Video/Tutorial Shazam Corner options/ off AC

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

contents:
AC to B2 crossup
corner combo to interactable option
corner combo to reverse HM to interactable option
etc.

the B2 corner cross up isn't new, I believe a couple of shazam players already knew this and also Txchniquez showed one off a d3. This B2 crossup can also be done mid screen if the range is perfect.

However d3 to B2 timing is kinda off and unreliable at times. so for consistency I created a tutorial off AC, doing it after shazam hits the ground gives you a B2 crossup;
  • safe from one directional wake ups
  • with B23 you can keep them in the corner. if opponent has one directional wakeup specials, some will be hit by B2's 3.
  • you can opt to B2 to Interactable (ground hitting).
Opponent - how to block/counter;
  • forward then back if you know they will opt for a b2 after AC.
  • once you block you can opt for your characters 1 to full combo punish.
  • keep in mind if there is an interactable in the corner and that shazam can still bait your reversal with b2 teleport out.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

Also Shazam can still get the corner to interactable/HM with F223, 112, F2, Interactable/HM/AC. timing is just more strict.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Tbh it nearly does. Also in a game this is actually practical. I always have a mb f3 threat in the corner so if you suspect a wakeup, do mb f3 into the above. It gives 44% + 49%.
Yes and you still have meaty HM as an option. wakeup mashers though will sometimes block this when they are doing a wakeup that has a DF motion (facing you).. I think that is not specific to this crossup.

Shawi

Noob
Yes and you still have meaty HM as an option. wakeup mashers though will sometimes block this when they are doing a wakeup that has a DF motion (facing you).. I think that is not specific to this crossup.
Good god I just used this tech online. It's beefy. So ammmmbiguoussss. That's the weird thing about shazam. I never care about my life bar - I only need one AC finish to start my loop. 1 wrong guess, 70-80% gone, two wrong guesses and I win. Plus that damn HMmb b3mb f3mb with trait active!!! I'm actually loving playing shazam now so fun but so punishable lol. B23 really should be plus on block

SaJa

FH_FenriR
black Adam has a + on block faster overhead that leads to more damage :S

doesn't seem OP at all

You can't compare 1 thing with 1 other thing just like that. Shazam doesn't have same dash than BA, same zoning, same specials etc..

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You can't compare 1 thing with 1 other thing just like that. Shazam doesn't have same dash than BA, same zoning, same specials etc..
BA has a better dash, better zoning and better specials

I think a + on block b.23 would be just fine for billy

SaJa

FH_FenriR
BA has a better dash, better zoning and better specials

I think a + on block b.23 would be just fine for billy

Shazam backdash is better and great for his b2, BA does not have an unblockable starter and teleports. b2 doesn't have the same range for both.
Not saying shazam is better than BA, just saying it doesn't make sens to say "BA should have a tp because shazam got one".

If b23 would be + on block he would become too dirty imo.

BA doesnt have command grabs...B23 being+would be kinda silly imo, but I imagine many folks would love yet another braindead mixup character.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Shazam backdash is better and great for his b2, BA does not have an unblockable starter and teleports. b2 doesn't have the same range for both.
Not saying shazam is better than BA, just saying it doesn't make sens to say "BA should have a tp because shazam got one".

If b23 would be + on block he would become too dirty imo.
neither does shazam, his grabs are a low that whiffs on crouch and an overhead that whiffs on high, not true grabs

shazam's teleport is useless, b.2 is slower. shame there's no point in arguing, this is an interesting topic to think about...

BA doesnt have command grabs...B23 being+would be kinda silly imo, but I imagine many folks would love yet another braindead mixup character.
right, having one safe option that's easily blocked due to its speed, oh lord it's the next killer frost

SaJa

FH_FenriR
shazam's teleport is useless,
Do you only play online ? His teleport makes some mu broken (bane). It's good for some setup (d3, tp, HM). It's the best wakeup of the game. It's good to break the distance/run away/against some projectiles.

b.2 is slower.
Slower with better range. No one will block it on reaction so stop saying it's slow.

his grabs are a low that whiffs on crouch and an overhead that whiffs on high, not true grabs
It's true grabs but not broken grabs.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Do you only play online ?

Slower with better range. No one will block it on reaction so stop saying it's slow.

It's true grabs but not broken grabs.
21 frames can't be blocked on reaction? It's a pretty slow move (hence range) but for an overhead it's OK.

playing online, no, I don't do that anymore, all my time is in the lab now. care to explain how it's useful (as is how discussion is made ;) )

It's not a true grab. Bane's Body Press is a true grab. Shazam's grabs could become a true low/OH and he really wouldn't change, he'd probably actually be better that way haha.