What's new

RZR|CG Ketchup/Mustard 24 hour charity stream - SpecialEffect

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Hey there folks, Mustard here again just informing you all of something a little different that my brother and I are going to be doing.

SpecialEffect are a gaming charity who do amazing work in bringing the facilities to game to those who are severely disabled, handicapped, or otherwise unable to play games despite their love for them, and on behalf of Ludus Magnus, Ketchup and I will be raising money for them.

their work has been making big noise in the UK, and Ketchup and I had the pleasure of seeing them in action first hand at i49, where you could control a car in dirt 3 using nothing but your eye movements!

What I'm here to announce however, is Ketchup and I participating in SpecialEffect's "Gameblast" challenge, we will be running a 24 hour stream this saturday (22nd Feb) from noon GMT to the same time on Sunday, we are going to play various games from classic games to new, and of course we will stream a large amount of fighters later in the day.

We already have matches lined up with players in Killer Instinct, and Injustice, Ketchup and I will also be making a return to MK online, and should we meet our donation goal of £250, we will play the whole game in costume of Cyrax and Sektor!

There will be plenty of donation incentives to keep you watching, alongside plenty of giveaways and prizedraws, we plan on making this as entertaining as possible, and it's all for an amazing cause.

All information on the event and how to donate can be found here: http://www.justgiving.com/LudusMagnus-KetchupMustard

We will keep this thread updated with new donation incentives and a schedule of games for the stream, so we hope to see some of you this weekend when we go live.

Stream can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/pndketchup

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
:Reserved for donation incentives:

1. Should we reach out goal of £250 by the evening, Ketchup and I will play MK whilst wearing a Cyrax/Sektor outfit the entire time, whichever one the viewers would rather see will be decided by whichever makes the most money!

2. Chance to win a DC bobblehead by donating £5 or more during Injustice and correctly guessing how many pieces of rage mail Ketchup receives by playing Deathstroke online.

3. Chance to win a Street fighter by donating during Street Fighter 4 and correctly guessing how many ranked matches Ketchup and I can win by both controlling the fightstick (Ketchup on Joystick, Me on buttons)

- MORE TO COME -

Last edited:

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Ill try and donate if I think on this Saturday. Probably be rough from the gig the night before so chances are I will tune in. You should share this on other places too.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Updated with a couple more donation incentives, more on the way, feel free to throw any ideas you might have our way too!

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Everything almost in place for tommorow, exciting times indeed!

rough schedule:

12-5pm: Speedrunning segment

The two of us by no means no how to speedrun properly, our times are very mediocre by pro standards but we'll give it a go best we can!

Games include:
Turok Rage Wars - Two player trials
Perfect Dark XBLA - Co-op Agent
Spyro 2 - any %
Donkey Kong Country - any %
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Co-op glitchless

5-11pm: Multiplayer segment

Here is where we will be joined by some friends for some local multiplayer fun on consoles ranging from N64 all the way up to Xbox 360, we have all sorts to choose from game-wise from Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Mario tennis, Castle crashers and more!

11pm-8am: Fighting games segment

Here is where Ryan and I will begin the fighters, we plan on putting a few hours into all the games here, so we will see how it goes.

Games include:
Killer Instinct - Ranked matches, FT5 sets with VSM Maxter, and potentially others
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade edition 2012 - Ranked matches
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ranked matches, FT5 sets with Qwark and F0xy Grampa
Mortal Kombat 9 - Tag Ranked matches and Tag ladder
Killer Instinct Classic - Eyedol must finally be defeated

8am-12pm: SMITE

Nothing complicated, just 4 solid hours of Smite goodness, where Ryan and I will (fingers crossed) be joined by some friends over the internet for some Arena, Joust, and Assault craziness.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
So far we've raised over 20% of our target, hope to see some more of you guys watching as the day goes on, we really wanna smash this goal!

feats so far:

Perfect Dark - agent co op: beaten in 44 mins
Turok Rage Wars - two player trials: Beaten in 59 mins
Spyro 2 - any% glitched: beaten in 44 mins
Donkey Kong Country - glitchless all levels: beaten in 46 mins
Mystical ninja - two player co op: kicked our asses

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
raised a bit more money, so thank you to everyone who has donated so far!

next up ketchup and I will do a completel playthrough of Mario Kart 64, 150CC

please come say hi, and chip in a little money to the goal if you can!

9_Lives

Noob
Hey guys, I may not have much to time to actually join the stream (I'm kind of on the go. XP), but do you have paypal? I can donate through there if you'd like.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hey guys, I may not have much to time to actually join the stream (I'm kind of on the go. XP), but do you have paypal? I can donate through there if you'd like.
The site itself accepts Paypal yeah, I'm not sure how you'd go about navigating it if you're not using an actual PC though.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
the justgiving link allows payments through paypal, we don't handle a penny of the money, it just goes straight to the charity and not through us at all. :)

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
And that's a wrap!

Managed to raise £211.50 over the course of our 24 hour marathon, although we didn't meet our goal of £250, it's still awesome to have raised that much in such a short space of time.

A MASSIVE thank you to everybody that tuned in and even gave a small donation towards such a great cause, it was great to chat to so many of you throughout the course of all our games, and we really hope you enjoyed it!

Another big thank you to everyone that shared our stream throughout the 24 hours too, you guys rock!

I also understand that our stream clashed with Winter Brawl, so it was a no brainer that things would be a little more quiet on the viewer count than usual, either way, we tried to just do the best we could with the resources we had.

It was great to represent Ludus Magnus for something so special, hope we did you guys proud!

Thanks to Stevie at giffgaff for letting us know about the marathon, glad to have contributed

I also wanna give a final thank you to UnequalledMedia for putting our stream graphics together, it looked awesome and everyone seemed to really like it.

And one last thing, thanks to our awesome mum who provided us with endless amounts of tea, definitely needed it!

Here's to a good cause that you all made a difference to, cheers!

- Ryan and Jake AKA RZR|CG Ketchup and Mustard

9_Lives

Noob
Good shit guys, sorry I wasn't able to make it on there. I pretty much worked myself ragged from the morning on and ko'd as soon as I got home. :(