What's new

Breakthrough - Boneshaper Boneshaper Shinnok is The Best Character in MKX

yea i know i am about to get blow up for saying this now. but i am sure that many will start to see this to be truth once the wave of shinnok players comes and with it all the salt lol.

i don't want to make this post too long so i will keep it short. bone shapper simple destroy many characters in this game. he has every tool that acharacter can wish for to control space any where you are in the screen

1) he can punish projectiles from almost full screen with a full combo into a standing reset on reaction

2) hell spart is the best spacial move in the game to check a offensive move an approaching opponents is planning to make. you can't jump it and it covers more than half of the screen safe against many character and builds a lot of meter. and it comes out at only 13 frames

3) when you finally manage to get close he has a 6 frame d1 and a 7 frame low save low string and a low profile d4 that can be cancel to hell spark to sent you back away from him.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Isn't regular hellsparks unsafe?

At max range, couldn't a Sub slide or Reptile dash, or a fast teleport punish?

Or...couldn't you run in while he's- and start offense?

Just because you don't get a full combo doesn't mean you can't use the - frames to turn the momentum around.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Just because you don't get a full combo doesn't mean you can't use the - frames to turn the momentum around.
He's -22 at max range (3rd spark connects). Very punishable by a lot of things.
And if you don't adjust it to connect at max range and the 3rd sparks whiffs it's even worse.

Rude

He's -22 at max range (3rd spark connects). Very punishable by a lot of things.
And if you don't adjust it to connect at max range and the 3rd sparks whiffs it's even worse.
So what is the OP talking about?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
yea i know i am about to get blow up for saying this now. but i am sure that many will start to see this to be truth once the wave of shinnok players comes and with it all the salt lol.

i don't want to make this post too long so i will keep it short. bone shapper simple destroy many characters in this game. he has every tool that acharacter can wish for to control space any where you are in the screen

1) he can punish projectiles from almost full screen with a full combo into a standing reset on reaction

2) hell spart is the best spacial move in the game to check a offensive move an approaching opponents is planning to make. you can't jump it and it covers more than half of the screen safe against many character and builds a lot of meter. and it comes out at only 13 frames

3) when you finally manage to get close he has a 6 frame d1 and a 7 frame low save low string and a low profile d4 that can be cancel to hell spark to sent you back away from him.
Also tell @D. R. about that #2. He loves that middle sentence.

He is pretty strong but I think he doesn't control the whole screen. His air control is actually a but weak. You CAN actually jump Hell Sparks at certain moments. It happens to me quite often actually in casual sets. And at full screen he doesn't control air at all. And people aren't used to punishing non meterburnt Hell Sparks. Most of the cast can punish them on block even when the 3rd spark hits. And even if Shinnok has the meter to MB it, if the 3rd spark hits you can do certain armored reversalS (like Raiden's electric fly, or reptiles ex dash, sub's slide etc.) which hit regardless of him using the MB. But Bone Shaper variation surely does cover all the weak spots of Impostor and Necromancer.

yes but you have to predict if he is going to meter burn hell spark or not and if you guess he will not do it and he does the meter burn hell spark will track your movement and hit you while you are moving... if you guess that he will meter burn it and he doesn't you wasted to many frames waiting for the meter burn hell spark and now you can't force him to block. .. if you guess right that he will not mb it some characters can punish it with a special move for very low damage. and some characters have a tiny window to run and try to punish it but that is ony if you have a character like cassie who has a fast normal with great range. you tell me how many characters have a normal like cassie does?

Rude

yes but you have to predict if he is going to meter burn hell spark or not and if you guess he will not do it and he does the meter burn hell spark will track your movement and hit you while you are moving... if you guess that he will meter burn it and he doesn't you wasted to many frames waiting for the meter burn hell spark and now you can't force him to block. .. if you guess right that he will not mb it some characters can punish it with a special move for very low damage. and some characters have a tiny window to run and try to punish it but that is ony if you have a character like cassie who has a fast normal with great range. you tell me how many characters have a normal like cassie does?
If you're standing at max range, you could simply take a step back and run in while he's in recovery. Or armor through the last spark.

Or block and check him with a Reversal projectile like a Quan Chi rune.

You have options.

He is pretty strong but I think he doesn't control the whole screen. His air control is actually a but weak. You CAN actually jump Hell Sparks at certain moments. It happens to me quite often actually in casual sets. And at full screen he doesn't control air at all. And people aren't used to punishing non meterburnt Hell Sparks. Most of the cast can punish them on block even when the 3rd spark hits. And even if Shinnok has the meter to MB it, if the 3rd spark hits you can do certain armored reversalS (like Raiden's electric fly, or reptiles ex dash, sub's slide etc.) which hit regardless of him using the MB. But Bone Shaper variation surely does cover all the weak spots of Impostor and Necromancer.
i know you can jump hell spark some time. i already know about that secrect tech ... do you know the name for it? i do it is call the "jump of the false hope"

If you're standing at max range, you could simply take a step back and run in while he's in recovery. Or armor through the last spark.

Or block and check him with a Reversal projectile like a Quan Chi rune.

You have options.
why would any shinnok player do at hell spark when you are at the full range of the hell spark? the move cover more than half of the screen and even if you make it whiff he recovers faster on whiff than on block

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Hell sparks is useless against a lot of the cast. Shinnok is super meter dependent and should not just throw out hell sparks and just ex the last one to make it safe.

It is a nice check once and a while but really punishable against a lot of the female characters.