What's new

Shaun Himmerick Disconfirms Certain Guest Characters On Twitter

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Netherrealm Studios' Studio Head Shaun Himmerick has recently been answering a lot of the questions coming in on Twitter from other Twitter users and fans of the upcoming game Mortal Kombat X. Some of these questions, like the ones below, have been inquiries into which guest characters will be introduced in MKX. Although we know that the team at NRS can't reveal which characters will be in right now, they are able to tell us if some characters are out. With that being said, some people were curious to find out if the guest characters would be returning from a past MK or were characters from Netherrealm's 2013 DC Comics collaboration, the hit superhero fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us.

One user specifically asked if one of the two guest characters confirmed to be in the Kombat Pack would be MK9 guest character Freddy Krueger. Here's Shaun's reply:

Another Twitter user asked if there would be any Injustice characters introduced as guest characters in MKX. You can see Shaun's reply to him below:

Fulgore and Spinal from Killer Instinct were also asked about and as you can see here we won't be getting either of them either:

So now that we can safely say there's no repeat guest characters, Injustice characters, and no Spinal or Fulgore from Killer Instinct as DLC, who do you think they will bring in?

Source: Freddy, Injustice characters, KI characters (thanks to @Dark for the heads up on this one)

Promoted by STORMS*

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

To be completely honest, I don't really know who I would want as a guest character.

Maybe one of them will strike me as interesting and I'll try them out. If not, I've still got Kitana, Kotal and Goro.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I get the feeling that one will be a DC character who wasn't in Injustice to help plug Injustice 2.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Okay, what are some great Warner Brothers characters? Because, let's be honest, that's the most likely pool that NRS is going to be drawing from.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Preadator and Terminator are the only ones I see working. Michael Myers, Jason, any lame, slow horror character is whack as shit. They aren't fighters they just murder unarmed people