What's new

Sheeva Matchup Chart

Updated the Chart as of 5/25/2012. Changed Kenshi to being even after playing Pig last night. He was totally prepared and if he would have blindly (pun) zoned me I would have had the advantage, but he patiently zoned me waiting to njp my telestomps in. All in all Kenshi is very fun to play against and I now believe the MU to be a very solid 5/5.

I also updated Sheeva vs. Kabal to 3-7. Sheeva's slowness is the culprit here. Telestomps are a guessing game here where a correct guess for Sheeva = 11% and a guessing game against Kabal's powerful wakeup game. A wrong guess = nomad dash spin into something like a 20% combo into Kabal's insane rushdown pressure. She just can't keep up with Kabal's speed.

Espio

Kokomo
Updated the Chart as of 5/25/2012. Changed Kenshi to being even after playing Pig last night. He was totally prepared and if he would have blindly (pun) zoned me I would have had the advantage, but he patiently zoned me waiting to njp my telestomps in. All in all Kenshi is very fun to play against and I now believe the MU to be a very solid 5/5.

I also updated Sheeva vs. Kabal to 3-7. Sheeva's slowness is the culprit here. Telestomps are a guessing game here where a correct guess for Sheeva = 11% and a guessing game against Kabal's powerful wakeup game. A wrong guess = nomad dash spin into something like a 20% combo into Kabal's insane rushdown pressure. She just can't keep up with Kabal's speed.
I just reviewed the chart and the update on the Kitana match up at 8-2, not arguing with the numbers it's just very daunting, I didn't realize it was 8-2 bad:(.

I agree 100% on Kenshi, very fun and competitive match up for both characters, it's nice to see Sheeva go even with at least one of the top tier characters:).

I wasn't surprised with the revision to Kabal v.s. Sheeva, everything about that match sucks,Kabal has every tool to beat sheeva both up close and far away, his zoning and pressure is ridiculous.

Kabal's NDC cancel strings all work on Sheeva better than most because of her giant hit box that she was never compensated for which is a shame, Freddy and Kenshi were compensated for their big hit boxes, while Sheeva can't fall back on her damage output,speedy normals, or amazing zoning like many others can. I think Sheeva is a very incomplete and unfinished character overall. She feels like she's missing so much obvious stuff and it irritates me to no end.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Just from playing a few decent Rain players I find that's a pretty bad match up, worse than 6-4 IMO. His pokes, his 4,3 kicks, into his amored roundhouse seems to beat armored grab for timing wise and gets a combo out of it or he can cancel it to screw with you. His wake up geyser makes it hard to do any follow up. Can't telestomp it and you don't really want to close the distance anyways, hes worse up close, can't grab at him, can't poke at him. Maybe its just the lag but even blocking and trying to air grab it doesn't seem to work. Also Sheeva's high damage combos are mostly all situational, Rain also has bigger damage combos that are more easily started. He can get a mid 40's combo off a 4,3 or a poke somtimes. Sheeva if she's lucky can get one off a low grab but you have to read it right and it can't be too far and it can't be in between pokes. It such a crappy gimmick.

Raiden is worse than 6-4 too I find, all you can do is poke at him to stop his 334's and b3, 1 2's , still doesn't even stop the f2, 4 really. At least if he teleports behind you I find a standing 4 into ground stomp can work but still you're not even getting 20% damage off that and if his connects he can get mid 30's or more. Most moves you'd try and follow up with after a successful poke he can teleport out of the way. It's a very frustrating match.

Cyrax on the other hand I don't find to be that bad. Cyrax who just try to set up nets and bombs full screen away, just block the nets, ground stomp when they toss a bomb and you can still move before the bomb can go off under you most times. If they teleport you can even d1 into an air grab while they are mid teleport. If they want to play rush down, you can armor through some things, or do some 212 combo set ups. If they are playing the full screen game a straight telestomp seems to beat out net if you both do them relatively at the same time from a decent read. I haven't fought any amazing Cyrax's in a while but I'd like to try it out a bit more.

But everyone has different play styles. So I may suck in some matches where others may do well and vise versa.

I do agree Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Kabal, Cage and Reptile are all awful awful matches for her.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
@GGA Jeremiah hey I agree that Kenshi is at least a 5-5 vs. Sheeva (I main Sheeva too). Most Kenshi players have no clue on how to fight Sheeva and I get them flustered all the time with the random Telestopms.

