What's new

Regular space hook

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Has anyone found any specific uses for this move? I currently only use it to end combos in the corner to give me some breathing room. Other than that and using mb to keep them close, has anyone found any specific uses for it?

I go with low chain 99/100 times just because I think it's better in almost every scenario.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Start up frames are a little faster than low. Standing 3 to Space Hook is not a link, so many people (Batmans mostly) think they can jump after blocking the 3. Space Hook stops that. I use it as a general poking tool. I fish with it a lot if I think they are trying to dash in. Recovers much faster than Low Space Hook. Its technically unpunishable at range. I use it after I roll under opponent jump cross up attempts. If they try to jump again...

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
I never use it unless i have trait loaded and I'm looking for a little bit of extra damage... the majority of the time I'll stick with low space hook, or meterburn hook charge. Can't seem to find a legitimate reason to use it.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Also, if used in the corner, it keeps them in that corner and creates space, so Lobo can't be jumped over without them having to actually walk forward first, which brings you standing 3 into play to limit their options.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
It used to be my combo ender mb. Then I realized that was stupid now I hardly ever use it.

Lord Hollow basically listed the pros of using 3 xx SH on block. My main gripes with the move, though, are the following:

When used in a combo in the corner, it's one of those moves that forces you out of the corner and places you in this awkward spot near the corner. So, when trying to maintain the corner, you have to give up the most damaging ender you have and end with hook charge. So if I want to end my combo with space hook near the corner, I HAVE to MB it, making me spend another bar for only a small damage increase in my combo. It's a really dumb complaint, but yeah, this is something that's always bugged me about the move.
I also hate that, when used as a poking tool via 3 xx SH, it kinda just leaves you both at neutral. The situation resets, basically, since they are most likely pushed too far for them to attempt to poke out and them being pushed away from you means you have less options to use against the opponent.

Finally, when using this as a poking tool, let's say this move actually connects. Congratulations, you got in on the opponent then poked at them with this move and sent them literally full-screen. Have fun getting back in/reloading your trait and trying to claw your way in afterwards. In this scenario, you've basically hung yourself or made life worse for you just for trying to use your spacing tools.

Because of these gripes, I've usually just skipped the middle man and cancel my 3 into Hook Charge MB (normal if the opponent doesn't have a super obvious punish option that beats it's -10 block advantage). I'm spending a bar to get in, but they can't poke out since I'm armored, I'm actually at advantage in this case, and I'm right where I want to be: right in their face. From there, I can use czar toss/b12 to continue being at advantage/tk party crasher or whatever I feel like doing, really.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I kinda like it pushes me out of the corner, because they are still in it and they can't just panic jump over me and get out of said corner.Once I have them in the corner, I try to keep them right inside of standing 3 range at that point. Space Hook helps me do that.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I try to do it after an antiair standing 3, it usually whiffs though, hook charge being much better for an antiair 3 followup

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I use the mb version to get people near me it's basically perfect distance for a czar throw as long as they don't wake up. I only try it if I have a life lead.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I use the mb version to get people near me it's basically perfect distance for a czar throw as long as they don't wake up. I only try it if I have a life lead.
Right. I use it like that too from time to time. Was just wondering if anyone uses it for any kind of other situation.

It saddens me that this move and anti air grab have like 1 use. I wish our anti air grab was like Grundy's lol

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Right. I use it like that too from time to time. Was just wondering if anyone uses it for any kind of other situation.

I don't think there's really much use for it in Lobo's case as a follow up because it pushes them away, leaving you out of the pressure zone, you can't cancel it into anything like an unavoidable interactable either, there just seems to be really no follow up because of the distance and recovery time

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I don't think there's really much use for it in Lobo's case as a follow up because it pushes them away, leaving you out of the pressure zone, you can't cancel it into anything like an unavoidable interactable either, there just seems to be really no follow up because of the distance and recovery time
I load a nuke and like I said above, it pushes them to the corner.