What's new

Strategy Sektor 101 - Beginner Combos

It's been brought up several times by prospective Sektor players is how daunting a task it can be to find just basic BnBs in NKZero's comprehensive Sektor combo guide. In order to remedy that, I've decided to make this thread for people looking for combos to use when they are just starting out.

These are the easiest and highest damaging combos for the most common situations you'll find yourself in as Sektor. Keep in mind that all of these combos are for the Robotic version and ignore the various combo enders in favor of raw damage.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to clarify.

Off of a Jump In Punch
JIP~12b1~f43/f44~TU~b34~TU=39%
JIP~12B1~f43~TU~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=48%

Standing 1 Punish (some punishes require you to dash forward)
12b1~f43/f44~TU~b34~TU=36%
12b1~f43~TU~b34/JK~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=45%

Off a (Deep) Jump Kick
(D)JK~TU~f44~TU=27%
(D)JK~TU~f43~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=40%

Standing 1 Anti-Air
1~12~TU~b34~TU=23%
1~12~TU~b34~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=32%

After Winning an Air-to-Air exchange
AtAP~f2~TU~b34~TU=17%
AtAP~f2~TU~b34~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=23%

Off of b34 Low Starter
B34~TU~f44~TU=27%
B34~TU~f43~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=38%

In the Corner
12b1~12~12~122~Flameburner=38%
12b1~12~12~12~21~Up Missile=31%

Off of a naked EXTU
EXTU~JK~TU~B2~Flameburner=34%

Vagrant

Noob
I think 12b1 jk tu b21 12burner Should be on here. It's not that difficult when you get the timing of the b2 1 and remember to jump back for the jk

I think 12b1 jk tu b21 12burner Should be on here. It's not that difficult when you get the timing of the b2 1 and remember to jump back for the jk
All that is exactly why it's not on here. I'm trying to keep this list as concise as possible for people with little-to-no Sektor experience, with one meter-less and metered combo for each of the situations listed. Combos like that get into more advanced Sektor theory.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i believe you should add this to AAs

1 jik tu b21

simple yet slowly introduces them to the jumpkick tele routine of sektor

i like this character, very footsie oriented and strong neutral game

i believe you should add this to AAs

1 jik tu b21

simple yet slowly introduces them to the jumpkick tele routine of sektor
My problem with that AA is that, for me at least, it's easy to miss the jump kick, especially if you AA too low. The one I have listed from my experience has been the most consistent and will yield more damage on an AA that's too low for the full combo.

Good stuff RomeoBravoDelta. Thanks for doing this, it will go into the guide. Just my opinion, I'd list the 21 and B2 combo starters as well i.e. 21/B2-TU-B21 etc. Or d'you think it's a little tricky?
It's not that they are too tricky, it just becomes information overload again as I list the metered and meter-less combos and when you would want to use them. My goal for this list is for day 1 Sektor's to be consistently putting out good damage in most every situation. To me, these are Sektor's breadiest and butteriest combos. And now I wish I had named the thread that.

I've also added a naked EXTU combo to the list. Also, I'll add a corner combo or two in the near future.

I've updated the list with two corner combos. I didn't use the b21 corner combos because it's fairly easy to mistime the b21, miss and put yourself in the corner.

With those combos, you should be able to handle yourself pretty well as you start out playing Sektor. After you get a better handle on the character, you should check out all the other resources on this forum. The Sektor community is second to none in terms having information available for new players.

Also, is there any demand for a thread similar to this one only detailing Sektor's various combo enders? Not so much all the combo permutations but more why you would want to use any of them.

nX_EdGe

We are many... you are but one.
I love how clear and concise this thread is! I am going to take this information and see if I can apply it tonight. I would love to see more threads like this for more characters.

EXTU~JK~TU~B2~Flameburner=34% <-- I have huge problems with that! It seems I can't get the timing for JK after EXTU in general. I can do some "harder" combos no problem, but I just can't get that JK after EXTU. The animation seems strange and I never know when it's the correct time to jump. I always get back kicks out and some strange moves. I've tried doing negative edge but I don't like it very much/it isn't very helpful.

What about pressing 4 two times and maybe then just circkling finger around downforward? Please help me people, I have huge problems with exucution of JK after EXTU and canceling into TU.