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Should topics about characters be in the characters forum?

No trolling please, honest opinion

First: learn her frame data. Then if you got owned so hard by Sonya, follow my advise: JUMP ALL DAY. Her normals cancelled into MS will fail to combo you and her max damage will be like 15%-10% (but don't be too predictable, if her 21 hits you in the air you can eat big damage)
i said watched not played.
Should topics about characters be in the characters forum?

No trolling please, honest opinion
if i did that all sonyas there would vote no. obviously. and poll would not be conclusive.

Death

Noob
The second you see her cancel into stance backdash or punish if she does the unsafe stuff. The overhead and grab can be fuzzied. Or armor is an option as well. Good players that I play against sometimes even make me second guess If I should cancel into stance. I even have to stagger strings or grab more so now. That says a lot this early in the games life

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Unless they changed it from the last time I played Sonya, there is no "instant" block cancel from MS. It takes FOREVER to get to a point where you can press 2 to cancel. Yes it is safe from b14 and b332 but not from b1 by itself, you get punished trying to use that to cancel MS.

False, it is not safe.The only thing that is guaranteed if the low.
Unless they changed it from the last time I played Sonya, there is no "instant" block cancel from MS. It takes FOREVER to get to a point where you can press 2 to cancel. Yes it is safe from b14 and b332 but not from b1 by itself, you get punished trying to use that to cancel MS.
Hard knockdown then 50/50 with B1 from the right range allows B14~MS~instant block cancel to be safe and uninterruptable.