What's new

Sheeva Guide - Four Arms > Two

ive noticed something about the b2,1+2,bf3 string: the bf3 will whiff if the opponents face the same direction, like both have their back or their front towards the screen. it only will connect if they face opposite directions. tested this on jade dunno bout other chars.
It's like that for everyone besides Sheeva, that's why it's only listed as a corner combo because it's too inconsistent.

Big Frog

Noob
Getting the GnP is great, but stick with the Fireball. WAY more consistent and still gets a good amount of damage.

After an AA 12B1, if the 1 whiffs the 2B1 will launch your opponent very high in the air, and you're actually able to get a B21+2 Fireball/GnP for 34%+.

Only Sheeva would have her AA combos bigger than her mid screen combos lol.

arydious

Noob
just been toying around with sheeva today. I noticed you said for the EX low grab you do not need to take a step forward to NJP but for normal lowgrab you had to take slight step forward. I decided to skip the normal and do the EX, but i slipped once and did it normal but still landed the njp. Then i realized it doesnt require the step you stated, I just count to three starting from the moment i grab the person and it works 100% of the time

arydious

Noob
Thanks. It seems when they're around her head level, that's when you're able to NJP.
Yes it seems different than other characters, others you dont wait with sheeva you have to have a slight pause. Sheeva is actually pretty tough to play she is weird in the play style for me atleast. She reminds me of zangheif from Street Fighter, or what ever his name his from street fighter. She is cool, and im going to work on her just so i can pull her out and surprise people.

Before reading this i thought for sure Sheeva sucked hands down. Now beccause of you, I actually think Sheeva is a good character and is just under rated, she has some real potential

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
It'll be going through a massive revision at the end of September.

And yes, she is a good character.
Everyone is saying this. I still disagree. She has potential. But some of the match-ups are just horrible... I mean if you win, your opponent sucks.

Everyone is saying this. I still disagree. She has potential. But some of the match-ups are just horrible... I mean if you win, your opponent sucks.
I disagree, I think you just need to play her right.....it takes time to learn her..against which characters she's a bad match though...

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
My only real problem with Sheeva is conditioning opponents to block low. Yes, you can do this with d3 or d4, but opponents will get used to this and can stand as soon as they her massive ass lean forward. Don't even get me started on b2 or f3 since you will be hit out of those before they even come out, or cross up jip. I don't care how they implement it, i would just like one awesome low move that will get people scared as shit to block low.

Then we can start low throwing their asses haha

The majority of my low grabs from untechable knockdowns and forcing them up with a D3 low grab, mixing it up with B2.

And I'm really, really, starting to love her unbreakable damage. 31%+ off a low grab? Mmm. Kitana who?

Big Frog

Noob
I'm curious to see if she gets anything at all with this next patch. I'll be fine with not getting a faster GP or cancel if they buff the Low Grab. Man that would be amazing.

What´s up guys. I was playing Sheeva lately... I have to say. She can´t have so bad Matchups. She´s awesome. She have awesome punishes, and combos. I noticed all of you, sure love the Low grab. I think is a great move... but... make this work... is another story. :S. How you do this? I usually spend my eforts on Grab´n punch, and in the projectile (rarelly in ground stomp).

The majority of low grabs should be coming from using 212 on knockdown to go for the guaranteed low grab, using B21+2 on opponents knockdown, and then mixing it up with a D3 low grab, and using en grab if your opponent is predictable with their D1's.

Big Frog

Noob
I still have trouble getting the NJP after Low Grab so I usually just stick with hitting B2,2+1, (Ex) Fireball after Low Grab. It's still a buttload of damage, so is it even worth it??

^^^

Step forward then Nj.Punch. Works like a charm. Gotta get used to the timing.

And fireball after b+2,1+2 is all I usually do. And when I do go for grab n punch (after b+2,1+2) it's usually when I'm approaching the corner, so if I whiff...i'll do d+1 x Anti Air throw (d,f+1) .

Here's some sheeva combos, just so u can see it visually:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmrBCvt3sIk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJ58sThzgA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqKFbbPalZ4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYwf3wzF0p0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKyP5rrHxlk

Boys: fantastic thread sir. I'm very proud of you. And I THANK YOU for that. Can you also add the finishing moves to the end of the first post in this thread. So I can delete the OTHER Sheeva guide that has next to nothing in it. Thx man.

Big Frog

Noob
I always want to dash out of habit lol but yeah I always stick with Fireball unless it is in the corner where the Grab will hit.

This thread is definitely amazing and am very glad it's for a character I love hahaha

Digi, what are your thoughts on the Kang mu??

It's a tough one Frog.

Smart Lao is gonna know a couple of things: 1,1,2 RAPES sheeva (so does the 2,1... string). Cross ups for days. Dive Kick > Tele Stomp. I have spin.

I believe in this mu u want to keep Lao as far away as possible. This will possibly encourage Lao to get ancy and try to get in with Dive Kick, Teleport, or f+3. Thankfully Sheeva can be fast enough to react to all 3.

Block Dive kick = Max punish 1 > dash > 2,1,2 x "Grab N Punch"

Teleport = Typical Uppercut

f+3 = if doesn't 2n1 (and u HAVE to look out for the special move cancel) Crouch Throw.

Sheeva is gonna want to play the rang mix up game. Between Fireball, Tele Stomp, and Ground Stomp. To condition the opponent to make them be where you want them to be. Far away and in position for your long rang attacks.

Now if you're like me and you're very comfortable at rushing down with Sheeva. Then you'll know when to poke between Lao's strings. And dash full combo punish Spin on reaction. Because she DEFINITELY can.

Sheeva vs. Lao is an uphill better. But hey its not Mileena/Kitana -__-

Creepy00

Noob
Oh god digi telling his secrets
Noooooooo! I want subzero to still win :D
Really nice of you helping the shokan army!

Big Frog

Noob
Great stuff, Digimon. I apologize I meant Liu Kang, but any Kung info is always, always appreciated. Him and aggressive Cage are my two worst enemies.

I ask you about Liu because I really don't find him as bad as you'd think he'd be against the Sheeves. Don't get me wrong he gives her a LOT of trouble up close, but if you can zone him out...

Big Frog

Noob
Sorry for the double post, but yeah that's what made me rethink the NJP. I was watching you do it in your stream last night. I really need to get that down pact.

Thank you Digi. This guide will be going through a massive overhaul at the end of the September, where I might participate in a tournament using her, and by then the patch should be out. The fatalities are at the end of the first post.

Since you can sticky, can you sticky her Frame Data thread as well? ♡

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7294-Sheeva-Frame-Data

I don't think the Liu Kang MU is that bad. This is one of those MU's where I'm thankful that Sheeva has a 6 frame D1. After a B312 string, D1 into a grab. If he does his 213 string, D1 after it. If he does 21, and then goes into the B3 since you'll probably be ducking high to not get hit by the overhead from 213, D1. B3 is 10 frames, D1 is 6. You have 4 frames to react if he does nothing after 21. I don't have much experience dealing with his parry since apparently it's not that good of a special, but I'm guessing you can punish with a Fireball if baited, and a D4 if you don't catch it right away. I think you might be able to do a whiffed telestomp when he does his Fireball on reaction, and the worst you'll eat is a parry. If he does that, whiff the stomp, and you're up close to him. I like to be reckless with my Fireball throwing in this MU as well, using it full screen and mid screen. I just want to get him moving and coming to me, not turtling with Fireballs.

Because of his terrible low poke speed, and a parry that doesn't even seem to work all the time, once you're in with her pressure, you're in.