What's new

Combo List - Scorpion Scorpion Official Combo Thread - Post all Scorpion Combos here(Pre patch thread with obsolete info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redk9

Noob
Can anyone instruct me on how to teleport cancel backwards? I can teleport cancel next to them consistently. I am aware it takes 2 bars of stamina. Thats not the issue im having. For some reason i hold forward after teleporting and it doesn't come out

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Can anyone instruct me on how to teleport cancel backwards? I can teleport cancel next to them consistently. I am aware it takes 2 bars of stamina. Thats not the issue im having. For some reason i hold forward after teleporting and it doesn't come out
It's proximity-based. Reset your position, walk forward a little, and now try it.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Inferno Scorpion online?
Mash demon drop and low demon, take advantage of the lag to spam all minions from full screen, mid and overhead demon recover faster than low demon, low demon catches people by surpries when they're techrolling.

214 overhead deamon and D4 overhead demon should be something to use in really laggy matches, mix up with telecancels from time to time.

punish bnb
214~tp, 21~ARISE!!, slight walk backwards, Ji2, 21~spear, Ji1, 21~TP (this setups up his vortex)

Lowstarter
B3~low Demon, 214~tp, 21~spear, walk backwards, Ji2, 21~mid demon (this sets up frame traps)

Vortex
After the last teleport to reset scorpion is at +18:
B3 to catch who blocks standing after it
F4 to catch who blocks low, but is rather slow, so rather to condition them with F2 to find an oportunity to catch them low.

Vortex Breaker
When you do the punish BnB after the spear, you can Ji1 F4, it doesn't link so if they block crouching, the F4 will start another combo so be sure to cancel with ex Spear (safe option), or low demon (who punishes online? lol) so you can loop it back everytime.

Ninjutsu guide
mash F2 or B4 on wakeups, it has double hitting proprieties, so it stuffs out most of the armor in the game when performed as a meaty attack, is -11 on block and hits mid, if you max range the reach to the tips of the blade it becomes a nightmare to punish, which will actually grant you a lot of punishes in return.

B2 is the best AA in the game assuming they're not too close, F2 too. Use teleport Cancel to escape the unavoidable jump ins and sudden runs that you cant B2 or F2 on prediction or reaction.

Hellfire
Offline friendly, requires a lot of fireballs run cancels so don't bother to use this one online, Ninjutsu is a gold mine against wakeup scrubs, Inferno is so dumb that most scrubs in general can't tell the difference between Kara demon and low Demon.

LOL
My hero <3

So I guess 114 tele 21 is too hard online compared to 214 tele 21 yeah?

as there are no ninjitsu combos here, ill just post these meterless bnbs i found after an hour in the lab. they are all around the 25%, i tried multiple options and those were the highest damaging i could find, also they leave you very + after the knockdown. the overhead and low can be made safe if you mb the spear. in juggle 1 and 2 you can add a njp after the f2/b2, i wouldnt recommend it for an online bnb though.

punisher:
123~bf1,ji1, 214~db3, 214~db3 28%

overhead:
f4~bf1, ji1 214~db3, 214~db3

low:
b3~bf1, ji1 214~db3, 214~db3

juggle 1:
f2, jf3~db3, 11~bf1, ji1 214~db3,

juggle 2:
b2 jf3~db3, 11~bf1, ji1 214~db3

medleyoz

Noob
I've got a noob question here as MKX is really my first time at trying to get good at a fighting game. So why do a lot of combos for inferno start with the 214 string? The frame data says this is -14 on block so is pretty unsafe? What am I missing? are these mainly used as punish combos? Cheers for the help just trying to level up my game as I've been trying to avoid these unsafe options but not having much luck opening opponents up to get some combo's going.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I've got a noob question here as MKX is really my first time at trying to get good at a fighting game. So why do a lot of combos for inferno start with the 214 string? The frame data says this is -14 on block so is pretty unsafe? What am I missing? are these mainly used as punish combos? Cheers for the help just trying to level up my game as I've been trying to avoid these unsafe options but not having much luck opening opponents up to get some combo's going.
I use it mainly because of the many options you have after the 214, if they block your 214, fire out a falling demon or the demon that attacks from behind straight after you input the 214, in my experience online, it leaves you with enough time to get out of there or continue with a 123 mix up.

