What's new

Regarding New GGPO MKX Netcode: Bold Statements from Top Players

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm's new netcode, which was teased as "GGPO" (Good Game, Peace Out) is taking players by surprise in my opinion. The netcode for NetherRealm Studios' games has been a struggle for years and therefore, their games died out due to poor online. However, the new netcode that is only currently available to those players who have received the Beta codes is receiving about 99% positive feedback.

Regarding the netcode, I looked up a few top players' twitter accounts to see what they've had to say. Judging by their comments and the increased forum discussion here on TYM regarding the netcode, I believe NetherRealm has been very successful so far.

ggpo.png

TBH the netcode is so good I'm not sure traveling is necessary anymore.- Perfect Legend (rt'd by SonicFox)
https://twitter.com/PerfectLegend/status/695271049739509760

Thank you based @pakostevens @noobde @NetherRealm . this is the online I've been wanting since mk9. - DJT
https://twitter.com/YOMI_DJT/status/692147531841675264

MKX's new netkode in the online beta is SO good! I played it a ton the past two days and it felt like I was playing offline pretty much. - REO
https://twitter.com/MK_REO/status/692146686744006656

First impression of the MKX enhanced online beta is that it's REALLY good but there was still a few laggy matches. Can't wait for D'Vorah! - HoneyBee
https://twitter.com/HoneyBeeCMNDR/status/692557797284827138

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I heard people saying the netcode was still bad/laggy. No amount of godlevel netcode can fix a terrible connection. Get wired, stop streaming services (Netflix, Twitch, etc.) during it, don't download/upload during heavy sessions.

Basically limit problems on your end when it comes to online play, every bit matters.

JDM

Noob
It's absolutely phenomenal. Nearly perfect. I had a ~250+ ping match with someone from the UK and 90 percent of the games were flawless. There was barely any skipping even at that high of a ping.

I actually hate online in every game I've played competitively, MKX, UMVC3, and Injustice. But This netcode is really incredible. I have no qualms about it. BTW: The first patch for the PS4 fixed the online. The vanilla version of the beta was pretty bad (constant skips even at low ping, but I heard it was a bug) so if anyone's saying it's laggy try it again.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
The new netcode is an Elder godsend.

Also, is it just me or is the average skill level of players in the beta like a bajillion times higher than regular online. I've played approx 50-60 matches and pretty much every single opponent knew what they were doing and none of my wins came easy. Seems like a noob free zone at the moment.

Skedar70

Noob
Ok... I am from a third world country. I have been able to play Tekken and other games online with no issues. I don't have a beta code. If when I try this netcode I can play fine, EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY PERFECTLY FINE. I am really hoping this netcode thing works. With the existing net code it was impossible for me to ever play online :(.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Im obviously not a top player but the netcode is amazing. I hope it stays this gdlk when its added to real game.

Has NRS said when this will happen btw? Are they doing it on march 1st or nah?

E

Eldriken

I heard people saying the netcode was still bad/laggy. No amount of godlevel netcode can fix a terrible connection. Get wired, stop streaming services (Netflix, Twitch, etc.) during it, don't download/upload during heavy sessions.

Basically limit problems on your end when it comes to online play, every bit matters.
Rather, no amount of godlike netcode can fix a terrible connection BETWEEN THE TWO PEOPLE.

Stop blaming everyone else, people. Jesus Christ. While it CAN be their fault, it's not always their fault. Not all connections are going to play nice with one another. It's just the nature of the Internet.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Ok... I am from a third world country. I have been able to play Tekken and other games online with no issues. I don't have a beta code. If when I try this netcode I can play fine, EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY PERFECTLY FINE. I am really hoping this netcode thing works. With the existing net code it was impossible for me to ever play online :(.
For whatever it's worth, I did try to get EU and other Beta codes but they're US exclusive for the time-being.

Probably not news to you - my point is I tried to get codes for others, not just US players.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
These cats need to remember, when the masses hit this netcode, it could change things. Just saying.

And PL's post about "no need to travel" is ridiculous.
Very true... but this is at least, I'd like to think, a few steps in the right direction.

regarding PL's comment... I think that's the highest form of compliment NRS could get for the new online. Obviously people are NOT going to follow PL and only play online. I think as a community, we've taught ourselves better than that. EVO 2016 confirmed, need we say more?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
What if you got quotes from non-nrs players/testers? Not that they're wrong, netcode is perfect, just people from other communities probably have doubts that such a miracle for nrs games could happen based on past experience/stereotypes. Other FG communities would be more interested if they're tournament players said the same things.