What's new

Screenshot of Killer Frost during PAX Stream - Confirmed!

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
You're taking this out of context. Look at the other guy's post.

He was saying "They already made their decision when they made the first trailer". He was claiming that our pleas for Cold's inclusion wouldn't have made a difference.

I was clarifying that people in general, before this game came out, were talking more about Cold than Frost. If you go to the hardcore comics forums, you'll see this to be true.

I'm well aware of his post. I still mean what I say. They had a reason for including Killer Frost and not Captain Cold on the launch roster despite Captain Cold being more "talked about" or whatever.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I know.

But what I'm saying is that, from a synergy standpoint, it makes more sense to give exposure to Cold.

He's a guy that DC needs to be popularized in the public eye. The Flash is one of their flagship characters. His villains need representation.
I think NRS chose to not include some popular chars in the initial roster so they could sell them as DLC. Who you will demand more for, MMH and CC or KF and Nightwing?

For roster variety, they probably picked Killer Frost over Capt Cold to avoid redundancy issues. The move set they can come up with caster is wide open compared another gun totting gadget character with ice grenades.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
You're delusional if you think I said that anywhere in my post.

But now that you bring it up, look at how much more Captain Cold is discussed on the internet IN GENERAL (including long before announcement of the game):

They could have researched this stuff. They have the resources.
Lol, check that number again a few weeks after this game is released.

I'm well aware of his post. I still mean what I say. They had a reason for including Killer Frost and not Captain Cold on the launch roster despite Captain Cold being more "talked about" or whatever.
"talked about" means a lot. Don't belittle it.

Cold gets more talked about than Frost because "The Flash" comic series matters big-time.

Cold even had his very own series during Flashpoint. He matters to the true DC hardcores. Enough to discuss him in depth.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!

Cold gets more talked about than Frost because "The Flash" comic series matters big-time.

Cold even had his very own series during Flashpoint. He matters to the true DC hardcores. Enough to discuss him in depth.
"Talked about" apparently didn't mean much for this game.

Also: DC hardcores =/= Casuals (ie. the majority of people who will buy this game)

Lol, check that number again a few weeks after this game is released.
Uh...

Exactly why NRS should have included Cold.

If NRS made Captain Cold cool to the public, DC could have more pull for a good Flash movie.

Killer Frost's inclusion services only this game, really. Captain Cold's inclusion could have lead to much more. More potential there.

Hopefully they put him in the sequel.

I agree that data is useful. you also have to factor in though that the IMMEDIATE second we saw flash get hit by ice stuff. everyone immediately assumed Captain Cold. There for no reason to talk about Killer Frost became an issue. Because of the fact that the ice was hitting FLASH.

do you think if firestorm was in the opening trailer, and ice was hitting him. And flash was excempt in the same cutscene. That captain cold would be talkd about more over Killer Frost then?

Again because of the fact it was FLASH getting hit by ice, we all auto-assumed Captain Cold.

I don't think that same auto-assumption would happen if Firestorm was in Flash's place.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Didn't NRS want Frost as DLC in MK9? I guess that they had to choose someone very similar to fill that void...
Oh well, I'm not even going to fight this anymore. I'm just going to Main ether Deathstroke, Superman, or Bane.

Reactions: RYX

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Man, chill the fuck out people (pun intended). I think Captain Cold or Firestorm would have been infinitely better than Frost, but if this is what NRS wants to do, so be it.

I understand you guys are upset that a lesser character made it in over a supposedly well known character.

But the lesser characters will never be able to grow into something "less lame" if they ALWAYS take the back seat, and never make it into a serious plot.

Again I understand your concern, and why you're upset. You should definitely voice your opinion so you can sort of fight for "what you think is right"

But at the same token. that's how I see it. A character can't grow if they don't get screen time.
And I think Captain Cold has more potential to grow if given his well-deserved screen time.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
they didnt go with CC cause the ppl at TYM dont make up the majority of their fans and as far as the rest of the dc fans go CC sucks. This msg board is the only place i have seen this much CC love... kinda sad really he's just a poor mans Mr. Freeze. I can see why they went with Killer Frost shes way more popular of a character

Behold, the Injustilluminati. you guys are amazing.
Seriously, if you guys haven't figured out how game companies do DLC nowadays, you're beyond help. What makes you think that any character can make as much money on DLC as MMH?

I'm not even a fan of DC comics or anything like that. I just see it for what it is.

potential game design? so you say CC has less potential game design? sorry but that make no sense.
If you'll read what you quoted I didn't say he had less. I said they choose for popularity and game design. Whatever reason they felt they could design a cool fighting game character around her. That doesn't mean he couldnt be a good character. It means they would rather use her skill set to.make a fighting game character right now.