Online I find I get away with jip 214 demon fall d3 xx 123 demon grab into combo. I no it won't work against good players but it does the job against noobish players.

TDD

Noob
Is it just me or does the game do ARISE even when you enter 214 db 3 correctly? It looks like you have to delay your interrupt on purpose for it to work. Everything in controls menu is set to off.
http://a.pomf.se/rxprpw.webm
Ok, this thing definitely keeps happening no matter what the settings if I put in 213 rapidly and then do db3. I have to do 213 very slowly and only after that transition into TP. It's so annoying and it's literally losing me games (not only do I not get full damage from the combo, it gives the enemy crapload of time to do whatever he wants if I start my combo with arise).

medleyoz

Noob
I use it mainly because of the many options you have after the 214, if they block your 214, fire out a falling demon or the demon that attacks from behind straight after you input the 214, in my experience online, it leaves you with enough time to get out of there or continue with a 123 mix up.

Online I find I get away with jip 214 demon fall d3 xx 123 demon grab into combo. I no it won't work against good players but it does the job against noobish players.
Ok cheers. So its basically throw out 214 and if it hits continue with a combo but if blocked do a demon. It's this sort of thinking that I am missing,

Alright, I need to find a way to kill around 14 frames before the Flame Aura and still make this combo work in Hellfire:

b1~DoubleSpear, fj2, 21~FireBall(Delay), Run, 123~Teleport, Run, 2~FlameAura

Any ideas? This is key to making the Hellfire vortex as effective as the Inferno vortex.

Ok cheers. So its basically throw out 214 and if it hits continue with a combo but if blocked do a demon. It's this sort of thinking that I am missing,
Minion Drop is actually around -11 frames on block and Minion Charge is around -7 frames so they're both definitely punishable in the right situation. No idea why frame data says they're -27 and -21 respectively though :confused:

What's Vortex?
The idea behind Vortex is you do a combo that puts the opponent in a situation where they're forced to guess and, if they guess wrong, you do another combo that puts the opponent in a situation where they're forced to guess and, if they guess wrong... etc. Like this:

~~~~~

I updated my Inferno Scorp video with a few minor optimizations and a handful of grounded AA options that are all pretty risky but whatever, sometimes you want to make the read and try an AA.

Meterless into Vortex
114~TP, 21~MG, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 31%
123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, 3~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 35%
b2, Run, 214~TP, 21~Spear, fj2, 3~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 28%
nj2, Walk Forward, 214~TP, 21~Spear, fj2, 3~MG, fj2, 4~Spear 34%
Spear, fj2, 214~TP, 21~MG, fj2, 4~TP 25%
MG, Run(as needed), fj2, 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 31%
214~TP, 21~MG, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 36% (10f punish combo, not a hitconfirm)
b3~Spear, fj2, 214~TP, 21~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 27% (low, not a hitconfirm)
f4~Spear, fj2, 214~TP, 21~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 31% (overhead, not a hitconfirm)

Anti-air into Vortex
d1, Run, 214~TP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, 3~MG, fj2, 4~TP 34%
b2, Run, 214~TP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, 3~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 28%
4~TP, Run, 4~MG, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 37%
fj3~TP, nj2, Walk Forward, 21~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 34%

1 Meter into Vortex
exTP, Run, 214~TP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, 3~MG, fj2, 4~TP
b3~exSpear, fj2, 214~TP, 21~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 29% (low, -5f on block)
f4~exSpear, fj2, 214~TP, 21~MG, Walk Forward, fj2, 4~TP 33% (overhead, -5f on block)

Again, there's no real point in using meter for anything else outside of wakeup and vortex. It's certainly not worth giving up a safe mixup for an extra 4% in a BnB especially considering the fact that you can get the same amount of guaranteed chip damage after the combo. AFAIK the only thing that can punish exSpear is Tempest Kung Lao exSpin.

Any time you have a Walk Forward/Back after a MG you can reverse the direction to end with a side-switch if necessary. If you want Oki instead of Vortex for any reason, you can replace the final 4~TP in any of these combos with b32f2.

