What's new

Seriously, let's start playing tag mode for MK9!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With this slight revival of MK9 due to MKX, I feel like the community should try something new with MK9. Play tag mode!

Like, seriously, I feel like that will make the revival of MK9 that much more fun! It's not really a side of the game that got explored, aside from the combos. Very few players actually know the juicy stuff that comes with tag, and I feel like it's something we should all sit down and learn together just for the hell of it. There's lots to learn, such as strong assists in the neutral game, which teams fit offensive or defensive styles the best, hell it may make the top tiers that much more bearable now that your character has a little help on the side!

Whaddya say, guys? I think it's worth the shot.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
INFINITES EVERYWHERE, EVERYONE IS VIABLE
Yeah, but chances are you're sacrificing on the assist side. Like, we know how Scorp is in singles, so losing your other character SUUUUUCKS in tag. And while Kabal/Cage is pretty much an amazing duo on the damage side, I don't see his assist and special tags being that great, so you basically stick him in the back for damage purposes only. And Kenshi would be a great point and assist character, but I can see how some assists would give him problems.

Now that I think about tag, it seems really interesting.

Yeah, but chances are you're sacrificing on the assist side. Like, we know how Scorp is in singles, so losing your other character SUUUUUCKS in tag. And while Kabal/Cage is pretty much an amazing duo on the damage side, I don't see his assist and special tags being that great, so you basically stick him in the back for damage purposes only. And Kenshi would be a great point and assist character, but I can see how some assists would give him problems.

Now that I think about tag, it seems really interesting.
KABAL/cage will be broken as they have an infinite, KABAL 's nomad dash spins you, Johnny comes out and charges unblockable b2 which hits just as you come out of the spin and the combo ends. You are opened for another combo by Kabal who ends it with nomad dash again!!!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I've been begging fro this for a while.
Tag tournament standard, honestly.
If everyone has an infinite, how could it be broken?
Even Skullgirls has touch of death combos, and that game is considered balanced.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
KABAL/cage will be broken as they have an infinite, KABAL 's nomad dash spins you, Johnny comes out and charges unblockable b2 which hits just as you come out of the spin and the combo ends. You are opened for another combo by Kabal who ends it with nomad dash again!!!
You can also do super pressure with Kabal/Cage. After Kabal's b121 you can fast tag Cage in, then go into 21f2 and fast tag Kabal in. After that you just rinse and repeat for the ultimate pressure game.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Not everyone has an infinite, only a few teams.

The problem is they are way too easy and meterless.

Not only that, with the Kabal/Noob one you can do it damageless to just run out the timer without ever giving them breaker or a chance to get their partner in.

Sorry guys, tag is fun, but not competitively. All you would see would be Kabal/Noobs winning on the first hit.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
When I had people to play offline we would do 2v2 time to time on tag. It was a blast, but none of us really gave effort to learn the mechanics like we did for 1v1. However, I have seen tag videos on Youtube and that shit is legit broken lol. I use to freak out if I accidently accepted a tag request online.