What's new

Setplay in Injustice

TKB

Noob
Deathstroke has midscreen ambiguos j3 setups and unblockable trait setups and f3crossup/non cross up setups from a bg bounce. Also he might have midscreen ambiguos f3 setups without one.
And if he lands the j3 near a bgb that could be 40+% meter less. I don't think GLs wakeup means much. Especially since DS should have meter in the mu to mb f3 all day.
With a BGB Deathstroke can get 48% meter less, over 50% with a bar. He has several ways to set up crossup f3 mid screen without a background bounce. I know of atleast 4. In the corner it's straight up vortex, f3 blows up a ton of wakeups. Neat thread sonic fox

Grawlix

Noob
Isn't wowo a bit too high here? Certain characters have decent options vs her knockdown game and her divebomb setups are situational, often aren't ambiguous and can at least be pushblocked. If this list is about quantity over quality though, I think a good case could be made for wowo being number 1.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I'm always thinking in my head when i play Lobo
"There's no way he'll block this !!!11!1"

Lobo gets an unsafe 50/50 - 33/33/33 mixup off any - some normals
Risk reward is kinda sucky but if you just know u just know

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Isn't wowo a bit too high here? Certain characters have decent options vs her knockdown game and her divebomb setups are situational, often aren't ambiguous and can at least be pushblocked. If this list is about quantity over quality though, I think a good case could be made for wowo being number 1.
we are going over quantity here

The Highlander

There can be only one
This is cool. I would argue that since ww's is corner specific it isn't as good but if you're ignoring that fact then this is pretty spot on.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Her divebomb setups are true 5050s, at least the way I use it.

They're not situational either, off of any launch that isn't a b2 you can get a 5050 divebomb attempt.

B3 -> F3 guarantees a 5050 divebomb attempt.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Thats one metered option out of many. If they don't jump, he loses out pretty hard.
(Moreso, its a joke)
No its +2 on block so he could check you. Trust me. He has Setplay. Your a bane player so you exactly don't care about his Setplay but Im talking about quantity not quality here

The Highlander

There can be only one
Her divebomb setups are true 5050s, at least the way I use it.

They're not situational either, off of any launch that isn't a b2 you can get a 5050 divebomb attempt.

B3 -> F3 guarantees a 5050 divebomb attempt.
I thought the b3 f3 knockdown could be blocked by holding back 100% of the time?
hers can also be done mid screen from B3 ji3 --> dive
That is true but that isn't giving you 45% (An amazonian can dream). I don't think it is a 50/50 divebomb either but I could be thinking of the wrong set-up... Either way I'm not denying that WoWo's setplay is amazing.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No its +2 on block so he could check you. Trust me. He has Setplay. Your a bane player so you exactly don't care about his Setplay but Im talking about quantity not quality here
No as in its a joke. Humor. The joke is everyone 8-2s Grundy because of grab immunity and jump-back.
Its not meant to be taken seriously.