What's new

Release check ON/OFF option for MKX

do you want a release check on/off option for MKX?

• yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • no

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • don't care but it be nice to have the option

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Coming from the negative edge in mk9 to playing injustice, i REALLY loved the ability to turn it off with the release check on/off option.
i hope this feature makes it way over to Mortal Kombat X :)

@tylerlansdown
@colt

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I don't see why they wouldn't put this in if it was in Injustice already. Doesn't seem like a feature that would be game specific and not carried over.

Notez4

Noob
I dont believe they would downgrade when it comes to settings from one game to the next. i actually never saw the point of having it on in the first place.

anyone care to explain?

I dont believe they would downgrade when it comes to settings from one game to the next. i actually never saw the point of having it on in the first place.

anyone care to explain?
It can be used to create shortcuts with inputs. I do hope they give the option to turn it on or off though--really liked they included that in Injustice.

9_Lives

Noob

anyone care to explain?
Back in the old days Kabal players (and possibly Skarlet, not sure) could only do their crazy ndc pressure by having the inputs from the previous block string inside of the input for the nd and its cancel. So like cancelling 2 into nd and then cancelling nd back into 2 again would be 2,4,back forward, back+block, 2,4,back forward, back+block. Without that 4 in there carrying over the the back forward, some serious jedi thumbs were required to time the back forward in between the 2 and the 4, especially more than once, let alone enough times to do significant chip to the opponent without failing to cancel a dash and eating a full combo.

That being said, I don't know of any characters other than Kabal that I've played that utilize the release check as a necessity for their faster pressure strings in like...any game I've played. So usually the release check is just a nuisance more than anything as it can easily mess up combos. Like Superman can't do his f2~scoop after the ji3 in his meter burn bnb because the 2 carries over in the down forward most of the time and turns it into his rising grab instead of the scoop, which is df1. It can shave like 6-8% off of some combos if the inputs are similar enough and cost you the game.

So I really hope they have the option to switch it on/off, since it is possible we could see characters that need the release check on in order to win while there are others that need it off to win.