What's new

Rumor: Mortal Kombat 10 Briefly Listed On Australian Online Shop

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
A rumor came to light yesterday that a listing for Mortal Kombat 10 maybe have briefly appeared on the Australian portal for a UK online games store, OZ Game Shop. Italian gaming site Games.it reports that the game was apparently added to the catalog, and then quickly removed shortly thereafter. The date listed on the site was reportedly 'November 22' -- although Nov. 2015 would likely make more sense, given that no official announcement for the game has been made yet.

Although this is entirely hearsay and nothing has been confirmed, fans of the Mortal Kombat series have been eagerly expecting the announcement of a new title, and the introduction of the franchise to next-generation systems. With Kiefer Sutherland divulging in an interview that he'd been working on a new MK title, anticipation is at an all-time high, and followers have been on the lookout for any tidbits or clues.

For more information, check out the original article, as translated by Google:

Translated Article: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.games.it/pc-games/news/mortal-kombat-10-annunciato-a-breve.html

Source: @MKServer on Twitter

Attachments

Last edited:

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
If Netherealm follows the same schedule, we should get an announcement at EVO and E3 this year with a TBA release date. Then an official release date around fall this year. November 2015 is later then I expected but that still works for me. Just in time for NEC that year.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
This new game every other year schedule is going to wear NRs out and lead to mediocre games. That's exactly what happened with the 3D MK games, i.e. a new game every two years and as time went by they got worse and worse. MKDA (awesomeness) > MKD (also awesomeness, but a bit too broken) > MKA (terrible game) = MK vs. DC (mediocre, bland, below average game).

Not only that, but lower quality games lead to lower profits long term, hence Midway going out of business around the same time as MK vs. DC came out is no coincidence at all. Only after the rights to MK were bought by Warner Brothers and the MK team took their time (3 years) to make a good, quality game, was MK9 released and it became a sensation, just like the old school 2D games. As a result, NRS's reputation was bolstered, along with theirs and WB's profits.

So what's the moral of the story?! Take your time and make a good game, and higher profits and popularity will follow. Two years is not enough. MK10 should not come out before 2016.

We, the fans, also have a role to play in the above scenario. Meaning, stop harassing the developers and demanding a new game before the current one hasn't even reached half of its lifespan. The majority of people on these boards remind me of spoiled 10 years old kids in a candy store, "I want a new game, I want a new, I want a new game"! Cool your tempers and have some patience.

Ok, rant over. Come at me.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
This new game every other year schedule is going to wear NRs out and lead to mediocre games. That's exactly what happened with the 3D MK games, i.e. a new game every two years and as time went by they got worse and worse. MKDA (awesomeness) > MKD (also awesomeness, but a bit too broken) > MKA (terrible game) = MK vs. DC (mediocre, bland, below average game).

Not only that, but lower quality games lead to lower profits long term, hence Midway going out of business around the same time as MK vs. DC came out is no coincidence at all. Only after the rights to MK were bought by Warner Brothers and the MK team took their time (3 years) to make a good, quality game, was MK9 released and it became a sensation, just like the old school 2D games. As a result, NRS's reputation was bolstered, along with theirs and WB's profits.

So what's the moral of the story?! Take your time and make a good game, and higher profits and popularity will follow. Two years is not enough. MK10 should not come out before 2016.

We, the fans, also have a role to play in the above scenario. Meaning, stop harassing the developers and demanding a new game before the current one hasn't even reached half of its lifespan. The majority of people on these boards remind me of spoiled 10 years old kids in a candy store, "I want a new game, I want a new, I want a new game"! Cool your tempers and have some patience.

Ok, rant over. Come at me.
But its been three years since MK9 has been out, going on four years when 2015 comes around.I think that's enough time for them to developed a new MK game IMO.

I think a huge reason for me personally that NRS is working on a new Fighting Game is because Pako is always in every IGAU stream, when they were working on IGAU, Pako was always on every MK9 stream, I think he's taking notes or observing to improve MK10.

McCarron

Noob
Well, release dates for MK9 PC and Injustice Ultimate Edition were leaked by foreign online stores
Yeah it's common that foreign arms of WB to leak products early. But I've yet to see a screenshot of this MK10 listing on the store website at all. Very odd in all honestly.

The November release date makes no sense to me because that means going against the big heavy hitters this fall. As much as I'd love to see it out sell COD, I just don't see that happening. WB Games also already has a game in the fall release window, Arkham Knight and they so far have avoided competing with themselves. I honestly feel it'll have NRS's normal cycle as the last two games: we'll see an announcement the week before E3 for a release next spring. They sell really well with their Spring release dates, I see no reason to change that.

I think a huge reason for me personally that NRS is working on a new Fighting Game is because Pako is always in every IGAU, stream, when they were working on IGAU, Pako was always on every MK9 stream, I think he's like taking notes or something or observing.
Someone has been stalking Pako a bit... ;) I just think he likes to watch game streams all day.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Here is what I find interesting. - The Australian online store OZ Shop Games has added Mortal Kombat 10 list, but then immediately delete the page on the game. According to reports, the output would be scheduled for November 22 on PC, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PSVita.

Previous gen consoles?
Personally I'm hyped for that.
if its coming out on ps3 and 360 odds are its coming out before 2015...

Yeah it's common that foreign arms of WB to leak products early. But I've yet to see a screenshot of this MK10 listing on the store website at all. Very odd in all honestly.

The November release date makes no sense to me because that means going against the big heavy hitters this fall. As much as I'd love to see it out sell COD, I just don't see that happening. WB Games also already has a game in the fall release window, Arkham Knight and they so far have avoided competing with themselves. I honestly feel it'll have NRS's normal cycle as the last two games: we'll see an announcement the week before E3 for a release next spring. They sell really well with their Spring release dates, I see no reason to change that.

Someone has been stalking Pako a bit... ;) I just think he likes to watch game streams all day.
Haha, I always check viewer list to see if he's there, or maybe he likes to watch, who knows, but for a programmer, it might be a bit distracting to sit and watch streams all day.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
Even though it's just a rumor, I hope it's not tru. I want NRS to have more time to work on a killer game and to at least release it on 2015. Hell yeah I want a new MK right now if possible, but I'd rather they take their time.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
This has to be a lie, NRS needs at least 2 years to years to work in mk10.
They recently finished injustice, I don't see how they could close to finishing mk10.
They should skip mk10 and go straight to INJ 2, that's where the money is at.

They recently finished injustice, I don't see how they could close to finishing mk10.
honestly i think this is just a stretch considering that your right they just finished injustice not to mention that mk9 is going on its 4th year i belive 3 at evo this is the first year its not so i hope injustice will see at least another 2 before we know there is a release day set

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.

Not only that, but lower quality games lead to lower profits long term, hence Midway going out of business around the same time as MK vs. DC came out is no coincidence at all.
Though I'm all for not rushing development, that isn't exactly the story of Midway. I don't remember the numbers for MKA, but I know MKD and MkvsDC both sold very well. Midway didn't go under because MK wasn't selling well; they tanked because of constant legal trouble and poor sales among other games. They were pumping out MK games so quickly to stay afloat, and even though that ultimately hurt the quality of MK, the games still sold very well. If I remember correctly, Midway got into shit with the actual development team because they refused to pay out bonuses to Boon and Co. (which they were contractually obligated to do after MKvsDC's sales met goal).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I was curious about this, so I did some searching around. Actually, MK9 sold more copies ;p