What's new

Sheeva Matchup Chart

Kitana worse than mileena? I mean, I main both kitana and mileena, and they both destroy sheeva, but I always felt that mileena blew her up worse than kitana, as in Mil v Sheeva 8-2 and kit v Sheeva 7-3. Thoughts?
well now that 16bit is GGA I will be practicing against him weekly starting this Sunday. I will let you know very soon if Mileena is just as bad.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well I'm guessing Kitana is harder for Sheeva because she is safer, does significantly more damage and has more dangerous footsies against Sheeva but we'll see.

I like how it's not even in question if Sheeva can beat or go even with the sisters, it's a debate over which blows up Sheeva worse.

I am all but ready to abandon Sheeva, but strangely enough I will be keeping her around for two top tier characters. Kabal and Kenshi.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I personally feel that Kitana will be harder than Mileena. I at least can punish her roll with 43% damage. Kitana the whole match is just a guessing game.
I played a Sheeva player on XBL, he said Mileena is so much more harder than Kitana when I used them both on him. Some things I noticed he did, Sheeva can Ex Low Grab Kitana's D1 at close range, Sheeva can Air Grab Kitana's Ass Away when she travels, Sheeva can Teleport Stomp (side switching or not) when Kitana spam Fans full screen, Sheeva can basically armor Ex Command Grab and Ex Fireball in this match up close in her offense game, F4 does wonders. Kitana can Fan Lift Sheeva's Teleport Stomp so she must play mind games to not get caught. I would worry about Kitana's Instant Air Fans on Sheeva's big hitbox but even Sheeva has armor on her Ex Teleport Stomp on her way up with the choice to land anywhere on screen and Ex Command Grab to catch her in the air, Ex Fireball knock her out of the air.

Mileena on the other hand, Sheeva can't Teleport Stomp because of Mileena's Teleport Kick on reaction, Sheeva can't zone which means she can't use her Fireball/Ground Stop when Mileena can Teleport Kick stagger on reaction. Instant Air Sais are problem for Sheeva's big hitbox. Approaching Mileena with Sheeva offense is very difficult because of her D4, even if Sheeva were to try a jump in kick on that small hitbox or cross over jump kick, Mileena can Roll her way out into a combo. The way the Sheeva player approached the match is using Sheeva's D4~Fireball and D3~Low Grab (mainly Mileena players try to D4 which puts her in a duck state for Low Grab set ups) pressure attempts, do not over poke because Mileena can Roll, this was used to bait her Roll attempts. Sheeva has to turtle the entire match and bait Mileena. One thing I did see him do was D1~Air Grab with Sheeva on Mileena's Air Sai upon landing up close. Mileena does 30% damage combos on average so at least Sheeva can keep up with the damage department, Low Grab set ups is her biggest comeback factor. Mileena is really that bad right next to Sektor and Noob Saibot. Sheeva is loaded with armor so that definitely helps, day 1 Sheeva was terrible lol - lovely buffs she got.

I played a Sheeva player on XBL, he said Mileena is so much more harder than Kitana when I used them both on him. Some things I noticed he did, Sheeva can Ex Low Grab Kitana's D1 at close range, Sheeva can Air Grab Kitana's Ass Away when she travels, Sheeva can Teleport Stomp (side switching or not) when Kitana spam Fans full screen, Sheeva can basically armor Ex Command Grab and Ex Fireball in this match up close in her offense game, F4 does wonders. Kitana can Fan Lift Sheeva's Teleport Stomp so she must play mind games to not get caught. I would worry about Kitana's Instant Air Fans on Sheeva's big hitbox but even Sheeva has armor on her Ex Teleport Stomp on her way up with the choice to land anywhere on screen and Ex Command Grab to catch her in the air, Ex Fireball knock her out of the air.

Mileena on the other hand, Sheeva can't Teleport Stomp because of Mileena's Teleport Kick on reaction, Sheeva can't zone which means she can't use her Fireball/Ground Stop when Mileena can Teleport Kick stagger on reaction. Instant Air Sais are problem for Sheeva's big hitbox. Approaching Mileena with Sheeva offense is very difficult because of her D4, even if Sheeva were to try a jump in kick on that small hitbox or cross over jump kick, Mileena can Roll her way out into a combo. The way the Sheeva player approached the match is using Sheeva's D4~Fireball and D3~Low Grab (mainly Mileena players try to D4 which puts her in a duck state for Low Grab set ups) pressure attempts, do not over poke because Mileena can Roll, this was used to bait her Roll attempts. Sheeva has to turtle the entire match and bait Mileena. One thing I did see him do was D1~Air Grab with Sheeva on Mileena's Air Sai upon landing up close. Mileena does 30% damage combos on average so at least Sheeva can keep up with the damage department, Low Grab set ups is her biggest comeback factor. Mileena is really that bad right next to Sektor and Noob Saibot. Sheeva is loaded with armor so that definitely helps, day 1 Sheeva was terrible lol - lovely buffs she got.

That is a good write up. I will post my complete thoughts on the Sheeva/Kitana MU and the Sheeva/Mileena MU next week.

