What's new

Replace PCB on MK PDP stick

aj1701

Noob
I'm modding my MK9 PDP stick. I've replaced the switches on the stick with cherry switches, and the buttons with convex buttons and cherry switches.

I'd like to now do a dual mod. Not really. I want to replace the existing PCB I have with a PS360+ I now have. When I do this, I'd also like to switch the r1 and r2 buttons (why its laid out that way I'll never figure out).

I'm hoping to get some info before I just take it out on what to expect with the select, start, home and the l2 r2 buttons. Are they soldered directly to the board? Would they connect to the new PCB the same way as other buttons (just the two wires) or are they like pad buttons?

aj1701

Noob
If it didn't come with any.....wiring, connectors, wire strippers.
I have wire strippers. It looks like the ps360 is soulderless, so except for the non play buttons I should be ok and able to reuse the existing wiring.

DaRabidDuckie

Shimapan Destroyer
Yeah, just use a wire stripper or a knife and use the existing wiring with the PS360+ board. The only thing that should give you problems are the ground wires, which you'll have to connect to each other somehow. For a solderless solution, I'd recommend stripping enough of the wire where you can wrap them all together into one wire that goes into the PS360+ board.

aj1701

Noob
Yeah, just use a wire stripper or a knife and use the existing wiring with the PS360+ board. The only thing that should give you problems are the ground wires, which you'll have to connect to each other somehow. For a solderless solution, I'd recommend stripping enough of the wire where you can wrap them all together into one wire that goes into the PS360+ board.
Over at SRK (which seems to be down until Monday) they said there was a way to use the existing PCB and keep the r1/l1 and sel and start buttons (as those are part of that pcb). I didn't quite follow how they said to accomplish it... I know it wasn't trying to dual mod with that pcb, just keep it soley for the existing buttons.