What's new

Roster guessing game ...

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Due to the lack of revealed character I thought we could do a guessing game. Ed confirmed we'll get +30 character, and in a tweet he kinda confirmed it'll be like half and half returning characters, I thought we could do a guessing game, and Idk the winner gets a ... cookie idk lol. Since we know Scorpion, SubZ, Raiden and Kano are back we'll be guessing 11 more characters.

Here are my guesses:

1-Johnny Cage
2-Quan Chi
3-Ermac
4-Reptile
5-Liu Kang (zombie or watever)
6-Mileena
7-Kitana (there's no MK without her and I'm pretty sure she'll be used to turn Liu Kang evil)
8-Tanya
9-Fujin
10-Shinnok
11-Rain ( yes I know he kinda said he wont make it as a DLC but he didnt say he wont make it in the main roster)

What's your guess on the roster

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I heard only 8 characters from mk9 are coming back, currently we know kano,raiden,scorp, sub and gopro are in so doesn't that leave only 3 slots for mk9 characters? I predict the three will be ermac/reptile ,mileena and quan chi.

Last edited:

ramy_92

I heard onOh 8 characters from mk9 are coming back, currently we know kano,raiden,scorp, sub and gopro are in so doesn't that leave only 3 slots for mk9 characters? I predict the three will be ermac/reptile ,mileena and quan chi.
no Ed on twitter kinda hinted that the row above is all returning characters and the below row is new blood, there was 8 empty slots and Goro is DLC, and later ed boon confirmed that the game will have +30 character so yeah we should guess 11 :p and its just for fun that's all :D

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
no Ed on twitter kinda hinted that the row above is all returning characters and the below row is new blood, there was 8 empty slots and Goro is DLC, and later ed boon confirmed that the game will have +30 character so yeah we should guess 11 :p and its just for fun that's all :D
yeah,but the returning characters could be returning from non-mk9 mk games. this means characters like shinnok, tremor and tanya for example.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Based all this on my Ed Boon twitter character mentions and hints thread, even the strange choice of Sereena.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/updated-using-hints-by-ed-boon-that-alluded-to-kano-confirm-to-decipher-other-hints-confirms.45406/

Returning overall: 18

Playable first time: 14

Total cast: 34 including Goro and initial DLC

Returning from mk9:

1-Johnny Cage
2-Sonya
3-Ermac
4-Reptile
5-Liu Kang
6-Mileena
7-Kitana
8-Sektor
9-Cyrax
10-Quan Chi

Returning from other Mks:

11- Sereena
12-Tanya
13- Shinnok
14-Fujin

New characters:

15-Tremor

Last edited:

ramy_92

yeah but too many are returning chatracters from mk9. we're only getting 3/4 more returning characters from mk9
i don't believe that, I actually picked the 11 based on smth,

1-Johnny Cage was confirmed accidentally in an interview, and they said we'll see the new blood interacting with our favorite aged characters
2-Quan Chi should basically be punished for what he did to everyone, he can't be ignored story wise
3-Ermac, his concept art was leaked, mentioned a lot and everyone is curious what will happen to him after shao kahn's death, maybe he'll be a bigger villain or a new hero
4-Reptile, mentioned A LOT on twitter by Ed boon, and I think he deserves a chance to shine and not to be just a shang tsung body guard lol
5-Liu Kang, in the end of MK9 Raiden left and took sonya, cage and Liu Kang's body and we all know he's coming back
6-Mileena, she didn't die and she's Shao Kahn's daughter so I'm pretty sure she'll play a good role in the story mode, facing kotal kahn
7-Kitana, like i said she'll be the evil spirit that transforms Liu Kang from good to evil, it shows how she made Liu Kang go nuts, Kung Lao's death compared to Kitana's IS NOTHING, i mean he was like ok we had to lose some lol.
8-Tanya, I think based on her MK4 ending, she's the new tricky member that's causing everyone to fight and everyone is asking for her.
9-Fujin, Raiden needs a supporter, everyone is against him now and no one believes in him, Fujin was mentioned a lot on twitter too.
10-Shinnok, MK9 ending can't be just pointless, he appeared and he should finish what he did.
11-Rain, I have no reason lool I just want him to make it but I think Noob will have a higher chance making a comeback

ramy_92

Based all this on my Ed Boon twitter character mentions and hints thread, even the strange choice of Sereena.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/updated-using-hints-by-ed-boon-that-alluded-to-kano-confirm-to-decipher-other-hints-confirms.45406/

Returning overall: 18

Playable first time: 14

Total cast: 34 including Goro and initial DLC

Returning from mk9:

1-Johnny Cage
2-Sonya
3-Ermac
4-Reptile
5-Liu Kang
6-Mileena
7-Kitana
8-Sektor
9-Cyrax
10-Quan Chi

Returning from other Mks:

