What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Report Ferra/Torr patch changes here

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
I guess most of us have noticed that the latest patch had some nerfs for Ferra/Torr. I don't know if such is the case for other chars too, but I would expect others also got nerfed. What I've noticed is that many of Ferra/Torr's normals have become one frame slower than they were. Ferra Smash B2 for example is now 19 frames, being 18 before the patch. D3 is 7fr. now instead of 6 and so on. Has anyone noticed any other changes?

But why did NRS nerf Ferra/Torr's speed :mad:, it's not like they were overpowerfull or something like that. And here I was thinking that they were like trying, through Ferra/Torr, to break the stereotype which regards hulking chars as slow and sluggish.. :confused:

***UPDATE***

Seems like all frame data have changed in that manner, t'is not a nerf, sorry guys, false alarm.

However, should there ever be any changes (like it happened with 4, 2+4 string) we could report them here..

Last edited:

Noob
there wasn't a nerf (or at least not like you're describing) the frame data didn't start from 0 before so all the data was off by 1 frame. check around, everything got bumped by 1

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
I guess most of us have noticed that the latest patch had some nerfs for Ferra/Torr. I don't know if such is the case for other chars too, but I would expect others also got nerfed. What I've noticed is that many of Ferra/Torr's normals have become one frame slower than they were. Ferra Smash B2 for example is now 19 frames, being 18 before the patch. D3 is 7fr. now instead of 6 and so on.

Has anyone noticed any other changes?

But why did NRS nerf Ferra/Torr's speed :mad:, it's not like they were overpowerfull or something like that. And here I was thinking that they were like trying, through Ferra/Torr, to break the stereotype which regards hulking chars as slow and sluggish.. :confused:
Doomsday not slow, sluggish. Doomsday kill you!

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I guess most of us have noticed that the latest patch had some nerfs for Ferra/Torr. I don't know if such is the case for other chars too, but I would expect others also got nerfed. What I've noticed is that many of Ferra/Torr's normals have become one frame slower than they were. Ferra Smash B2 for example is now 19 frames, being 18 before the patch. D3 is 7fr. now instead of 6 and so on.

Has anyone noticed any other changes?

F/T is pretty powerful, hardly anyone uses them however, that's why they are being slept on.

They still have armor for days, and good 50/50's

Parnak

there wasn't a nerf (or at least not like you're describing) the frame data didn't start from 0 before so all the data was off by 1 frame. check around, everything got bumped by 1
*Sigh* that was a relief, thanks for the info, :oops: seems I was mistaken and Ferra/Torr pokes were not slowed down.. And I falsely accused NRS of nerfing them lol!. However, I also suspected a nerf because I now find the (2+4) part of the B2, 3, 2+4 string harder to come out, at the very least not as consistently as I recall it before, but that's probably just me, getting used to the game again after a week off.. However, should there be some kind of nerf/buff for patches to come, we could post it here, hopefully making some use of this thread.. :cool:

However, I also suspected a nerf because I now find the (2+4) part of the B2, 3, 2+4 string harder to come out, at the very least not as consistently as I recall it before, but that's probably just me, getting used to the game again after a week off..
That happened to me as well with Liu Kang's run combos. Muscle memory requires maintainence.
However, should there be some kind of nerf/buff for patches to come, we could post it here, hopefully making some use of this thread.. :cool:
Good idea!

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I guess most of us have noticed that the latest patch had some nerfs for Ferra/Torr. I don't know if such is the case for other chars too, but I would expect others also got nerfed. What I've noticed is that many of Ferra/Torr's normals have become one frame slower than they were. Ferra Smash B2 for example is now 19 frames, being 18 before the patch. D3 is 7fr. now instead of 6 and so on. Has anyone noticed any other changes?

***UPDATE***

Seems like all frame data have changed in that manner, t'is not a nerf, sorry guys, false alarm.

However, should there ever be any changes (like it happened with 4, 2+4 string) we could report them here..

wait what happened to 4 2+4?!? Dont tell me they nerfed it already... :(

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
They're not going to be making character balancing changes this early. Any changes are probably just things being fixed to what they were supposed to be.

That move isnt called Ferra's Inquisition though, I didnt see any move in the move list called that. 4 2+4 is listed as "Aerial Dash"
Yeah, I know. It's just a funny nickname that someone gave to it, in reference to Monty Python.
They're not going to be making character balancing changes this early. Any changes are probably just things being fixed to what they were supposed to be.
Mm-hmm. And this thread will be here for whenever such changes occur!

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
So in the patch notes

• Fixed several characters being able to attack on the first frame of a jump.
I believe this takes away F/T instant BJ1, removing a strong anti air option. *profound sadneeees*

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
Why is F/T NJP a Mid and not an Overhead like the rest if the cast? Is this a bug? Was it like that before the patch?

Parnak

Why is F/T NJP a Mid and not an Overhead like the rest if the cast? Is this a bug? Was it like that before the patch?
I don't remember if it was always an overhead before any patch, but it can become an overhead if you input it as you come down from the neutral jump. Timing is a bit tricky though..

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Was gonna write this yesterday but had to wait for my account to be verified.

Im pretty sure F2 was -10 on block before the patch, and is now -7, meaning barely punishable.

Also 4 and 4,2+4 are now +2 on block. I didnt see anyone else mention those.
And 111, and b1,2,1,2 are both -6, when Im certain they were more punishable earlier. Sub zeroes were definately punishing 1,1,1 with slide before.

Parnak

Was gonna write this yesterday but had to wait for my account to be verified.

Im pretty sure F2 was -10 on block before the patch, and is now -7, meaning barely punishable.

Also 4 and 4,2+4 are now +2 on block. I didnt see anyone else mention those.
And 111, and b1,2,1,2 are both -6, when Im certain they were more punishable earlier. Sub zeroes were definately punishing 1,1,1 with slide before.
Neat frame info! This is good to know, thanks for sharing! Gotta love F2, great normal. And Considering Torr's size, such changes are on the right direction. I mean, a hulking brute of immerse strength throws a move, it doesn't make sense for one to block such a move with so much ease that they can also punish it lol