What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Reveal Trailer Analysis by Perfect Legend

Yesterday one of everyone's favorite ninja's was revealed and this time it wad the green one. With that being said, Perfect Legend has put together a Reptile trailer analysis that discusses the nature of the moves, specials, movements and everything else in between. You'd be surprised how much you can find in 2 minutes!

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kung Lao gets hit by the Acid Puddle, ppl didn't notice because there is no hit animation, its a trap move like Scorpion's Flame Aura that deals heat damage over time as long as you stay near him, the Puddle deals acid damage over time if you're forced to step on it.

If you guys look closely, there is an corrosive acid animation on Lao once he gets up, so i think maybe a trap move, to bait people out of wakeups or corner.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
@A F0xy Grampa

That is why I feel like his teleport is ground based only. It may be reminisent of Sketor's teleport though, but still that is much easier to deal with.

Additionally hasen't Lao's teleport traditionaly been a ground activated move only?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Kung Lao gets hit by the Acid Puddle, ppl didn't notice because there is no hit animation, its a trap move like Scorpion's Flame Aura that deals heat damage over time as long as you stay near him, the Puddle deals acid damage over time if you're forced to step on it.

If you guys look closely, there is an corrosive acid animation on Lao once he gets up, so i think maybe a trap move, to bait people out of wakeups or corner.
I don't think it's about stepping on the liquid part on the floor, I think it's more to do with the vapour coming off it that blows towards Kung Lao. I think that will deal unblockable damage that builds over time. I think that's why it looks like Lao doesn't get hit by it, purely because we can't see the health meter which would have been drained.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't think it's about stepping on the liquid part on the floor, I think it's more to do with the vapour coming off it that blows towards Kung Lao. I think that will deal unblockable damage that builds over time. I think that's why it looks like Lao doesn't get hit by it, purely because we can't see the health meter which would have been drained.
Stream is tomorrow lets find out.

reason why trailer was pretty unhype revealed. im excited for the stream.
of course tomorrow is the stream, and for ppl saying BS about reptile and other mk pure characters are igau players lol, thats the reason they love ferra,dvorah kotal etc, reclaiming for new characters

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
@A F0xy Grampa

That is why I feel like his teleport is ground based only. It may be reminisent of Sketor's teleport though, but still that is much easier to deal with.

Additionally hasen't Lao's teleport traditionaly been a ground activated move only?
Last game it wasn't grounded only, and if it follows Sektors style, it'd be quicker in the air, sektors instant air uppercut is much quicker than a standing one.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Last game it wasn't grounded only, and if it follows Sektors style, it'd be quicker in the air, sektors instant air uppercut is much quicker than a standing one.
MK9 was an oddity for his teleport. The reason this is important is for AA purpouses. If Lao is forced to go down instead of up he can be AA'd by d1 consistantly.