BTW GGA Jeremiah, I'm in Houston and I talk to Cat a bit after the beating you handed him in Final Round with your Sheeva. I think he's still salty from that lol, at least he looked like it in the video. Nice Sheeva rep bro

Lol ty. Yeah if the Kenshi doesn't know what's up it is 6-4 Sheeva. If they know how to totally abuse Sheeva to no end (and only 1 person in the community knows completely how) it is a 3-7.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Now that Reptile players aren't being blatantly generic and Mileenas Kabals and Kung Laos are getting predictable online at least I'm finding Reptile to be her worst match for me personally. Sheeva is slow as hell and her pokes are used to get in for combos the way I play her at least, reptile doesn't let her do that zipping around the screen all day. Telestomp is hard to aim when that little green bastard is dashing everywhere and if you trade fast acid ball and fireball he can sometimes recover dash in and get a free combo. Also mixing slides dashes and acid hand really screws with sheeva trying to armor in.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
:16Bit Let's be serious here:

Kabal 1-9
Kung Lao 1-9
Mileena 1-9
Sektor 1-9
H. Sektor 1-9
Cyrax 2-8
H. Cyrax 2-8
Jax 2-8
J. Cage 2-8
C. Sub Zero 2-8
Kitana 2-8
Reptile 2-8
Shang Tsung 2-8
Skarlet 2-8
Smoke 2-8
Sonya 2-8
Freddy 3-7
Kenshi 3-7
Liu Kang 3-7
Noob Saibot 3-7
Raiden 3-7
Rain 3-7
Baraka 4-6
Kano 4-6
Scorpion 4-6
Sindel 4-6
Sub Zero 4-6
Ermac 5-5
Quan Chi 5-5
Stryker 5-5
Jade 6-4
Nightwolf 6-4

peachyO

Noob
Here is my rough draft on Sheeva's MUs as of 6/07/2012. I have been a Sheeva main since day 1 and have repped her fully at Season's Beatings, Frosty Faustings, Final Round and MLG in Ohio. All the 3-7s I post I am very confident in those being accurate. There is an * for Smoke, Cyrax and Jax because I think those MUs are 4-6 if the resets are ever taken out. After working on her MU chart I have decided that as of now starting at this upcoming Powerup tourney, I will still be a Sheeva main, but will be counter picking my opponents on her 3-7 MUs. If it is a Cyrax, Smoke or Jax I will make a decision on the select screen to either stay with Sheeva or counter pick. Also any 5-5s you see here those are not firm yet. Any 5-5s that I posted is me just not having too much experience with top players being those characters. Those could be 4-6s or maybe even *gasp* a 6-4 Sheeva. Let me know what you guys think.

Sheeva Opponent
Baraka 4 6
Cyber Sub 4 6
*Cyrax 3 7
Ermac 5 5
Freddy 4 6
Jade 6 4
*Jax 3 7
J. Cage 3 7
Kabal 3 7
Kano 4 6
Kenshi 5 5
Kitana 2 8
Kung Lao 2 8
Liu Kang 4 6
Mileena 3 7
Nightwolf 5 5
Noob 4 6
Quan Chi 5 5
Raiden 4 6
Rain 4 6
Reptile 3 7
Scorpian 5 5
Sektor 3 7
Shang T. 4 6
Sheeva
Sindel 4 6
Skarlet 4 6
*Smoke 3 7
Sonya 3 7
Stryker 5 5
Sub Zero 4 6
Total = 115

Matchup Breakdown
2 extremely hard to win 2-8 Mu's
9 very hard to win 3-7 Mu's
13 slightly hard 4-6 Mu's
5 even Mu's
1 advantage Mu's
this looks about right. i personally feel she goes even with baraka, csz, noob, and kano. and i feel the rain matchup is actually 3-7. lastly i know the lao and kitana matchups are bad, but i think 3-7 is more like it.
imo cage, reptile, sektor, and mileena are her worst mu's.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
OMG how are you should I say welcome back? I've missed you plz tell me how things have been.
On topic, the only thing that makes Baraka 4-6 him IMO is his stupid blade spin that shuts off all 3 versions of Shee's TS.
And I hate that!
EX TS once and make them hesitate the next time you do it.

peachyO

Noob
i still feel it is even. her EN grab or fireball effectively kills baraka's wakeup game. her bf3 can interrupt blade slices, and even EN blade spin is vulnerable to low pokes or d4. telestomping in front or behind him can force him to try chop chop or spinning blades, at which time he may be ground pounded, fb'd, or bf3'd, your choice!! hail sheeva!!