What's new

Sheeva videos

Espio

Kokomo
This ends at 12:10 right? Wow you did her 41% w/ low grab at 11:40 so flashy!
Cy Sub can be annoying with his dive kicks, gotta time an aa grab there.
Yeah, I didn't use Sheeva after the first three games, but I will hopefully be getting more Sheeva content recorded in short order :), I wanna do what I can to spur discussion here, she's a ton of fun to play and very unique.

Thanks, I was so delighted I landed that haha. I love her combos, landing them is truly amazing <3. I'm so used to fighting CSZ, I enjoy fighting the mid and low tier a lot, matches are so fun and fair lol. He can be annoying at times though, but I love that telestomp beats parry.

I need to work on that, I've been trying to improve my anti-air grab reactions, it's tricky timing it, but I'm slowly improving, thanks and I agree :).

There's a lot of her crap he can't parry.

As for dealing with her telestomp, I've stopped jumping as you can dive right under her stomp. Better to stay grounded..she has a 1/3 chance of landing a 12% move on you. You have a 2/3 chance of guessing where she'll land and hitting 11iceball.

Still, she negates a lot of his stuff like bombs. I'm not sure he can slide under her fireball either.
He can slide it I believe, human Sub-Zero can, but it's definitely spacing specific.

It's an interesting match up to say the least.

These videos are certainly helpful, even the one with myself playing I can see what dumb stuff I do and improve on it.
I agree wholeheartedly, I'd like to see some more of your Sheeva, you play her in a very unique way, which I think is awesome, but it's definitely very nice to reflect back on your matches with fresh eyes to grow.

Keep in mind guys, any Sheeva related content, please post here guys :). Combo videos, ladder playthroughs, matches offline and online etc :D.

Flagg

Noob
Yeah, I didn't use Sheeva after the first three games, but I will hopefully be getting more Sheeva content recorded in short order :), I wanna do what I can to spur discussion here, she's a ton of fun to play and very unique.

Thanks, I was so delighted I landed that haha. I love her combos, landing them is truly amazing <3. I'm so used to fighting CSZ, I enjoy fighting the mid and low tier a lot, matches are so fun and fair lol. He can be annoying at times though, but I love that telestomp beats parry.

I need to work on that, I've been trying to improve my anti-air grab reactions, it's tricky timing it, but I'm slowly improving, thanks and I agree :).

He can slide it I believe, human Sub-Zero can, but it's definitely spacing specific.

It's an interesting match up to say the least.
Sheeva is a funny character in this game. She was another low tier character I started using early in the game, before moving onto others. She has unoffically been touted as "the worst" in the game, and I scratch my head why. Yeah, she has a massive hit box but I mean...she has legit frame traps. She has a projectile that cant be ducked and an ex one that hits overhead, not to mention it has super armour. Her grab and punch, ex version, has super armour, and does the most damage in the game of a single move. Her ex stomp, has super armour, and is unblockable, and can be guided. She has an AA grab like Jax, but does more damage. She has some ridiculously damaging combos.

I dont know how a character like that, with all of that, is considered that bad. I mean, I might be biased about Kano, but I dont think he is that bad like a lot of people also say, and he has no where near that much stuff. He does have an advantage in speed I guess. For awhile I suspected that Stryker is probably the worst character in the game. I mean look at Kano and CSZ...they really struggle against Kabal. Sheeva doesn't have that hard a time, though its still a losing match up. .

I really am puzzled why she is considered as bad as she is by the community.

Espio

Kokomo
I don't think Sheeva is being downplayed at all. Stryker, Jade, Nightwolf, Baraka etc I feel are definitely better than her, but it doesn't mean she can't do her thing still in capable hands.

More videos from matches with Khaotic Shang, starts at 15:51-22:06. This is against his Shang Tsung :).

http://www.twitch.tv/khaotic_xshangx/b/350647437

I'm not really sure how to fight Shang with Sheeva, my primary focus has been learning it with Stryker and Jade a tiny bit, but I do like this match up with Sheeva, ex fireball seems helpful :).

Flagg

Noob
After I wrote that post last night, I looked at her frame data. Her standing normals are awful, the fastest one is her standing 2 at 12 frames....

I would say she looks like a bit a whiff punisher character, in my eyes.

peachyO

Noob
I don't think Sheeva is being downplayed at all. Stryker, Jade, Nightwolf, Baraka etc I feel are definitely better than her, but it doesn't mean she can't do her thing still in capable hands.

