What's new

(UPDATED as of 7/13/2014!) Update on Mortal Kombat 9 Side Tournament at EVO 2014, Top 4 Decided!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
UPDATE 2: The start time for MK9 Top 4 has been changed to 4:00 P.M. PST today. Stream channel remains the same - www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

UPDATE: Based on information from @Perfect Legend, the top 4 is set to resume at 1:00 P.M. PST tomorrow at Arturo Sanchez's stream channel. Keep an eye on www.twitch.tv/nycfurby to witness the conclusion of MK9 at EVO 2014!

Today, the Mortal Kombat 9 community took it upon themselves to host a side-tournament for their favorite fighting game after the conclusion of the Injustice world finals. However, due to the 3/5 format, they were unable to finish all of the tournament today, so plans are being made to wrap up the finals for the Top 4 placers tomorrow. At this time, no schedule has been disclosed, but we can take this moment to update you on who made it this far and whose quests to glory had ended.

Going into the Top 8, we started off as follows:

Winner's Bracket
DAB (Liu Kang and Jax)
GGA 16 Bit (Kitana)
Forever King (Kung Lao, Kabal, and Freddy Krueger)
IC DJT 88 (Cyrax)

Loser's Bracket
FNATIC Perfect Legend (Kung Lao and Raiden)
RM KN CD Jr (Jax and Kung Lao
RG SonicFox (Sonya Blade)
WoundCowboy (Shang Tsung)
With half of the Top 8 having completed their matches, we now have DAB awaiting his opponent in Grand Finals while DJT patiently awaits the victor of Perfect Legend vs. SonicFox. Given the course of these matches, we could potentially have a new EVO champion for MK9 on our hands, but it is far too early to make that call. None of these matches have disappointed us in their delivery for hype!

The event was streamed at www.twitch.tv/streamofthehut, and for those worried about catching up, footage will be derived from that channel and posted onto Pig's YouTube. Until then, you can always check out the archives. :)

Bracket information can be seen here: http://challonge.com/MK9EVOFINALS

Check back tomorrow to find out when the final four will battle it out to determine their Mortal Kombat 9 champion for Evolution 2014!

Attachments

Last edited:
dab sends jupiter to losers in injusticce and makes top 8 winners in mk9 he had a good evo
i want dab to win mk real bad, but i'd be a little dissappointed with his level of skill not to make top 8 or even win the whole thing in injustice, because he is very capable. i wouldn't be too dissappointed though

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Mah boy @Cdjr with that KL corner setup. Godlike.

Great showing guys, everyone was sick.

Bit: " i aint going to losers, so f*it, time to go scrubby?" Crossup, 21~cutter, repeat, lol.

Haha craziest moment for me was when quamo said on stream he was gonna go CSZ against pig to troll him. Then he actually did and beat Pigs Kenshi. That was hilarious. Quamo was drunk and playing out of his mind. Honestly I thought the MK zoners Dave and Pig looked super rusty and I'd attribute that to them getting knocked out early, nevertheless it was pretty hilarious to watch Pig get beat by his original main.