REO takes UMK3; btbb99 takes MK2 at Winter Brawl 6!!

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by The Ghost of Tim Static, Feb 19, 2012.

• by The Ghost of Tim Static, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • The Ghost of Tim Static

The Ghost of Tim Static A Ghost of TYM past... Staff Member Lead Moderator

A wild & crazy weekend full of MORTAL KOMBAT has just concluded, and beyond MK9, MK's past had an amazing weekend as well. Tourneys, like always were held for UMK3 and MK2 at a BigE event, run by the KOMBAT NETWORK. Mad props to all who came, entered, played and supported not just the actual tourney but the stream as well. Now for the results!

In UMK3 REO took 1st using, in another 1st, Noob Saitbot, who won his first ever UMK3 tourney. He took it over @AC 1984 and his Kabal. Shock came in 3rd. Twenty-five sign ups show UMK3 is still going strong, especially so in the Great NE.

MK2 was a success as well. Great, great matches and some great, great players made for an awesome event. btbb99 took 1st again, while summoning took 2nd. Third place went to DCIguy, who also traveled all the way from Nevada to play MK2!! Awesome stuff.

Congrats again to EVERY single person who came to the event, and supported this event. Without YOU, the players who show up, this scene, this site, this community is nothing. THANK YOU ALL!!

Ok im done! :coffee:
    Darth Mao, Posthuman, ded and 10 others like this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by The Ghost of Tim Static, Feb 19, 2012.

1. KH_Captain
    every since MKAK came out i've been tryin to play these games again and boy am i rusty but still hella fun. gotta have MK1 lol i love it
  2. MKillBill
    Quick shout out. Amazing experience and matches. Thanks to everyone on the stream who came to watch and thanks to Phil for allowing btbb99 and myself to speak on the stream.
  3. DanCock
    nice job everyone.. great weekend :)
  4. STRYKIE
    Indeed, was great fun to watch and discuss old school MK, thanks once again to Phil for making it happen.

Here's to the future of the past!
    bloodsport likes this.
  5. Dark_Rob
    Watching BTBB,Summoning, and DCIguy play MK2 is like watching art in motion.
    Congrats REO on winning UMK3.
  6. Aure
    rob i was trying to say whats up in the shoutbox on the spooky stream,un is haggarbuster
    bloodsport likes this.
  7. Juggs
    Good shit to REO for winning with Noob Saibot, funny stuff!
    Larry_Bird and bloodsport like this.
  8. NinjaGrinder
    How many entrants for MK2? nice UMK3 numbers, 25?? damn

Noob Saibot? lol what happened, Simon?
    AREZ God of War likes this.
  9. AC1984
    Simon choked... :-D. Good shit REO and Btbb for the amazing performance. Props to Shock, DCI and Summoning for top 3.

P.S. I think that Noob being available for tournament play, eliminates the fact that Kabal is cheap and OP...so i'm good with it.

Grinder, go play REO and you'll see exactly what happened. :)
  10. AREZ God of War
    Thanks to everyone who showed, played, supported, and made the event as great as it was. I had had so much fun I can barely do anything besides sit motionless right now cuz im so tired. Mad props to Rin for placing top 8 at his 1st tourney ever, congratlations to REO, Simon, and Shock in UMK3, Btbb, Summoning and DCI Guy for MK2 and EVERYONE who did remotely close to well in MK9, despite placement. Thanks all for keeping the MK tourney scene live and most importantly......

........filled with beer :)
  11. ChuckFiasco
    Christ...can anyone beat btbb99? Mother trucker wins EVERY MK2 event! Good job bro.
  12. btbb99
    first off thanks again to the guys that make these tournaments happen, Phil9.95, Shock, Summoning and whoever else i'm missing, also thanks to the guys that played in the tournament, esp Dciguy who flew all the way out from Reno Nevada to hang out with me for the weekend and play and support MK2, much props goes out to you buddy... i had a blast seeing all of the mk2, umk3 and mk9 guys again. all a good group of guys.. until next time
  13. The Ghost of Tim Static
    SO AWESOME!!

AREZ God of War so proud of you bro! gotta get out to SJ or NEC this year to hang out bro! Good shit!

AC1984 my brother, so proud of your weekend. very very VERY good! Keep it up! hope to see you again very soon too!

Everyone else thank you!

Bill, Brian, Eric, Phil, Matt, Nit, Simon, Andrew and everyone else..... Much love!
    AC1984, DCIguy and AREZ God of War like this.
  14. General M2Dave
    Noob Saibot?

Wait a minute.

Tim Static, I thought this character was broken as shit and banned.
  15. THTB
    Noob Saibot in MKT was banned. Noob Saibot in UMK3 Juggernaut has no specials, but the fastest walkspeed and higher health.

Good shit guys, and awesome to hear that Noob Saibot was used to win.
    m2dave likes this.
  16. The Ghost of Tim Static
    In MKT he is broken as fuck.

In this hack of the UMK3 arcade rom, he is fine. Isnt even Top 5, maybe as far down as #9. He has no special moves, but has 150% life, super fast walking speed and basically just a pop up combo.

(thanks REO for the correction!)
    m2dave likes this.
  17. General M2Dave
    Ah, thanks guys.

Figures REO would actually use a character with twice as much health as the others. LOL.
    Lok0xXxSn1per5 likes this.
  18. R.E.O.
    Noob Saibot has 150% health.
  19. The Ghost of Tim Static
    ah ok, i thought it was double. thanks
  20. AREZ God of War
    Apparently REO has decided he didn't like that and decided to change it LOL

Who IS this freak of gaming that gets supposed low-tier characters broken-status?

I think there were 12 for MK2. They were both very electrifying tourneys and lots of noise came from the crowd, as do all of our tournaments. Simon did his thing man, tbh...it's just that Robo-Kid behind Noob's brokeness proved too much for Kabal at the time....i said Noob was bullshit when Juggernaut hack came out lol

This had me crackin' up. :)
  21. Juggs
    Noob is good because you really don't need specials in UMK3. Especially when you have the fastest walking speed, a pop-up combo and 50% more health than every character. All you need is good footsies and to be adept at kara/glitch jabbing and you'll do really well with Noob.
  22. AREZ God of War
    It feels like ur playing someone using "unlimited run".

I thought I remembered Shock saying it was like 133% but I could be mistaken. U have to do the math and compare it to normal damage% on another character w/ the exact same combo to get an exact number. I just never bothered.
  23. summoning
    had alot of fun guys , thanks to all the old school mk players as usual. Special thanks to b2b ( maybe one day ill win lol ) and dciguy for flying down from reno just to play our kung/kang matchups :)

till next time!!

ps arez, you and your umk3 guys were awesome, keep working on getting better, RAX is coming for you
    Rin Andrechentov likes this.