What's new

Seriously, let's start playing tag mode for MK9!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The important part is fun. Having fun and not worrying about every little issue makes this game great. If Tag is what makes fun for you then fuck yeah play tag. We've tried tag in Minneapolis locals now as after the tournament hype and it's a blast. 2 vs 2 teams opens up hella creative ways to play each set.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The important part is fun. Having fun and not worrying about every little issue makes this game great. If Tag is what makes fun for you then fuck yeah play tag. We've tried tag in Minneapolis locals now as after the tournament hype and it's a blast. 2 vs 2 teams opens up hella creative ways to play each set.
THIS GUY HAS THE RIGHT IDEA!

We know where MK9 stands lol...I'm just trying to look for a way to have even more fun with the game before MKX.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
LOL No man...I been pushing this idea on TYM for about a month....Nobody wants to listen though :(
I think people listen but nobody does anything about it. Maybe because everyone still is in the mindset that MK9 is dead... Keep pushing, when it's has a little new spark of life someone with influence will pick the idea up :)

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
I think people listen but nobody does anything about it. Maybe because everyone still is in the mindset that MK9 is dead... Keep pushing, when it's has a little new spark of life someone with influence will pick the idea up :)
We been playing with these tag rules for a little while in my local scene.....Its pretty legit. There may be no infinites or resets...but you can do some REALLY cool stuff in tag mode. And Tag makes you utilize your meter in more interesting ways. And games can go by about as fast as a 1v1 match when using the one round thing. And it makes comebacks twice as hype

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
We been playing with these tag rules for a little while in my local scene.....Its pretty legit. There may be no infinites or resets...but you can do some REALLY cool stuff in tag mode. And Tag makes you utilize your meter in more interesting ways. And games can go by about as fast as a 1v1 match when using the one round thing. And it makes comebacks twice as hype
I don't need another character for resets when I play Smoke haha :p Record some casuals from your scene and show TYM then. Tag me I want to see it :3

Kabal and noob is a fun one if that hasn't been mentioned already. For some reason NRS thought it'd be a good idea for kabal's F4 be able to link into saibot's ghostball assist. Can't block bro? He's forty 2~ndc's into another combo lol

wakas26

IFC MSP Wakas
like Marvel vs Capcom?
maybe 3 vs 3 tag battles?
Kabal (point) - Kenshi (middle) - Cyrax (anchor)
D: WTF

Not everyone has an infinite, only a few teams.

The problem is they are way too easy and meterless.

Not only that, with the Kabal/Noob one you can do it damageless to just run out the timer without ever giving them breaker or a chance to get their partner in.

Sorry guys, tag is fun, but not competitively. All you would see would be Kabal/Noobs winning on the first hit.
If you are talking about the infinite where Kabal does a Nomad Dash then Noob comes out and does a black hole which opponent falls into and Kabal then catches him with a Nomad Dash while falling out of the hole, it isn't damageless. Black hole does 2% damage anyways. And you can break the Nomad Dash if it hits the opponent falling out of the black hole ( because the hole itself was the first hit). Maybe you meant some other infinite? I know about Cyrax/Noob one where you catch them into an air net very low to the ground with Cyrax and as they begin to fall out of the net Noob does the Shadow Tackle and it glitches out the game - so the opponent just freezes in the air for an unlimited time for you do build meter or wait for the timer to run out. You can also reset them again out of this freeze state))))))