What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Revealed via IGN for Mortal Kombat X

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
People used to be fucking thankful for shit man. After a three month draught of silence, we're gonna have a grand total of 4 character reveals, 2 trailers, and a live gameplay stream, and people are still calling them lazy cause Reptile only got a 2 minute expose instead of a 3 minute one with all the trimmings. I hope next game has no trailers at all.
IKr shit, its like NRS is saying "Geez the fuck you ppl want!?"

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
NRS is never going back to the human Reptile.
I'm hoping that at least cater to the players who prefer his human form Reptile costumes like in MK9, the MK1 Reptile and on the PS Vita the MK2 and UMK3 Reptile costumes.

If they choose not to go back to human form for Reptile, I'm hoping an updated Shaolin Monks costume lol

Lo0py

Noob
I'm hoping that at least cater to the players who prefer his human form Reptile costumes like in MK9, the MK1 Reptile and on the PS Vita the MK2 and UMK3 Reptile costumes.

If they choose not to go back to human form for Reptile, I'm hoping an updated Shaolin Monks costume lol
Yes, would love for them to add that shit, especially the MK3 one.

Ok, I now feel very confident Ermac will make it. Reptile made it, no way in hell he's more popular than Ermac.
Pretty sure he is.
Real talk; way more popular.
to the public reptile is undoubtedly more popular than ermac
http://testyourmight.com/threads/which-male-ninja-s-you-would-like-to-be-in-mkxs-roster.44888/
http://testyourmight.com/threads/which-ninjas-should-be-in-mkx-and-why.43907/

Try Again

Last edited:

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I wouldn't solely use TYM to gauge. The best source I can think of would be MK9 leaderboards using most popular character across all modes(biggest sample size by far) but it's down, but reptile being more popular is a premise I'm necessarily skeptic on because from the sources I've seen(eventhubs has him 4th, srk had him leading in a poll they did) it doesn't completely follow. Whatevs though, the world will never know #characterwars

Last edited:
I disagree. She hasn't lost "steam" after all these years. Reptile is a "meh" character, probably more popular back in the day imo.

I wouldn't solely use TYM to gauge. The best source I can think of would be MK9 leaderboards using most popular character across all modes but it's down, but reptile being more popular is a premise I'm necessarily skeptic on because from the sources I've seen(eventhubs has him 4th, srk had him leading in a poll they did) it doesn't completely follow. Whatevs though, the world will never know #characterwars
Reptile was better than ermac in mk9. Of course more people used him

Shark Tank

Reptile was better than ermac in mk9. Of course more people used him
Online character power doesn't necessarily equate to popularity. Among casuals I would say it has very little reliable correlation. It's something I would have to see numbers for. When I last looked at the ranking it was 1)Scorpion 2)Raiden 3) Sub and neither Ermac or reptile were in the top ten but I really don't reliably remember much more than that.

EDIT Apparently source(dated 2015)
he's actually slightly above reptile at 13/14 vs 15. I don't know if this is reliable since I can't accesses the site.

By the way, I'm not engaging on who "deserves" to get in since popularity isn't a shoe in for anything (see quan/kano(who I like in MKX)), I just don't like when people use intuition to gauge popularity. Not really reliable.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm so glad Reptile is back. I do believe the trailer was too short, but I don't care, I loved what I saw. I like the fact that NRS has kept at least one of his variations as a clear evolution of his MK9 style, and to be honest I wish that had been the case with all of the returning characters. I mean, he has different normals, new specials, and even the returning ones might have different propertys, but the core is still there. I think the same of Kung Lao, Scorpion, and posibly Kitana, we'll see what happens with the rest.

I didn't like the cheese intro line, but I don't like most, so that is not a surprise. I thought it was great he used his tongue in his trhow, but think it looks really bad the way he just holds KL in the air like that for so long. Should've just smashed him to the ground. Loved the jaw breaking in the x-ray, but the rest was not that great, and I'm still undecided about the costume.

I probably won't main him, he wasn't even my alt in MK9, but I do enjoy playing as him sometimes and I believe I will again. That combo at the end with the superdash and the jumping knee was so awesome I'll have to do it all the time.

Hades

Noob
Reading these comments i had a laugh. On the kung lao reveal you guys were all jizzing your pants everywhere about the reveal. Now everyone seems like their girlfriend told them to come over and they got all excited about going there and when it got down to it she just laid there stiff as a board haha. People need to chill.

All things considered. Ermac when you gettin yo telikinetic ass in dere bruh?

Shark Tank

Reading these comments i had a laugh. On the kung lao reveal you guys were all jizzing your pants everywhere about the reveal. Now everyone seems like their girlfriend told them to come over and they got all excited about going there and when it got down to it she just laid there stiff as a board haha. People need to chill.

All things considered. Ermac when you gettin yo telikinetic ass in dere bruh?
They need to save the best for last, Ermac's a gentlemen, he'll let everyone else get their character's revealed first.

"

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Reptile = Waste of a spot. Always been a boring character. Please at least give him a story line for once. I am unsure whether Ermac will be in it now unfortunately or it may be ninja overload. Besides, they said that they will be having characters in the roster from MK4 - Deception and we haven't really seen any yet (Quan is technically not)

coolwhip

Noob
MK9 sold 3 million copies. Safe to say TYM doesn't reflect the general consensus. The poll you linked to shows Ermac having 21 votes and Reptile having 10. THAT is your sample? A total of 31 votes? What a dumb argument.
Actually the first link goes to a poll with 343 votes with ermac having 70 and reptile having 65. The second lower vote poll was just to show that ermac was first in yet another poll. Also apparently ermac was used more in mk9 even though reptile was way better.(http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=154213) Hmm ermac wins all polls and is used more in the game and Reptile is more popular? But hey you can try again if you want

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Actually the first link goes to a poll with 343 votes with ermac having 70 and reptile having 65. The second lower vote poll was just to show that ermac was first in yet another poll. Also apparently ermac was used more in mk9 even though reptile was way better.(http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=154213) Hmm ermac wins all polls and is used more in the game. But hey you can try again if you want
70 to 65...in a game that sold 3 million copies. There's no need to try again, actually.

70 to 65...in a game that sold 3 million copies. There's no need to try again, actually.
Right 3 million. and of those 3 million the online game stats showed ermac being used more. Im done, ive made my point. Ermac is just as popular as reptile if not more. Quit trollin, your starting to look as bad as reptiles trailer. Have fun with the least hype character to date