What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexxyC

what's done is done
I feel like Shinnok players are going to be a niche community. Not too much hype for him; everyone's on the Erron Black train.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I feel like Shinnok players are going to be a niche community. Not too much hype for him; everyone's on the Erron Black train.
Honestly i didn't like Erron and i was hype for him and Shinnok (a side from my boy Kenshi).

But to be fair Shinnok isn't looking that great either. Dunno honestly why, maybe i was way too hyped for him or maybe it's just me.
Anyway im surely gonna play him as my second.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
But to be fair Shinnok isn't looking that great either. Dunno honestly why, maybe i was way too hyped for him or maybe it's just me.
Pretty much this. I don't know what I was expecting but I'm not really FUCK YEAH about anything other than his Necromancer variation.

NKZero

Noob
Necromancer Shinnok.

YES.

Just for the summoned fiend! My absolute favorite special in a fighting game.
Not gonna lie though, the sound effects of that move in MK Armageddon are unbeatable! And it was unblockable iirc...

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Pretty much this. I don't know what I was expecting but I'm not really FUCK YEAH about anything other than his Necromancer variation.
Same , even in his necromancer veriation his skeleton specials looken kinda slow ....

I was expecting him to have some bone spikes coming out from the groud like freddys spikes ....

RexxyC

what's done is done
Honestly i didn't like Erron and i was hype for him and Shinnok (a side from my boy Kenshi).

I wouldnt say Erron or Shinnok looked super great because we didn't have people properly showing them off with combos/what they are capable of; but overall I think Shinnok looks better.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wait so practically everyone in here is going for Necromancer? Is anyone thinking about trying Bone Shaper? Lol

Immortal

Blind justice....
Wait so practically everyone in here is going for Necromancer? Is anyone thinking about trying Bone Shaper? Lol
Me, althou to be honest keeping in mind how sick some characters pressure options and normals are Shinnok "Bone Shaper" doesn't look that great.

Did anyone else notice that during the variation showcase for Shinnok that there was a special move that was glossed over? It seems like there's a move called "Air Tricky Portal" for his Imposter Variation. Any ideas what this may add? My guess is a Quan Chi like tele-stomp or a MMH-like Sektor-esqe Tele

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Same , even in his necromancer veriation his skeleton specials looken kinda slow ....

I was expecting him to have some bone spikes coming out from the groud like freddys spikes ....
They did look slow but I personally doubt it's a style where they need to be fast.

As to other people's point's, I think Bone Shaper might end up being pretty cool. That ground shake.

Oh and considering those spike things Erron Black are universal to all his styles, I think he'll end up being a really dominant spacing character. But let's stay on Shinnok.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
With his impostor variation what other moves does he get besides the ability steal. I am pretty hype for him and I didn't think i would be, he looks super fun.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
looks like a solid and balanced character already ..... I liked his Impostor variation the most

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
My favourite thing about him his movement. The way he wiggles his fingers and moves his arms like they're snakes ready to strike looks amazing. They really got the "Evil Sorcerer" aesthetic down pat here.

Dark

Noob
Shinnok looks pretty good. Although, his breakdown wasn't quite as good and detailed as the other two, and they kind of glossed over him like he was nothing. The only thing i don't like very much is his weird bone arms in the necromancer variation. Not really a big deal though.

SGX

Noob
Was slightly disappointed that he's not a straight up shapeshifter ala MK4 or old Shang Tsung. I had a feeling he wouldn't be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.