What's new

Reptile-Kabal MU, Some advice would be awesome

Lou, 21 is your best bet at punishing a blocked dash. Sometimes the 1 whiffs when blocked at max range, though. Also, if you want some Reptile exp feel free to hit me up on PSN. I play Kabal as well if you need some mirror exp.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lulzlou Sorry I haven't gotten at you yet I have been a little busy. I can hit you up for matches today if you like. As far as the MU goes and advice, I'm pretty sure I have told you before you play the MU very well. You just need to fix up your meta game a bit if I'm going to be honest, it seems like if I ever get you in a tight spot you start to panic and do things that aren't necessary. Just try to understand what would benefit you the most in certain situations and play accordingly. From what I remember here are some things you can improve on in the MU:

1) Anytime I throw out a normal fb, you can punish with Ex Nomad Dash as long as you don't wait too long.

2) I read something on here about not doing iaGB's, not true. You can use them and should as they are a major threat still, and keep Reptile from jumping as much, just be more careful when doing it and don't get careless or relentless with it. You definitely don't want to do away with them though because otherwise I will just jump buzz saws all day. You can stop iaGB's on reaction to fb's, depending on the fb you could even have time to throw out a buzz saw once you land just to keep Reptile in check.

3) Alright I noticed you do this a lot so I want to bring it up. A lot of times when we play you will do a full screen Ex NDC and get right in my face, even though I wasn't really doing a lot, idk what your intentions are when you do this so I'm not trying to put you on blast or anything, but I just noticed you do it a lot. I could see the use in it but sometimes it just seems like a waste of a good counter hit/punish.

Those are a few of the things I know. I'm not trying to call you out or anything, just letting you know some things I've noticed. Are there any specific things about the MU you want to know? Honestly just keep the pressure on, and you won't have to worry a whole lot because Reptile has a very hard time dealing with good pressure, his pokes are too slow and he starts to rely on dash/ex dash and ex slide to escape...all of which can be punished hard by Kabal.

Lulzlou

Noob
Joker8417
Honestly Reptile is the only match up I throw random shit out of no reason online. I'm hoping whenever I play an offline reptile, the things I know I can do in the mu will actually work.

1 & 2. I never ex nd projectiles online unless its minimal lagg. I usually block them all because I'm too scared to do anything else. My match with Krayzie was a good example. When he threw a net while I did a iagb, I was too high and wasn't able to recover in time. That wont happen with my offline iagb. Normally I don't do that bad against Reptiles but I feel like part of the reason I did was because I was mind fucked about the Krayzie match. Me getting caught in those nets really did something to me with the amount of pressure i felt like I was on.

3. There are a few reasons I do ex ndc from full screen to get in. First, I use it to test peoples reactions online and to figure out more shit I could follow up with. Second, I use it if I feel like you are going to use a projectile and I'm from full screen. Sometimes it works but sometimes it fails completely. I mainly use this only online since I have a hard time ex nd through projectiles in lagg. What this does is put me in a position where I'm in your face while you do the projectile and I can punish accordingly. And finally, if I have the meter to blow I use it to try to get a life lead. This could go along with the first reason but there a lot of mu's i don't have to worry about doing this. Its to get in your face to make you mess up. I actually do get people a lot with it so thats why I'm working on more shit with it.

I do feel like the only reason I play that mu the way I do online is because of the lagg. Kitana and Reptile are so different online and offline. I wish I was close to a big scene ;___;

also I'm going through the rest of the thread later tonight. I've been taking a small break for a few days.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
Wow, I don't even know what character you play but I bet you make it look sloppy as shit, get at us reptile players son.

Sent from my PC36100
I main reptile of course... But I have yet to find a non- elbow dash spammer online. oh and other thing I hate about reptile players they love wasting meter like they're getting free re-fills and shit.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
LOL TL_tr1ckylizard but I barely play this game anymore if you ever see me online fight request me.
oh ok I gotcha i think yer on my friends list already but we never got a chance to play. It's straight we dont't need to play trust it's just the booze talking. plus I know I'm da bessss anyway.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
A blocked dash is -15 so no.
The problem I have is F4 punishing the dash online. I either get standing 4, sweep or a dash and I suffer for it. I don't want to use 21 since the f4 is more consistent for me offline.
No I meant can u snuff the Dash w/ Spin, not on block

I main reptile of course... But I have yet to find a non- elbow dash spammer online. oh and other thing I hate about reptile players they love wasting meter like they're getting free re-fills and shit.
That's funny cause I was told by someone yesterday that made showtime rage at a tourney that I had a better reptile then him, must not be very many good reps on psn.

Sent from my PC36100