What's new

Strategy Scorpion stuff that isn't talked about a lot

Here's the thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/scorpions-deep-jump-kick-option-select-video.25410/

Basically If you cancel the deep jump kick into teleport it won't come off on block. Also, leaves you at about +15. If it hits your opponent, the teleport comes off and you can get a juggle combo of your choice.
damnnnnnnnnnn, that is a crazy setup, nvr even knew he had that. Thanks for the info bro, I have been looking for something to add to my scorpion game and this will be a great addition.

damnnnnnnnnnn, that is a crazy setup, nvr even knew he had that. Thanks for the info bro, I have been looking for something to add to my scorpion game and this will be a great addition.
Yeah I've been using this for a while, but using it in the Vortex was new.

It works extremely well against zoners. All it takes is one read on a projectile, and you can attempt the OS. The best part is that it must be respected on hit and block. It has helped me in the Kabal match a lot. He has to think twice about using the low saw:D.

It works extremely well against zoners. All it takes is one read on a projectile, and you can attempt the OS. The best part is that it must be respected on hit and block. It has helped me in the Kabal match a lot. He has to think twice about using the low saw:D.
definitely a great setup, a combo i love using is 33, spear, njp, jik, tele, jik, tele, d1, tele, the tele will whiff and go on the other side, messing up their wakeup and giving you some extra meter, it also has good dmg, like 40 percent.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Slips RedRaptor10
My bad I'm writing from my phone.

By design spear is always more rewarding than a takedown, so want type of point is that? There's a thin line between risky and just plain stupid. This is just stupid when you have a better option.

For the sake of argument, let's say this works. How many times will it work after? The point of it is to establish a mind game right? Using the spear or takedown grants the same mind game, but you'll be much safer after using the takedown. Why would you sacrifice 35+% of your life meter for something that might work?

We might as well agree to disagree because there's no way in hell this is viable without getting boned.

So let's just get back on topic.
What you call stupid I call hypocritical. Its the same argument as saying you should never use f4 spear since you can do f4 takedown. I'll use your own words for the same scenario.

"Using the spear grants the same mind game, but you'll be much safer using takedown. Why would you sacrifice 35% of your life meter for something that might work?"

According to your logic nobody should ever use f4 spear since f4 takedown serves the same purpose and is safer. Come on man.

111 takedown isn't THAT good dude. It eliminates all your pressure on block AND on hit. The damage is shit. And it can be armored out of. (Eliminating the fallacy of it being safe)

111 spear is risky, but grants a much bigger reward. Its worth going for sometimes.

Just like f4 spear is worth going for sometimes instead of f4 takedown.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!

Off-topic, but I just subscribed to your channel. Gonna try to get it some support.

Slips we stopped that argument a little while ago bro.

I was never trying to be negative about the setup. I was simply saying that takedown is a much better blockstring.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the deep jump kick OS?

I use a variation.

1,1,1 xx spear - njp - jk xx tp - jk xx tp. Afterwards, you can go for a deep jump kick, and it tracks the tech roll
ah yes, tracking tech rolls is a good thing. Sometimes i'll just jik to air throw them then ex hellfire their ass haha,but that's only if i need that to finish the fight or if i want to gain a lead.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Slips we stopped that argument a little while ago bro.

I was never trying to be negative about the setup. I was simply saying that takedown is a much better blockstring.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the deep jump kick OS?
A little while ago? lol you've been arguing about it all day and you just made a post about it an hour ago. Whatever dude. Learn to accept different ways of thinking.

Deep jk OS is cool

ah yes, tracking tech rolls is a good thing. Sometimes i'll just jik to air throw them then ex hellfire their ass haha,but that's only if i need that to finish the fight or if i want to gain a lead.
lol

I use the air throw more against zoners. I'll end my bnb's with air throw to give them space to zone. They will think it's safe to use projectiles, but it's not. 1 step after the air throw is the perfect range for the deep jump kick OS, so if they attempt to zone they will be boned:D

A little while ago? lol you've been arguing about it all day and you just made a post about it an hour ago. Whatever dude. Learn to accept different ways of thinking.

