What's new

Video/Tutorial - Noxious Reptile [Nox] Pressure Strings, Corner, BnBs, 50/50s (Online Play)

Griefa

Noob
Hello All,

For those of you who remember me from back in the MK9 days, I am back and at it again, still loyal to the green machine that is Reptile. I'll be uploading some videos quite frequently as I learn more techniques and mixups, and for now I would like to share what I've come up with since release. In these fights you will see a lot of corner pressuring and super aggressive play that Reptile is amazing at. Hope you enjoy them!

Griefa

Glaga

Professional Lurker
This is very inspiring. This heavily makes me consider playing Reptile. He was my main back in MK2...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You're not hitconfirming your strings and you're commiting to elbow dash, the worse option to commit to. You're mashing d3 even though you're -17. You never respected their armored wake up option. You didn't do any of the standard set ups. D1 is 8 frames and -4 on block while d3 is 8 frames but -2 on block.

Griefa

Noob
You're not hitconfirming your strings and you're commiting to elbow dash, the worse option to commit to. You're mashing d3 even though you're -17. You never respected their armored wake up option. You didn't do any of the standard set ups. D1 is 8 frames and -4 on block while d3 is 8 frames but -2 on block.
What are the standard set ups? I don't claim to be the best he any means but I haven't seen any good reptile videos yet. By the way this is day 4 tech lol. I didn't even know KJ had an armored wakeup at that point, because my full time job and family got in the way of me listening to podcasts and watching videos all day. Perhaps you can post some videos of yours where you play perfectly and I can learn from them, because I would really appreciate it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What are the standard set ups? I don't claim to be the best he any means but I haven't seen any good reptile videos yet. By the way this is day 4 tech lol. I didn't even know KJ had an armored wakeup at that point, because my full time job and family got in the way of me listening to podcasts and watching videos all day. Perhaps you can post some videos of yours where you play perfectly and I can learn from them, because I would really appreciate it.
F412 into nimble/ex nimble/sfb/invis/noxious. Throwing a ball means they either have to respect it, jump over it, or slide through. Which means, you pretty much can do whatever you want. Bnbs as of day 10 are, from an oh b2 -> run -> f421 into whatever, from a low: b3 xx ex klaw swipe -> njp -> run -> 21 -> f421 xx whatever. Corner you can do f412 xx ex nimble -> f41 -> 3 -> 3 -> 3 -> 3 -> f41 xx ffb -> d2 -> f412 xx slide or f412 xx ffb -> jb1 -> njp -> jf3 -> 21 -> f412 xx slide. You can also stuff moves with ex klaw swipe into njp -> run -> 21 -> f412 xx whatever and you can hitconfirm f21 into ex klaw swipe. If you get the grab from f211+3 you can ex it into walk forward a little bit -> njp -> run -> 21 -> f412 xx whatever. You get the idea.

After elbow dash you can run a little bit into elbow dash and switch places, inverting their wake ups into a 50/50 or throw situation.

Thank you for posting this worst version of an old ass combo in every goddamn thread.

SNAAAKES
You're welcome, this is for the noobs, And btw pretty practical combo, a lot of lame combos in Reptile threads, this will help a lot of people including yourself.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You're welcome, this is for the noobs, And btw pretty practical combo, a lot of lame combos in Reptile threads, this will help a lot of people including yourself.
Except its been posted multiple times in the past, and you really didnt have to post it in every thread.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-reptile-noxious-35-no-meter-47-xray-and-more.50585/

Like Cossner said, you only need to post it once. Not in every goddamn Reptile thread.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-reptile-noxious-35-no-meter-47-xray-and-more.50585/

Like Cossner said, you only need to post it once. Not in every goddamn Reptile thread.
This video combo of reptile is pretty unpractical and don't show the combo that I post here yesterday. I post the video in more than one thread for more people be able to see it. 34 into noxious is way more practical than first activate the noxious and try combos on real fights. Again, if anybody provides me the link showing my 43% combo with 1bar I will apologize. Thank you.