11- Sereena
12-Tanya
13- Shinnok
14-Fujin

New characters:

15-Tremor
I like that a lot, but the only 2 i have problem with are Sonya and Sereena, Sonya will just appear in the story mode but If Cassie and Johnny are in the game then its too much, specially cassie got Sonya's moves, she's more like her than Johnny, as for Sereena, I think she's a waste of space lol Idk she's not unique and story wise i don't see her fitting at all and i never liked her but yeah anything could happen :p

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I like that a lot, but the only 2 i have problem with are Sonya and Sereena, Sonya will just appear in the story mode but If Cassie and Johnny are in the game then its too much, specially cassie got Sonya's moves, she's more like her than Johnny, as for Sereena, I think she's a waste of space lol Idk she's not unique and story wise i don't see her fitting at all and i never liked her but yeah anything could happen :p
I agree about Sereena. I don't want her in either, but her connections to Quan Chi and Subzero does make for a good story character I guess.

That and Ed Boon's huge hinting toward her on twitter that everyone seems to forget.

Mst

Noob
Tanya, Quan Chi, Ermac, Reptile, Liu Kang, Skarlet, Shinnok, Cyrax for the returning ones. I think 12 Characters which were in a MK Game before, 12 new ones + Goro + 6-8 DLC - 31-33 Characters total.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Here is an 80% accurate guess guys...

With a total of exactly 32 characters, 14 of them being newcomers, here is my 18 returning characters:
(Confirmed - 5)
Kano, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero & Goro.
(My guess - 13)
Quan Chi, Shinnok, Tanya, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Mileena, Liu Kang, Sonya, Cage, Kenshi, Havik, Cyrax & Sektor.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Here is an 80% accurate guess guys...

With a total of exactly 32 characters, 14 of them being newcomers, here is my 18 returning characters:
(Confirmed - 5)
Kano, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero & Goro.
(My guess - 13)
Quan Chi, Shinnok, Tanya, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Mileena, Liu Kang, Sonya, Cage, Kenshi, Havik, Cyrax & Sektor characters that aren't these.
With that minor adjustment, this is probably the list to bet on.

Dark

Noob
1. Ermac
2. Reptile
3. Mileena
4. Quan Chi
5. Shinnok
6. Tanya
7. Kitana
8. Either Sonya or Johnny
9. Maybe some new version of Liu Kang

Not necessarily people I want in, but people who I think will be in.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
With that minor adjustment, this is probably the list to bet on.
I think that Cage and Sonya can be deleted from the list, but I'm thinking Kang as the new bad guy (after Shinnok is defeated halfway through story mode), Cyrax joining Raiden, Sektor being the Lin Kuei grandmaster and Kenshi.... well, being Kenshi! I don't know about Havik for sure, but since we've seen him co-op with Noob Saibot in Noob's ending I suppose it's quite possible seeing him return... Why do you think these particular characters won't be in ?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I think that Cage and Sonya can be deleted from the list, but I'm thinking Kang as the new bad guy (after Shinnok is defeated halfway through story mode), Cyrax joining Raiden, Sektor being the Lin Kuei grandmaster and Kenshi.... well, being Kenshi! I don't know about Havik for sure, but since we've seen him co-op with Noob Saibot in Noob's ending I suppose it's quite possible seeing him return... Why do you think these particular characters won't be in ?
I'll give it that Liu Kang is a wild card. I'd be wholly unsurprised if he's in or out, either way. Johnny/Sonya, I would hope would be a common sense "no" for the development team given Cassie Cage's existence. Well, I haven't paid attention to Cassie Cage, because no amount of money could make me care, but does she have nut punch? If she doesn't, Johnny Cage confirmed. I think one of the new characters should be a Cyrax/Sektor hybrid, we'll call it Russian Dressing... jokes aside, I just have a gut feeling not to bank on these guys returning, at least not on both. As for Kenshi, didn't Boon basically say that MK9 DLC was unlikely to make the roster for MKX? And didn't Havik requests get a "aw hell naw" out of Boon early on? Or was that Hsu Hao? I get confused.

Why is no one putting Bo Rai Cho on these lists? Dude could have three different fighting styles based on three different liquors. The puke special has different properties in all three.

cashthesehands

monster masher
The question on everybody's mind! Which ladies are returning. Given the usual NRS equation of a the roster being 20-25% females, and assuming we'll have 18 returning characters, we've got 4-5 slots:

1- Mileena - mostly cause she's the only one alive. Alternatively, Female reptile/mileena spawn. SEXY
2- Tanya - only new female from mk4. She was chained in the back for MK, seems a lock
3- Skarlet - bloody ninja. Don't think they're done with her
4- Jade - backstory with Tanya. Possession at end gives her a whole new move set. Make it happen.
5- Kitana? have a feeling she'll be DLC