What's new

RetroArch - The Best Emulator Of All

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
RetroArch is a multi-console emulator with many neat features. Probably the most intriguing feature is the netplay option, as it uses a GGPO-like netcode. :)

So it's possible to play GGPO on a number of consoles. It's not 100% tested on every emulator it runs, but the ones it's tested on mostly work.

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/RetroArch - This will explain everything you need to know. To look for the cores that allow emulation of a console, Google is your best friend.

I'm really looking to test this with someone. And maybe @R.E.O. can use this to get in MKT64 with some peeps, like @MKK hanzo. ^_^

THTB

What systems does it support?
Arcade, NES, Super Nintendo, Game Boy/Color, Sega Master System/Genesis/CD/Game Gear, Game Boy Advance, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Virtual Boy, PC Engine/CD, Wonderswan Color/Crystal, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation 1. I've heard it also does Wii/GameCube and PS2.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Arcade, NES, Super Nintendo, Game Boy/Color, Sega Master System/Genesis/CD/Game Gear, Game Boy Advance, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Virtual Boy, PC Engine/CD, Wonderswan Color/Crystal, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation 1. I've heard it also does Wii/GameCube and PS2.
No N64?

RM Truth

Also, do you need to download plugins like you do for the PSX emulators?

THTB

I forgot N64 is done as well. :)

I'm just testing anything, really. And as far as I know, the only thing you actually need are the "cores", which are basically the emulators themselves, unless otherwise noted (BIOS, etc).

Last edited:

RM Truth

This looks really cool. I've always wanted a multi-purpose emulator. I'll have to play around with this when I get home.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I forgot N64 is done as well. :)

I'm just testing anything, really. And as far as I know, the only thing you actually need are the "cores", which are basically the emulators themselves, unless otherwise noted (BIOS, etc).
TG-16 or gtfo

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
someone zip up a bundle with the emulator, the n64 core and the mkt rom so TYM can start playing with friends

is netplay easy?

Justice

Noob
Dammit! I miss my Way if the Warrior soo bad :( oh well. I guess I'll just have to save up for a system....

Thanks so much for the quick reply @THTB :D

THTB

someone zip up a bundle with the emulator, the n64 core and the mkt rom so TYM can start playing with friends

is netplay easy?
The netplay is super simple, but you either need to open everything from command line or use RetroArch-Phoenix GUI (RGUI does not have the option to set up netplay).

In the Phoenix GUI, all you do is check the netplay box at the bottom, set whether you're hosting (server) or joining (client). If you're joining, you'll need the IP of the other player. Make sure you set your port right, too. Once joined, go ahead and enjoy.

There's no guarantees that every emulator will work well, since the netplay uses GGPO and is largely untested. The lower-end consoles should work pretty much flawlessly.

Oh, and there are Android and iOS versions that support netplay. ;)

hmmmm....

will wait til we have confirmation that certain games work flawlessly. then i'll be ready to bust some heads...and nuts.

none of you want it in TTT1 ;)