More videos from matches with Khaotic Shang, starts at 15:51-22:06. This is against his Shang Tsung :).

http://www.twitch.tv/khaotic_xshangx/b/350647437

I'm not really sure how to fight Shang with Sheeva, my primary focus has been learning it with Stryker and Jade a tiny bit, but I do like this match up with Sheeva, ex fireball seems helpful :).
shang is a matchup i am comfy with...i've played WoundCowboy on and offline!! imo the best shang of them all!! i tend to have the most trouble against sektor and raiden, however. such awful matchups, but really satisfying when u can pull it off!!

Espio

Kokomo
He punished Kabal's dash with jp b2 1+2 instead of 12b1 or 212 how reliable is that?
He could have blocked low but then he could mix up a low grab hmmm
I don't see the point in doing that, it's similar damage to her other bnb's, but harder to do and easier to mess up with Sheeva when you can just do her regular bnb combos that will be easier and consistent and do similar or more damage.

Punishing Kabal is hard and getting opportunities to net damage on him as well. I feel a sure thing is your best option for punishing him, there's too much left to chance and why risk it when you can get the same damage easily with her other options.

Espio

Kokomo
Rip Crowley's Sheeva is so good to watch he reps her pretty good on XBL.

Really great Sheeva play and he has Sheeva's pressure on point. Absolutely love watching his Sheeva, wish there was some more footage, but that's still awesome :).

I like his corner combo with 1, 2, back 1 as well.

I got the chance to play his Sheeva a week or so ago with my Sheeva and Sindel, I was truly blown away. I might ask him if we can get mirror matches again and record since he recently got back into playing on PSN :).

Thanks for the kind words. im always up for sheeva mirrors with you espio, and for everyone else wanting to fight some sheeva just add me.
XBL: ripcrowley
PSN: STB_ripcrowley

XBL is my home but im getting better at Ps3.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Thanks for the kind words. im always up for sheeva mirrors with you espio, and for everyone else wanting to fight some sheeva just add me.
XBL: ripcrowley
PSN: STB_ripcrowley

XBL is my home but im getting better at Ps3.
I definitely want to try out my Noob against ya. Hope to play ya soon.

I definitely want to try out my Noob against ya. Hope to play ya soon.
ooh ol saibot is not a easy MU. What system are you on wemfs? i currently got a cold/flu so I might not be on ps3 for a few days as I would have to hook it up lol

Espio

Kokomo
VERY good performance by Emperor Dark's Sheeva in this video!! :eek:

I should be using b2 1+2 after a NJP instead of 4 g'n'p.
EX low grab to NJP b2 1+2 air grab missed damn he should have gone for fireball instead.
Espio what do you think of that Jade in there? I'd say he's good.
CongoFury peachyO

I just watched a couple, but the Jade looks like they have really solid spacing and fundamentals, that's a Jade I'd love to run games with lol :).

Thanks for sharing.

Espio

Kokomo
Critique my Sheeva
http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/373498639

1:45:30 and 2:10:30
Your fundamentals look pretty precise and on point overall. Your style's pretty straightforward and I feel that's what works best for Sheeva :).

I think you should buff up your combos, you're missing out on 6% damage on hit or on block additional chip and meter you could otherwise be getting by completing 2,1, 2, forward 2 grab n punch. Every bit of damage helps.

Great stuff with those sweeps to condition the Jax player to block low and then winning the set with low grab.

You did pretty great in the Kabal match up too, definitely impressed with your matches.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Thanks guys.

As far as the 212 string, what happened with that was earlier that day (I can't remember if it was at the begging of my first tournament match or a casual I played before we started) I went for 212f1~grab and the opponent crouched and the f1 whiffed. I knew that doesn't happen on all characters but wasn't sure which ones so I just started doing 212~grab. I meant to hit confirm and do f1 on hit and to low grab if they crouch block 212 but between tournament nerves and a lack of preparedness on my part it just wasn't happening. I think you can see when I was playing Morty that I was basically guessing whether to use grab'n punch or low grab after 212 and I never guessed the low grab right.

With pleasure :coffee: You're good looking btw ;)
:oops:
Wow, I came here to get my Sheeva blown up and get personal compliments instead. I might post in the Sheeva forums more often.

I forgot about d4~fireball. I kept trying to do d4~grab but fireball would have been better, definitely gonna use that one more next time

I'm pretty sure I was telestomping too much though. The first guys I just kept doing it because he clearly didn't know what to do about it, but Morty blew it up every time he had meter, so I should have stopped.

