What's new

Question Resetting with Stryker

Owerbart

I miss you
Hi.

So, looking at a lot of stryker footage I found that you guys don't use Stryker's resets that much. Is really that bad? I found it to be really useful, specially if cancelled into gun.

Also, from a jump-in, try the ghetto reset 23-gun(hold)

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Actually I'm considering him as a surprise weapon.
Most of his stuff is all gimmicks though, trust me I know. If you play someone who has never played a legit Stryker, you will catch them with a lot of gimmicks, but once they play you enough, they will catch on and the gimmicks are done. If he had frame traps like Sheeva, then he'd be much better.

Owerbart

I miss you
Most of his stuff is all gimmicks though, trust me I know. If you play someone who has never played a legit Stryker, you will catch them with a lot of gimmicks, but once they play you enough, they will catch on and the gimmicks are done. If he had frame traps like Sheeva, then he'd be much better.
Well, I main Ermac, Cage and Kabal, so I have pretty much every MU covered. I won't be using him that much, maybe one out of 100. But I love the character (He's one of my favs, along with my mains) so I would really like to have him as a legit choice.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Well, I main Ermac, Cage and Kabal, so I have pretty much every MU covered. I won't be using him that much, maybe one out of 100. But I love the character (He's one of my favs, along with my mains) so I would really like to have him as a legit choice.
Oh well, that's fine. As long as you're having fun with him. That's why I still use him.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I use it, but I prefer to get bigger damage in most cases.

Sheeva's frame traps are gimmicks because most of what she gets hits high like Stryker and her stuff that doesn't prevents her from taking advantage of her positive frames because it's too slow like forward 3 outside of down 4 fireball stuff.

You can just down 1/down 3 her or uppercut her out of her pressure most of the time if you have a decent speed uppercut, nobody does, but you can.

It's better not to rely on gimmicks I feel...I've stopped with most of them, you can use gimmicks sparingly, but incorporating them too much in your game is just not safe, it's better to focus on what works in my opinion. You can go far like Maxter did with a very basic Stryker playstyle and good fundamentals.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Feels great when nobody blocks low after a full combo ending in standing 3 and you EX baton into D3 reset into another EX baton into D3 reset then just grab them.

I am the Stupid Stryker Gimmick Grandmaster.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The only reset i use is the ex baton sweep reset. Standing 3 Reset into ex baton sweep rarely if the opponent is kind of oblivious to Stryker.

I enjoy using B+3,2~3xxGun Cancel~Throw/crossover JIP/Back dashxxGC~back dash to counter/B+3,2~4xxRoll Toss.

The resets are a risk/reward situation; you could go for the normal damage, but in cases like the B+3,2~3 reset, the damage-potential makes me steer towards the reset. The risk is getting countered in some way by the opponent. Of course, Cyber Sub-Zero is probably rubbing his gimmick-style off on my Stryker, but I feel the need to take advantage of whatever close-kombat potential Stryker has, however risky it may be.......

.....Dem online gimmicks.

Chris Thomas

pokerbrat2k7
Lol if you main Kabal then your matchups
are already covered
#nerfkabal #buffupstryker
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2