What's new

Screenshot of Killer Frost during PAX Stream - Confirmed!

Neclord

Noob
Get your head out of your ass.
No one here knows Killer Frost beside her two appearances in the animated shows and no one cares about her.
I'm pretty damn sure there are more people out there who would care about Captain Cold as a character, instead of having a pair of boobs more with Killer Frost in this game.
Because there are so many female characters in the game already right?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I want to see her animated or alternate costume look, not punk rocker Killer Frost lol not liking that costume lol. But glad she's in, I'll try her out.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
If they thought they could do something with the character, I think it's a really great choice.

It'll come down to whether or not they accomplish what they set out to do.

What's your favorite Killer Frost comic?

Because I'm certain my favorite Captain Cold comic is better.

Not to mention, Captain Cold has been in every Flash comic for the past year. He even had his very own mini-series during Flashpoint. What's Killer Frost up to, exactly?

Well, this is just absurd. All he said was NRS picked characters picked characters they wanted. Nothing was said about Killer Frost being more relevant or having better story lines.

NRS never said every character would have a nemesis either so they shouldn't be held to such a standard.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
As I stated before:

Let's include The Flash, but let's not include a Flash villain...... ?

Let's not include Firestorm, but let's include a Firestorm villain..... ?

No sense AT ALL.
Couldn't agree more. There were way more people asking for Captain Cold than for freaking Killer Frost, plus, like you said, CC is a Flash villain so it would have made sense to include him, but no, let's put KF in, one of the lamest characters ever, just out of nowhere. Just why? Because it's another female?
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly complaining, there are enough characters that I want to use and the only characters that I still want to see in the game are Lobo, MMH and Red Hood, but I just don't get it. Very weird decision to me.

Hey man, sometimes obscure characters need a shot too. No one knew about Taskmaster when he was announced for MVC3 and he turned out great.
My problem is: that particular obscure character is the replacement for a very beloved super villain from DC comics .. Captain Cold who would have been a villain for the Flash, one of the most recognizable super heroes in the DC universe.
In this game we get Shazam and one of his villains Black Adam who has exactly the same power set, even though it was said they wouldn't waste slots on clones of already existing characters. Yes, they did make Black Adam play differently and that's the least they could have done, but why did Doomsday have to be in the game for example? Right now he looks like shit, let's be honest here ... And Flash is still villainless.

In my opinion Killer Frost was a bad decision. As an obscure character, because even though she is one, Captain Cold is one as well and when it comes to marketing, he is the better pick anyway.
Breasts? Kick out Doomsday and put in Circe and you have your tits.

BrokenAngels00

Longtime Lurker
I'm not on either side in this Captain Cold vs. Killer Frost debacle, but I sense someone is going to bring this up, so I'll say it. I knew about Captain Cold, and I'd never even heard of Killer Frost before a couple days ago.

trufenix

bye felicia
trufenix How about we stop pretending like you know what you're talking about? Since if we dig deeper, you will once again leave the thread and never return, because someone proved you wrong ... once again.
I know exactly what I'm talking about. NRS made the game. They picked the characters. They will rake in million dollars as a result. Theirs is the only opinion that matters.

NetherRealm choosing her doesn't justify the choice.

They made a wrong decision. I don't hate them for it. But I do think less of their taste.
He said, stirring memories of the vast array of other successful DC Comics video games. Years from now, he would reflect on this moment in sadness, knowing full well that if NRS had only selected Captain Cold instead of Killer Frost, the great calamity could have been averted.

Or it could be:

They liked her more.

She might have more to offer.

She could have something to do with the story.

Calm down.
#Hypocrisy
I said "If the main reason was gender".

I didn't accuse them of sexism. I said that IF THAT WAS their line of logic, it would be sexist.

The "if" matters.