Does grab and punch always whiff in the corner after the b2 starter? I remember that midscreen the grab and punch is stance specific and character specific or something stupid like that, but I thought it worked in the corner. Obviously it whiffed for me, but I presumed I just messed up the timing or something. Generally I do use air grab, I just thought I'd be landing an extra few percent since it was a corner.

Thanks guys. I dunno if I'll use Sheeva in tournament again. I mostly did it to see if it'd help at all with tourney nerves(it didn't), but if I do decide to pull her out again I'll make sure to have brushed up on some stuff and I'll post it here again.

P.S. MortySeinfeld man you're SO hot I like the tee shirt you're
wearing and I'd love to meet you in person. Your gf is lucky to have you.
It's rare to find an MK player with both skills and looks like yours.
(I watched some of your Sonya in there too)
Thank you for the compliments! I really appreciate it. It would be nice to meet you as well :)

4x4lo8o, I think you really just need to work on your nerves. We should play more casuals so you're more relaxed in the actual tournament.

I think some of the dropped combo's also hurt a bit. Sheeva can rack up a ton of damage very quickly.

Are you working on any other characters? Have you dropped Raiden?

4x4lo8o

Noob
4x4lo8o, I think you really just need to work on your nerves. We should play more casuals so you're more relaxed in the actual tournament.

I think some of the dropped combo's also hurt a bit. Sheeva can rack up a ton of damage very quickly.

Are you working on any other characters? Have you dropped Raiden?

I really don't know what I'm doing right now. At Haz's first tournament when I tried to counter pick your Sonya with Kenshi was the first time I ever used any character other than Raiden in tournament. I was pretty unhappy with how I performed in that tournament and was brainstorming about how to improve my nerves and was going practice a ton everyday to get my execution down and was really going to work on things. Then I left my copy of MK at Haz's and my hitbox broke so I basically didn't play at all between tournaments. That was why I used Sheeva. I figured my Raiden couldn't possibly have improved since last time and if I was using Sheeva that things would be better since if I won great and if I lost - who cares, I was playing Sheeva. It didn't help though. My hands were shaking so much while I was playing you that couldn't even input my strings.

I haven't been specifically working on other characters. I've been thinking about using Sindel, but she's got the same problems as Sheeva and I'm not really interested in switching to a low tier character. I've been playing Lao and Kenshi a lot in casuals, but I don't particularly feel like putting a ton effort into either of those characters. I guess I like Kung Lao, but his combos aren't easy to pick up. I already drop so many combos with Raiden, no way I can do Kung Lao's. I like Raiden and I feel like I really know him inside and out and it'd take forever to replicate that with another character. I just get into a slump sometimes when I'm playing him, like I just teleport crossover again and again and throw out lots of bad supermans, and I know that I'm playing poorly and how I should be playing better but I just can't do it for some reason. I'm also beginning to feel like doing well with him requires a bunch of fundamentals that I don't have and may not have anytime soon. The other thing is the Sonya match up. It just isn't fun to play at all and I end up playing it so fucking often. We have 3 Sonya mains in Arizona now, it's miserable.
So I guess I haven't dropped Raiden yet, but I'm sorta looking into another character.

I don't agree about Sheeva's damage. Tanner said the same thing on commentary, but I don't think he knew what he was talking about. She gets really good damage off of a low grab(and granted I did drop one of those) but off of any other starter her damage is not impressive at all. Not many characters have lower damaging bnb's than her. Dropping combos is horrible though, and I've had more than one tournament series where I've dropped every single combo I started. It's definitely the first thing I'd fix if I knew how

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Wow thanks Espio & CongoFury for this footage.
I just love watching/judging fellow Shee/ndel players.
Will update this post with my comments soon ;)

UPDATE: Ok, I just finished watching guys.
Espio knows the Shee/ndel MU pretty well (since he mains them as well)
and that was a disadvantage for you CongoFury :(
Also, 2 bad things about the Shee/ndel tag team are the TS tag in doing the standard
11% and the scream tag assist with day 1 speed. I hate those 2 things not worth wasting
the meter! peachyO
Anyway, I loved your 212 tag assist combo Congo. But most of all your d4 low grab
b2 1+2 EX fball since it's my favorite! Espio won the series it seems but I did enjoy
the sets. I'd enjoy even more if Espio was using Shee/ndel as well ;)
While Thank You. I agree Espio plays better than me....lol his spacing is better than mines and match-up knowledge is better than mines as well....that really wasnt my best showing/playing. i was quite distracted and did alot of random inputs and some random inputs came out...lol so i just went with it. i just couldnt get my footing....and im also not use to playing tag. bt in all i always have a blast when playing espio.