Death

Noob
Sheeva/Mileena is really bad. No reason for Mileena to ever roll or telekick in this MU. Sheeva cant use any of her tools. She cant ground stomp. Cant throw projectile/ground pound. Has real no solid answer for her D+4. This MU is real bad.

At least sheeva can zone Kitana and Sheeva telestomp is a lot better to do vs Kitana than Mileena.

Sheeva/Mileena is really bad. No reason for Mileena to ever roll or telekick in this MU. Sheeva cant use any of her tools. She cant ground stomp. Cant throw projectile/ground pound. Has real no solid answer for her D+4. This MU is real bad.

At least sheeva can zone Kitana and Sheeva telestomp is a lot better to do vs Kitana than Mileena.
Telestomping against Kitana = full combo against me on top of and in front of Kitana. If I telestomp behind it will turn into square wave and I'll get hurt.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Actually this fight strangely enough is not too horrible for Sheeva. Kenshi's horizontal zoning is negated with my vertical way in with telestomp. Kenshi cannot play like he normally does he has to respect telestomp so full screen she has the advantage. I'm in on kenshi after 1 stomp then we both have armor up close. I will try and play Pig Of The Hut when he is in town for Ufgt8 and we can hammer out the MU. All I know is right now as Sheeva if I had to play one of his characters I would hope he chooses kenshi.
I think...you're off on this one. Kenshi doesn't have to stand full screen and throw shit at you. That's just one thing he does well against some of the cast. Plenty people in the cast force him to play differently. Just like how Sonya can beat a Kenshi that does mid screen spirit charge all day and uses the fake frame traps of B2 and F22B2 if she armors through. It's still his advantage though. Kenshi, just like anyone, can bait your teleport with his zoning and then NJP into combo. And I'm preeeetty sure that even if he misses when you go to one side, his Spirit Charge can hit you when you both land before you're able to block. May want to check that though! Looking forward to the fights!

I think...you're off on this one. Kenshi doesn't have to stand full screen and throw shit at you. That's just one thing he does well against some of the cast. Plenty people in the cast force him to play differently. Just like how Sonya can beat a Kenshi that does mid screen spirit charge all day and uses the fake frame traps of B2 and F22B2 if she armors through. It's still his advantage though. Kenshi, just like anyone, can bait your teleport with his zoning and then NJP into combo. And I'm preeeetty sure that even if he misses when you go to one side, his Spirit Charge can hit you when you both land before you're able to block. May want to check that though! Looking forward to the fights!
Yeah I am definitely scared of Kenshi. But as of now, no Kenshi I have played has been able to beat my Sheeva. That may change when I play a Kenshi of Pig's Caliber of course. But then again if I do end up beating his Kenshi all he has to do is switch to Mileena.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah I am definitely scared of Kenshi. But as of now, no Kenshi I have played has been able to beat my Sheeva. That may change when I play a Kenshi of Pig's Caliber of course. But then again if I do end up beating his Kenshi all he has to do is switch to Mileena.
Kenshi is one of those characters that every thinks they can play until they get a rude awakening. There's seriously maybe 3 or 4 real Kenshi players. You can tell someone isn't a Kenshi player when their zoning fails and then they run around like a headless chicken in a panic. And yeah..mileena. Shit.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kenshi is one of those characters that every thinks they can play until they get a rude awakening. There's seriously maybe 3 or 4 real Kenshi players. You can tell someone isn't a Kenshi player when their zoning fails and then they run around like a headless chicken in a panic. And yeah..mileena. Shit.
I spoke to Kenshi earlier today on the phone and he assured me he has a message for a particular woman and he'd like me to deliver it next week.

He's heard your concern and voice and he has a rebuttal

NariTuba

disMember
GGA Jeremiah

I have a question, cant the entire cast blow up telestomp with njp? I saw REO doing it with jade not long ago, getting it like 80% of the time. How does this work? I see you keep bringing up telestomp as you discuss matchups thats why im asking...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
GGA Jeremiah

I have a question, cant the entire cast blow up telestomp with njp? I saw REO doing it with jade not long ago, getting it like 80% of the time. How does this work? I see you keep bringing up telestomp as you discuss matchups thats why im asking...
You can do forward stomp or backwards stomp as well as the regular one. I think it must create mindgames and must require different punishments.

NariTuba

disMember
well it seems if she does in front or behind TS you both recover at the same time, she from her tele and you from your neutral jump... so nothing happens except she closes the distance, which is not necessarily a good thing at all. I dont really know much about her tho, I could be wrong, which is why Im asking.

The thing about the telestomp is of course the enemy can njp if they are ready for it. But since it has to be done at a precise time, if they opponent is trying to do something else they will not have time to njp. For example if Reo is busy blasting at me with iagb, he should not have time enough to stop zoning and njp in time.

The thing about the telestomp is of course the enemy can njp if they are ready for it. But since it has to be done at a precise time, if they opponent is trying to do something else they will not have time to njp. For example if Reo is busy blasting at me with iagb, he should not have time enough to stop zoning and njp in time.
Can easily en dash.