What's new

Richard Divizio Accepts Award From Doc Mack At The GGA

nwo

Noob
It's very cool that these guys still come together like this. I would have loved to be there.

These are the real actors from the game, and the game is the only reason the movie was ever made.

Edit: I think by the time the MK movie came out, MK2 and MK3 were already released in the arcade, right?

I saw Kung Lao also on the stream, the real Kung Lao. He still looks the same after all these years lol.

Last edited:

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
I was there as well, even snagged a pic with @YourMKArcadeSource who was teaching us some nasty tricks on UMK3! This event didn't disappoint, and I've saved a few recorded bits from the livestream as well. More pics tomorrow!

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Thanks Konqrr. Moe30w was the only person to beat me at both MK2 and UMK3. I actually feel pretty good about that to be honest. I dare say it was an honor losing to him. I had footage of my match against him in UMK3 but the camera lost focus and the footage was unusable. He random'd Sektor and just demolished my unmasked Subzero. Then he random'd again and demolished my Nightwolf. I did manage to get a 9-hit 50% combo on him, but that was about it. Oh well. Here's some random footage of MK2 from the tourney...

Johnny...were you able to snag my interview? They interviewed me on the live stream and was hoping someone had recorded it. Btw, great meeting you and indeed the evening was fun. Lots of great people and awesome atmosphere. Now it's back to playing at AI again for the next year.

Last edited:

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
Hey man it was nice meeting you too YourMKArcadeSource! Yeah, the whole stream was recorded dude! Here it is:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/496291964

And here's my pictures from the event!!

Here's the whole crew back together! Daniel had informed me it had been awhile since he has seen some of these guys!

Here's my friends Daniel Pesina and Mike having some fun!

Nothing like Kung Lao, Johnny Cage and Kano giving you a confidence boost (and some pointers) before the semi final round in the MK 2 tournament (I was Phaze 9 in the tourney).

Great picture of the guys signing autographs for everyone:

Kung Lao and I:

Doc Mack and GGA Fill Pops doing their thing:

Great looking group of guys! My friends and I having fun!

Danny and myself:

What's this?! Kano doing Johnny Cage's friendship on me!:

These were very good and they kept me and my buddies jacked the whole night. Suggest buying them when you go to GGA!:

And my autographs from GGA:

Gotcha! Jax and myself:

GGA Fillpops on the stream:

Jax having a good conversation with my friends:

The guys at GGA hard at work preparing the machines for the tournament!

The Injustice: Gods Among Us arcade machine:

Shang Tsung and myself:

Kano and myself:

Kano (Rich) hard at work signing autographs:

My overall review of the event:

This was amazing. Meeting the rest of the cast was awesome and it's really fun to hear what they're doing now and where they're at. Most of them are just regular guys with regular jobs and they have an absolute blast showing love to their fans. The weather was absolutely AWFUL, yet guys like Jax (John Parrish) were still dedicated enough to make the drive in from a little ways out. The fact these guys came here, for no money, on their own watch to spend time with guys like me, is AMAZING. They are truly selfless individuals and just a lot of fun to talk to. Rich was halarious, had a lot of fun input on the behind the scenes stuff on the old games and was just flat out fun to be around. Tony Marquez (Kung Lao) was also a blast to chat up and I found Phillip Ahn to be reserved, but still pretty dry and fun to chat up! I can't stress enough how lucky WE are as fans to have these guys around still. Doc Mack was hard at work but still had the time to talk to me about his fighting game that he is hard at work putting together "Dark Presence" and I cannot wait to see more of it! The other fans were great to talk to as well, finally met YourMKArcadeSource (whose videos have been essential for helping me with my own Mortal Kombat 2 cabinet) and saw the greats in person (Mo and 16 bit). Made it to the semi-finals, didn't think I'd even get past the first round given how great everyone was. The event was a blast, the arcades were great (got addicted to The Grid with my buddies!), and their pizza was awesome, I might add. Great times all around, and seriously recommend everyone go check out Galloping Ghost Arcade when they get the opportunity!

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Johnny_C4ge that's gotta be an awesome experience to win with Cage and have Daniel Pesina right behind you to congratulate you. Damn it I wish I could go to things like this!

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
@Konqrr Haha, yeah, even though I consider Danny a friend now, it was my first time being around him with the arcade. When he was behind me, the 12 year old in me freaked out haha! No pressure, right? Johnny Cage is right behind you, watching you win with him. It was probably the most euphoric, amazing feeling I've ever had! I never thought in a million years originally growing up and living in Ohio I'd ever experience that, if you told me when I was 15 that I'd experience that moment, I'd have laughed so hard and said "Yeah right!".

@YourMKArcadeSource bro you came across like a BOSS! Haha.

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
Thanks for posting those up, I didn't realize you had gotten all of this dude. Nice! By the way did they ever do a Mortal Kombat 4 tournament? Or did they just call it a night after UMK3? lol

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
They did MK1 after UMK3 and there was talk of MK9, but I don't know about MK4. It was only Rev 2 and that rev sucks so I doubt there were any participants.