~~~~~

I also went ahead and did a Hellfire Scorp video. For the most part, he feels like a higher execution but stronger version of Inferno. Maybe he loses a bit in zoning but honestly, if you're playing Scorp you want to RTSD. I actually didn't realize until just now that you can do a FBC after b3 so any low mixups in the video below aren't actually optimal. I'll update the video later.

Meterless into Vortex
114~TP, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 30%
123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 36%
b2, Run, 214~TP, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 30%
nj2, Walk Forward, 214~TP, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 35%
Spear, fj2, 21~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP 23%
FA, 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, 21~FBC, 4~TP 35%
b3~Spear, fj2, 21~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP 25% (low, not a hitconfirm)
b3~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 4~TP 33% (low)
f4~Spear, fj2, 21~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP 29% (overhead, not a hitconfirm)
f4~FA, 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, 21~FBC, 4~TP 40% (overhead, not a hitconfirm)

Anti-air into Vortex
d1, Run, 214~TP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 36%
b2, Run, 214~TP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 30%
4~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 37%
fj3~TP, nj2, Walk Forward, 4~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 35%

1 Meter into Vortex
exTP, Run, 214~TP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 32%
b3~exSpear, fj2, 21~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP 27% (low, -5f on block)
f4~exSpear, fj2, 21~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP 31% (overhead, -5f on block)

Most of these vortex combos are timed out so you will always have the FA available when you need it. For any combos that end with FA, 4~TP, if you then go directly into a f4~(ex)Spear mixup you should try to stretch any extra frames you have to ensure that the FA will wear off in time to be used again to end the combo.

If you go out of FA, 4~TP into a b3~(ex)Spear mixup, your FA will not wear off in time meaning you have to end the combo with b32f2. That said, you should always have your FBC available in those situations so there shouldn't be any reason to Spear instead. If you decide to go into 114 or 123 after vortex you need to replace everything after fj2 with 21~FBC, 21~FA, 4~TP

Also going out of vortex into raw Spear, FA or exTP won't work right, but why would you do that?

If your execution is really good you can replace (almost?) all instances of 21~FBC with 3~FBC but you're losing valuable link frames on both sides if you do that. I'm not that good but if you're looking for optimal, that seems to be the way to go.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Guys we have plenty of combos by know, the idea of this thread is to have useful optimized combos to use in tournaments, its not a library for all possible combos inferno scorpion or hellfire can do.

But don't hold yourself up though, keep posting your findings independent of being or not updated to the Op, having new ways to use combo also help top players in ways to optimize them.

Train

Noob
started to play Scorpion a bit.. and I have question. Is there any point using EX TP as combo extender in Bnb ? like this combo:
114 tp 21 MG jip 114 EX tp run 21 spear cross jip 21 Minion Charge ? (I can't make this combo yet, but I guess it's like 34% or so ? without EX TP is 30% ?

SEV

Noob
In Hellfire, if your combo has a restand(Spear/Flame Aura/Fireball Cancel), you can end it with D2 into the guaranteed ex Hell Fire in a closing situation if the extra 9% will kill.

I'm sure it's known since that tech is known, just didn't see it listed, but it has the potential to be ridiculously good, and is his highest possible damage output for 1 bar I think ranging from 40%-49%.

113 starter: 40%

214 starter: 45%

123 starter: 46%

Air to Air: 43%

F4 FA starter: 49%

unless a patch came out that made the first combos not possible, then no.
Well, no, but they're basically duplicates of the new combos with like, one different attack and 1-2% less damage.

started to play Scorpion a bit.. and I have question. Is there any point using EX TP as combo extender in Bnb ? like this combo:
114 tp 21 MG jip 114 EX tp run 21 spear cross jip 21 Minion Charge ? (I can't make this combo yet, but I guess it's like 34% or so ? without EX TP is 30% ?
Nope. Much better to save it to make your vortex combos safe, for breakers, or exTP as a wakeup option. Unless you really need that extra damage to kill. Also TP is a better ender than Minion Charge, gives you significantly more + frames .

Train

Noob
Nope. Much better to save it to make your vortex combos safe, for breakers, or exTP as a wakeup option. Unless you really need that extra damage to kill. Also TP is a better ender than Minion Charge, gives you significantly more + frames .
what's the damage % difference? without ex tp , combo should do 30%, and with Ex tp 34%?

Status
Not open for further replies.