What's new

Guide - A-List Run Cancel Frame Data

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
True. It is my first day trying them lol. But seems extremely tight. Dont know how people will get the F2 to jail like xara said. I feel like standing 1 hit box isnt that great and whiffs a lot.
F2 jails into F2, but it won't happen consistently to anyone. You have to do a lot of cancels in every match, being frame perfect on every single one is impossible. Losing a couple frames due to execution is pretty normal

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
True. It is my first day trying them lol. But seems extremely tight. Dont know how people will get the F2 to jail like xara said. I feel like standing 1 hit box isnt that great and whiffs a lot.
F2 SKRC into 1 is actually one of the few that's totally consistent because your opponent has to block the F2 standing obviously. If you can't get it to jail, you gotta just do it faster. It's a very fast cancel, much quicker than you think it even possible at first.

F2 SKRC into 1 is actually one of the few that's totally consistent because your opponent has to block the F2 standing obviously. If you can't get it to jail, you gotta just do it faster. It's a very fast cancel, much quicker than you think it even possible at first.
so dizzy... you think the MKX knee is better than the MK9 one? I strongly think that NO move in this game should be more than +6 or 7 on block. Having moves that make you +15-20 have no room in fighting games. IMO A-List is flying under the radar. He is high execution and very few people understand why he is so good. I look forward to you showing them. Imagine if Lui Kang had cage's d4 or knee.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
so dizzy... you think the MKX knee is better than the MK9 one? I strongly think that NO move in this game should be more than +6 or 7 on block. Having moves that make you +15-20 have no room in fighting games. IMO A-List is flying under the radar. He is high execution and very few people understand why he is so good. I look forward to you showing them. Imagine if Lui Kang had cage's d4 or knee.
Not too interested in talking about general fighting game philosophy on this thread. You were in here earlier and got your posts deleted for trying to bring attention to your thread. If I was interested in commenting in it, I would have.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
So the new input for the skrc is no longer like doing BF[4], FF+blk. It's more like doing BF[4], F,F, BLK, BLK. If you do that he'll do the run cancel. I'm not sure the frame data is the same on block since he's technically dashing and that cancels into a run at some point mid-animation but he IS safe against Cassie's flip kick (that is from F3 and 114, the only ones I tried it on). The downside is that I can't get anything to jail after that.

I don't know, I only DL'd the patch and I haven't read much about Cage so maybe this is old or not full developed/tested information. Just trying to help a bit, y'know? Thoughts anyone?

The only way I can make 113 safe by MOST specials that don't advance etc is by doing SKBDC lol

coolwhip

Noob
Not too interested in talking about general fighting game philosophy on this thread. You were in here earlier and got your posts deleted for trying to bring attention to your thread. If I was interested in commenting in it, I would have.
lol I laughed so hard at this. That's like...the meanest thing you've ever said on TYM. Says a lot, now that I think about it.

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
Guys i really like to watch this thread growing with the nice info about johnny, and because you guys really understand the i wanted to ask how to create a true blockstring with 2 cancels inside of it, i saw a youtube clip of kslims i believe and he was doing: 333 skrc (i believe) 114 skrc 214.

How i am doing te cancels right now is for example: 114 immediately shadow kick holding 4 wait till the very beginning animation of the shadow kick ff block - pressing the next string as fast as i can.

I am really frustrated because everytime i cancel the first one i have more then 50% stamina left and when i want to start the my next string skrc it makes that awfull sound of NO your tired johnny you dont have stamina left.

Hope you guys can help me!

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Guys i really like to watch this thread growing with the nice info about johnny, and because you guys really understand the i wanted to ask how to create a true blockstring with 2 cancels inside of it, i saw a youtube clip of kslims i believe and he was doing: 333 skrc (i believe) 114 skrc 214.

How i am doing te cancels right now is for example: 114 immediately shadow kick holding 4 wait till the very beginning animation of the shadow kick ff block - pressing the next string as fast as i can.

I am really frustrated because everytime i cancel the first one i have more then 50% stamina left and when i want to start the my next string skrc it makes that awfull sound of NO your tired johnny you dont have stamina left.

hey man i play johnny you should show us a video to let us help you :)

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
So the new input for the skrc is no longer like doing BF[4], FF+blk. It's more like doing BF[4], F,F, BLK, BLK. If you do that he'll do the run cancel. I'm not sure the frame data is the same on block since he's technically dashing and that cancels into a run at some point mid-animation but he IS safe against Cassie's flip kick (that is from F3 and 114, the only ones I tried it on). The downside is that I can't get anything to jail after that.

