What's new

General/Other Sheeva Kouncil - For the Shokan!

Do you like the idea of the Sheeva Kouncil?

• Total voters

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I only real uses I know for f3 are when opponents are playing dead as long as it's not a character with a good wake up like Kung Lao the jerk or Kabal poopface. That and people that tend to do parry's fairly often with Liu Kang or Cyber sub, otherwise I generally stay away from it. a 15f f3 would be sweet.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
LOL who are YOU to demand the great peachyO show you anything?! are you a sheeva player in need of leveling up? are you a player who is thinking of picking sheeva up and needs pointers? are you a player having difficulty defeating sheeva and therefore in need of MU experience? i think not...
but if my memory serves me correctly (and it always does) we have indeed played before, and your jade did not at all get the better of the exchange ;). actually i think i still have one of your post-match "love letters" in my inbox, gotta go check that out!
Please don't lie to get your point across. Thanks.

I only real uses I know for f3 are when opponents are playing dead as long as it's not a character with a good wake up like Kung Lao the jerk or Kabal poopface. That and people that tend to do parry's fairly often with Liu Kang or Cyber sub, otherwise I generally stay away from it. a 15f f3 would be sweet.
This is exactly my point. Us Sheeva players have garbage frame data. It's not that we are bad players we just need tools that work like other characters.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Well Im not quite sure what to comment on in this thread but I will say this....everyone is entitled to there own opinions about this character good or bad. But as a whole community we SHOULD NOT have to keep REITERATING the fact that sheeva is a terrible character. Fact=We all know this by now. It doesnt motivate anyone to want to play her. The way I see it is you PLAY this character because you LOVE this character. Thats the bottom line in my books. I just feel that if this "kouncil" is going to take place it doesnt matter if you have very little knowlegde of sheeva or a abundance of knowlegde on sheeva it should all be said in a manner to help one another as players and find ways to become better with this character. I know Im not the best sheeva player out there but I love playing this character. Ive always loved playing this character. If anyone who plays me on psn the only characters I really play are Sheeva, Sindel, and Jade. I dont care to play anyone else. I know they are all not top tier characters. Do i care? No. I play them because I love playing them. Although the sheeva and jade forums can get a bit negative quickly. over in the sindel forums there isnt that much drama or downplay of the character. We all know her issues. But we all share infomation and ways to improve with her. It should be like this in all the threads. Ijs.

peachyO

Noob
Peachy, I do agree that not all opponents will be able to react to everything but I guess we have now come to my main problem with her.

Take Kenshi and Sheeva's F3 as an example. Both hit low and both lead to combo's. Forget the fact that our F3 does less damage, look at the Frame Data difference and that is where NRS dropped the ball.

Kenshi's F3 data.
Execution: 15f
Duration: 44f

Sheeva's F3 data.
Execution: 26f
Duration: 65f

Both are low combo starters that for are all intents and purposes are the same move except Kenshi's is 15f to execute, which if you play against smoke 15f is very hard to react to.
But that same move for Sheeva is 26f, you are now approaching the threshold where humans can react to it and block it.
Not to mention our duration is much longer so it is easier for the opponent to whiff punish.
see? THIS is the sort of thing that the forums/threads/potential kouncil should do...share and spread knowledge and information. on this particular topic, for example, i would love to debate the value of f3 in a kouncil setting. i would argue that incorporating it into one's strategy was crucial, as it sets up many mix-up opportunities (f3 low grab , f3 untamed fury, f3 ground pound, f3 EN jump stomp, f3, b1; high, overhead, low, and unblockable mix-ups) and is THE answer to CSZ's, liu kang's, and kratos' parries, especially on wakeup. we could all share tips, frame data, past experiences, etc. and perhaps find a way to get around her slowness and sneak in an f3 , even if at least for some of her match-ups.

of course NRS screwed her, it's no secret and we all know it. but that fact has already been established. what needs to be established are ways to deal with it and minimize her handicaps as much as possible. this is much more helpful and fun to discuss rather than "sheeva sucks, she's not viable", etc. and if it helps any of us to better deal with even one other character, then it was time well spent.