What's new

RM NS ShinTristan wins Killer Instinct in Ruthless Mayhem's NEC '14 Qualifier!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yesterday evening, Ruthless Mayhem 2014 organized an online qualifier for its Killer Instinct division. The prize is a sponsorship for the winner, who will be guaranteed the chance to travel to next month's Northeast Championships to compete in their Killer Instinct tournament. Eight players responded to the challenge, fighting viciously for the chance to represent their team in the spotlight. Just when RM @Mcsquared2 was about to seize victory after resetting the bracket in Grand Finals, a plethora of lightning strikes and webbed knives signals a wrathful retaliation by RM NS ShinTristan, culminating in his victory!

RM Sponsorship Tourney Grand Finals.png
It is my honor to congratulate the man for a splendid performance yesterday, as well as acknowledge the rest of my members for playing their hearts out and demonstrating why our team is solid! If you missed out on the live stream, no need to fret, because below is a playlist of all matches prepared for your convenience, along with the Challonge bracket.

Tournament bracket: http://challonge.com/ofkw73eh

Full playlist of tournament matches: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAj6nX4MmwlLAS_TQtLnWI7JWXJHpXjNP

Commentary has been provided by yours truly, RM GamerBlake. To forestall any complaints that may come up, the issue with the mic cutting out randomly has been brought to my attention. Steps will be taken to erase that technical issue come our next sponsorship event, which will be a qualifier for Kumite in Tennessee 2015.

In addition, because ShinTristan has already been guaranteed for NEC '14 by his other sponsor (Team NS), we will simply cover his travel fees by sending him some funds to keep his car stocked with gasoline. And as Cloud is also guaranteed for NEC thanks to @RM xSTRANGERx, and Mcsquared is confirmed to be traveling to NEC, it will be Mcsquared's entry fees that will be covered. :)

Once again, congratulations to everybody who took part! I'm sure those who may be watching the footage right now won't be displeased with what they see...if you want a reason why, here's a hint: it involves a double K.O. :O

Check out the match log below!

Match Log

Winner's Bracket

RM Charlieboy (Orchid): 2 - RM KPB Crusher (Sabrewulf): 0

RM CLOUD (Glacius): 2 - RM McSquared2 (Sadira): 0

RM KPB Grief (Sadira): 2 vs. RM iiCeMaN (Glacius): 0

RM NS ShinTristan (Thunder): 2 vs. RM MorbidHoagie (Spinal): 1

Winner's Semifinals

RM CLOUD (Glacius): 2 vs. RM Charlieboy (Orchid and Maya): 0

RM KPB Grief (Sadira and Spinal): 1 vs. RM NS ShinTristan (Thunder): 2

Winner's Finals

RM NS ShinTristan (Thunder): 3 vs. RM CLOUD (Glacius): 1

Loser's Semifinals

RM Mcsquared2 (Maya): 2 vs. RM Charlieboy (Orchid): 0

Loser's Finals

RM Mcsquared2 (Maya): 3 vs. RM CLOUD (Thunder and Glacius): 1

Grand Finals

RM Mcsquared2 (Maya): 3 vs. RM NS ShinTristan (Thunder): 1

Grand Finals with brackets reset

RM Mcsquared2 (Maya and Sadira): 0 vs. RM NS ShinTristan (Sadira): 3

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
RM ICLOUD made a few mistakes and let that thunder player get away with too many dps and command throws but damn that comeback! I love that corner set up...

One question though! Do any of you guys know why he does liquidize after a throw to reset it? I feel like its a bad idea since liquidize is vunerable to all attacks but projectiles????