Deep jk OS is cool
lol I know how to be open minded. I compared it to that match Daigo had at EVO2012 against that Blanka player. He kept doing random SRK and it fucked with the Blanka players head. The spear in a blockstring is a similar concept. However, it's still too risky IMO.

I don't know if you have exp against Freddy, but it's at least 6-4 Freddy. The Deep jk OS helps Scorpion a lot against zoning/projectiles. It's definitely a good alternative to the hellfire trade.

RedRaptor10
My apologies about earlier. I found a great way to implement your 1,1,1 xx spear. Basically 1,1,1 xx takedown has a 3f gap where it can be armored out of. 1,1,1 xx spear has no gaps, so if your opponent is thinking of using armor they will be boned by the spear. It's just about making the read.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm likin' all this talk about ending combos with a whiffed tele to fuck with their wakeup.. if they get used to it and try an armored wakeup or something, you can ex spear em' to oblivion

Also, I'm assuming everyone already knows his meterless corner uppercut combo off of anything that links to spear?

pimpimjim
After an air throw, immediately teleport. If done correctly you will land right behind your opponent as they get up. Also, if they do a wakeup your 100% safe. If it's done as fast as possible you'll end up in front of your opponent.

ryublaze

Noob
I use a variation.

1,1,1 xx spear - njp - jk xx tp - jk xx tp. Afterwards, you can go for a deep jump kick, and it tracks the tech roll
I think this is the safest one and do you mean 1,1, spear, njp, b2, jk, tele, jk, tele, tele? I'm in the lab and this is safe from KL's spin tech rolled or not. If you add a D1 before the tele then he can spin u without tech rolling.

Also the air throw into teleport can be beat by tech rolled wake-ups.

When I have time I'll compile all of these into the OP.

I think this is the safest one and do you mean 1,1, spear, njp, b2, jk, tele, jk, tele, tele? I'm in the lab and this is safe from KL's spin tech rolled or not. If you add a D1 before the tele then he can spin u without tech rolling.

Also the air throw into teleport can be beat by tech rolled wake-ups.

When I have time I'll compile all of these into the OP.
Air throw cannot be tech rolled. You can use a late tech roll, but Scorp will be already be on top of you by then.

It's sneaky tech because they won't expect it. It only loses to wakeup attacks under 10f. If they don't wakeup they can't punish you because it has no recovery once you've landed.

ryublaze

Noob
Air throw cannot be tech rolled. You can use a late tech roll, but Scorp will be already be on top of you by then.

It's sneaky tech because they won't expect it. It only loses to wakeup attacks under 10f. If they don't wakeup they can't punish you because it has no recovery once you've landed.
My bad, I forgot that it can't be tech rolled lol. Then yeah fast wake-ups can beat it.

Oki game:
Throw 50/50
After a throw Scorpion gets a free Hellfire. It cannot be jumped, so the only way out is a wakeup attack. It's crucial that you know how to punish every characters wakeup attacks. If they guess wrong that's your opportunity to get damage. It's good oki because your forcing your opponent to use wakeup attacks.

Whiffed Teleport
Some moves offer enough advantage on hit to get in a free teleport. It's great oki because it allows Scorpion to continue pressure, use his 50/50, or bait wakeup attacks. Here are some setups;
En Teleport - on hit, grants a free whiffed TP
3,3,4 - same as En TP.
Air throw - has strict timing, gets beat by wakeup attacks under 10f.
1,1 xx spear - njp - jik xx TP - jik xx TP - d1 xx TP gets beat by wakeup attacks under 10f.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'd just like to comment...... if you play lik ea high level player... using 1,1,1 to build meter and create space.... you'll eventually catch someone with 1,1,1 spear.

Kudos to Raptor. I was pretty skeptical myself..... but I thought what the heck.

3,3,4 on hit giving a whiffed teleport is very interesting. Thanks KOE.... i'd of never known that.