I don't know, I only DL'd the patch and I haven't read much about Cage so maybe this is old or not full developed/tested information. Just trying to help a bit, y'know? Thoughts anyone?

The only way I can make 113 safe by MOST specials that don't advance etc is by doing SKBDC lol
they said the run cancel thing was a mistake and will be hot fixed ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
@GGA Dizzy Any luck getting close to the same advantage off skrc after this patch?

I cant get my f3skrc to jail let alone b34, f2, f24, d4, 114(!!!!!!)

I dont know what they did but basically the timing changed and I am past the point of relearning this, I already had to use SD in a tournament last week because I couldnt hit a single cancel on the setups ... I played for like 10 hours the previous night doing perfect cancels, and get to the tournament and cant cancel f3]4 because theres a second of delay on that monitor lol, so enough of that crap

rafaw

#YouSuck

You just need to thight your cancels up, to make 2 cancels possible, you have to be with more than a bar on the second cancels, if you have just a bit more than a bar it wont come out!
I used to do cancels just like you, 114sk as fast as i can, then hold 4 and wait to input ff+block, but once i started using 114 wait for the time of the sk to input it, then i do skrc... its way more consistent to get almost perfect run cancels.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
@GGA Dizzy Any luck getting close to the same advantage off skrc after this patch?

I dont know what they did but basically the timing changed and I am past the point of relearning this, I already had to use SD in a tournament last week because I couldnt hit a single cancel on the setups ... I played for like 10 hours the previous night doing perfect cancels, and get to the tournament and cant cancel f3]4 because theres a second of delay on that monitor lol, so enough of that crap
its getting hotfixed bro

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
You just need to thight your cancels up, to make 2 cancels possible, you have to be with more than a bar on the second cancels, if you have just a bit more than a bar it wont come out!
I used to do cancels just like you, 114sk as fast as i can, then hold 4 and wait to input ff+block, but once i started using 114 wait for the time of the sk to input it, then i do skrc... its way more consistent to get almost perfect run cancels.
Thank you my man i will try it out, with wait for the right time you just at the end of the steing right?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
NRS said that the run cancels will be completely fixed soon, in the next patch (along with tanya throw bug).

It's probably not a great idea to practice A-list cancels in the current state, this situation will not last for long.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

I haven't tested it much. I'm playing in a tournament this weekend running on prepatch (tremor patch), so I'm practicing in the prepatch version for the next few days.

I'll take like 10 mins to just test my cancels to see if I agree with you though. I haven't had a chance to look at it since last night's hotfix (can buffer run again)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I haven't tested it much. I'm playing in a tournament this weekend running on prepatch (tremor patch), so I'm practicing in the prepatch version for the next few days.

I'll take like 10 mins to just test my cancels to see if I agree with you though. I haven't had a chance to look at it since last night's hotfix (can buffer run again)
Im only gonna put 10 minutes into it with the hotfix, if the timings changed then I honestly have no time for A list any more. Really hoping they announce wtf they did to cages 12, f24 and 21 though, something real fishy going on with cage and they didnt even put it in the notes.

rafaw

#YouSuck
It will change again in the next hotfix, so it will not have the 4f wait for the run to come out! right now its not how it should stay so its not that usefull to pratice right now.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Im only gonna put 10 minutes into it with the hotfix, if the timings changed then I honestly have no time for A list any more. Really hoping they announce wtf they did to cages 12, f24 and 21 though, something real fishy going on with cage and they didnt even put it in the notes.
Yeah, understandable. Either way, starting in a week or two from now I'll do an investigation into the patch changes (JC specifically) that you'd expect from me. Just prioritizing the tournament for now.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah, understandable. Either way, starting in a week or two from now I'll do an investigation into the patch changes (JC specifically) that you'd expect from me. Just prioritizing the tournament for now.
Sounds good, best of luck dude! I tested the startup on both 1 and 2 and neither of them have changed, so either they just played with the animations or the gravity on them.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Sounds good, best of luck dude! I tested the startup on both 1 and 2 and neither of them have changed, so either they just played with the animations or the gravity on them.
i think that they changed the 1 in the string 21... 2 is 9 frames but 1 feels faster than before to come out after the 2.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i think that they changed the 1 in the string 21... 2 is 9 frames but 1 feels faster than before to come out after the 2.
Yeah i know you said this earlier, we cant assume that though, the animation for standing 2 on its own seems really fast, maybe they just made this way to look like its hitting harder or something when they looked into hitboxes. Ideally we need some solid evidence rather than just going by what we all think.