What's new

Tech Reversing certain wake ups in the corner.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Did you find out just how the opponent has to do their wakeup?

For DS, doing down-left will give you a Flip... right?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Did you find out just how the opponent has to do their wakeup?

For DS, doing down-left will give you a Flip... right?

I didn't get to test that part because I had to go to work, I won't be able to check until tomorrow unless someone else does it for me.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Ok, I tested it, this looks DIRTY >:]

So here's the thing. Most of DS' basic combos give you enough time to do a proper dash > neutral jump > 2 > combo. You've got to dash INSIDE the opponent, and jump AS you are walking "in" them (about the time they would have to wake up). You can't be too fast, or too slow of course.

I had a bit of trouble getting the timing down at first, but if you know the visuals, you can do it just fine.

So I tested some of its use (thanks to good ol' online salty dogs). This thing WRECKS people who try to wake up. You DO have to make inputs in the opposite direction. So say you're Deathstroke, and the other Deathstroke tries this on you. If you want to wake up (with your back to the left wall), you want Sword Flip right (because Spin will get you air punished)? BUT, your input will be reversed. That means you need to do down BACK 3 (normally the input for Spin) to AA the enemy Deahtstroke.

This is CONFUSING to wake up against, great for opponents who wake up every time. However, if your opponent is a blocking kind of guy, this thing is useless. You can block BOTH ways and not get hit, as in forwards and backwards. If you block backwards, you just block Ji2 like normal. If you block forwards, you walk under DS and end up blocking the J2 anyways. (See note...)

You know what this is good for? Killer Frost. Yeah, screw that *****. Her wakeup slide has so much invulnerability, but do you know what happens if you try this? She slides INTO the corner, leaving herself completely vulnerable to air attacks. I am going to abuse the **** outta this on KF players now, I suggest people do the same.

One thing to beware of however, is HKD scaling. Longer combos = shorter HKD. Like I said above, most normal combos wont give you any trouble. However, some longer ones might not give you enough time to dash and jump.

NOTE: On second thought, even if neutral J2 is blocked, I can see it still having uses. J2 is a free mixup on block with B2 or B1. So block or not, this could be reeeaaaaallll good.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
NOTE: On second thought, even if neutral J2 is blocked, I can see it still having uses. J2 is a free mixup on block with B2 or B1. So block or not, this could be reeeaaaaallll good.

Also once konditioned to not wake up you kan dash in without jumping for raw 50/50's...

I love it...
Deathstroke is so versatile.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Also once konditioned to not wake up you kan dash in without jumping for raw 50/50's...

I love it...
Deathstroke is so versatile.

Or grabs, or CoD stuff.

Dam, add this to the Spin vortex setups and DS' corner game just got ****in rediculous.

Crathen

Death is my business
I made a video about the best BnB's to setup this in the corner , this is great against many characters and it's worth exploring , notice how not all wakeups with AA hitboxes beat this ( Doomsdays Supernova gets hit by the j2 when the invincibility frames already run out , GL lanterns might whiffs etcetc ) .

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I made a video about the best BnB's to setup this in the corner , this is great against many characters and it's worth exploring , notice how not all wakeups with AA hitboxes beat this ( Doomsdays Supernova gets hit by the j2 when the invincibility frames already run out , GL lanterns might whiffs etcetc ) .

How exactly do you determine which side you will be on after the J2? I seems to be different for me each time, thus making a B1U2 hard to use (132 has been my choice so far).

Crathen

Death is my business
How exactly do you determine which side you will be on after the J2? I seems to be different for me each time, thus making a B1U2 hard to use (132 has been my choice so far).
Basically it's about timing , the more you delay the jump 2 the more likely you'll be in the corner if the opponent wakes up or at least that's what my experiences are , i still get non reversed punishes and it turns out as a 12 but either way it's no biggie , you could also b23 wich becomes f23 if they Wakeup or stays b23 if they don't ( same goes for f23 reversed ) , 132 is ideal is you are sure they're going to wakeup to get some easy damage.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Basically it's about timing , the more you delay the jump 2 the more likely you'll be in the corner if the opponent wakes up or at least that's what my experiences are , i still get non reversed punishes and it turns out as a 12 but either way it's no biggie , you could also b23 wich becomes f23 if they Wakeup or stays b23 if they don't ( same goes for f23 reversed ) , 132 is ideal is you are sure they're going to wakeup to get some easy damage.

I see. Any reason you're not using F23 as the pre Flip string?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Idk if you have noticed, sometimes when a cross over J2 hits, the B1 registers even if you didn't hit the right direction. For example say I'm on the left side, my J2 hits and crosses over, now I'm on the right side, but I'm hitting Forward+1 instead of Back+1, it still registers as B1.